User Tag List

Page 3 of 226 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
Like Tree10151Likes

Thread: The fun's over! It's time for an Easter (Sunday, March 31) Challenge!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I guess I will give this a go again. I want to lose 10 pounds a month, so around 30 by March 31.

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Im in!!! My weigh in day is tuesdays... doing WW... I have 29lbs to go till I reach my goal!
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

sorry Lynn, got sidetracked yesterday with DH and his Dr appt. Anyways, it seems my digital scale decided to play a prank on me, the battery must have died as it just displays the word " low " when I try to activate it.
    I tried replacing with 2 other batteries I found laying on top of the fridge ( why would someone take out a dead 9 volt and then put it on top of the fridge? ) so those 2 were no help.
    O.K. Friday seems perfect as a weigh in date.

Note to self, buy a new 9 volt when out today.
    The regular old fashioned scale seems to be telling me I am up 10 lbs!! Yes Lynn you were right, I did imagine it to be a lot worse. I can feel it in my clothes, especially my favourite white soft furry coat that I was so happy to be able to wear again.
    It's snug to zipper up now.

As far as what method I will be using I will say part 6wbmo, and part Naturopath's directives ( it is similar anyway, GF,DF, )
    The caffeine is the thing I may not want to give up still, she recommends it, but...but.... my TASSIMO!!! I LOVES it.

Oh and since DH and I are both off work for a bit longer I am really going to " try " and finally unwrap the 2 Jane Fonda DVD workouts I have. He swears he is going to join me in weight loss, but it is adorably laughable as he has ZERO commitment and NO willpower! However he is still cute as a button and makes me laugh so it is a tradeoff.

Ok gang, I'm in!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    I am going to the gym (weights and spin classes)--thinking of walking on my lunch break too
    Diet: gluten/dairy/egg/beef/fish free (basically anything that I am allergic too!) Ate some chips today and had an allergic reaction- the runs and my throat closed and my ears plugged all day
    I am hoping to lose 25lbs by Easter
    Abby, you have to be so careful, most chips are not gluten free
    Lynn49 and Abby5 like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I don't need to take any weight off, but I do need to go to the gym to regain my strength. I wish you all a lot of luck as I realize how hard it is to eat right, get to the gym and try and stay fit. Good luck to all of you.
    Lynn49, Abby5, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Ok sorry I am late, haven't been around much these days.

My goal is 1 lb a week , no diet just changed over to vegan since about April of last year. 1st weighin will have to be next Tuesday I guess.

aussie, Lynn49, Abby5 and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Mia001, Lynn49, Abby5 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    Abby, you have to be so careful, most chips are not gluten free
    You are so right Holly I think it was the mono sodium glutamate ....I am really bad with that too. I should just stick to lays originals ...lol
    Lynn49 and Frugal Momma like this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I only gained 2 pounds of the holidays, which is surprising since I ate WAY too much. lol.

Back on track though (doing WW) so hopefully I can lose 1 pound a week to reach my 40 pound loss goal for next year.

Glad to see this continuing, you all give me so much inspiration! Especially Aussie! WTG.
    Patty Smyth, Lynn49, Abby5 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I will join you all again. My goal is 7lbs and then maintain. I will weigh in with everyone else.
    Patty Smyth, Lynn49, Abby5 and 1 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I just have a minute this morning, but I found this great site for those of us on WW.
    http://quiddity.cc/rachel/diet/wwfoods.htm
    This is so great when charting our daily points.....olives! Yum! I also graze on grapes during the day...
    have a skinny day, everyone! And welcome!
    Holly...you can keep the funnies coming...there are days we'll really need them!
    Abby5, walkonby and Granger like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Some of these tips are interesting. Not all apply to me or maybe you but a few are good sensible things we can all do.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...ck-your-diet-0

I was recently asked for 10 tips for sticking to your diet. I quickly made the following list but I didn’t necessarily include the 10 most important tips, especially because each dieter is different. Which tips (on or off the list) have been most important to you?

1. Don’t even try to change your eating until you have learned important skills, such as how to motivate yourself every day, how to get yourself to use good eating habits, how to withstand hunger and craving, and how to get yourself back on track immediately when you make a mistake.
    2. Motivate yourself every day by reading a long list of reasons that you want to lose weight every morning. Pull out this list at vulnerable times of the day, as well.
    3. Eat everything sitting down, slowly, and enjoy every bite–whether or not you feel like it. It’s much more difficult to allow yourself to eat off plan, eat mindlessly, or binge if you are doing this.
    4. Stay accountable. Report (whether or not you have used good eating habits and followed your eating plan) to another person–daily–through email, texting, or voice messages. Stay accountable to yourself by weighing yourself every day.
    5. Stop looking for the perfect diet or the perfect combination of foods. Eat in a very healthy way but allow yourself to have one favorite food, in moderation, every single day. If you’re tempted to eat more of this food or go on to other foods you hadn’t planned to eat, then consume it shortly before bedtime, brush your teeth, and get in bed.
    6. Change your mindset about food and eating. Recognize that you can eat whatever you want whenever you want OR you can be thinner. You can’t have it both ways.
    7. Prove to yourself that hunger is never an emergency (if you don’t have a serious medical condition). Skip lunch and snacks one day. You’ll find that hunger is only mildly uncomfortable, compared to real discomfort such as you might have experienced after surgery or after breaking a bone; that hunger comes and goes, lasting no more than 5-10 minutes at a time, usually; that hunger is certainly tolerable.
    8. Teach yourself the difference between hunger (that empty feeling in your stomach when you haven’t eaten for a few hours) and craving or the desire to eat (which you will feel in your mouth or throat). Ultimately, you want to just label what you’re feeling (hunger, craving, tiredness, boredom, or a negative emotion) and tolerate it without eating. In the short-run, have a list of powerful distractions to turn your attention away from food.
    9. Regularize your eating with a set plan of meals and snacks. Some people do well with no snacks, some with a snack after each meal, some with two snacks after dinner. Eat only when it’s time to eat; not when you feel like eating.
    10. Tell yourself that every time matters. It’s not necessarily the calories (after all, cookie crumbs are not very fattening); it’s the HABIT. Every time you eat something you weren’t supposed to, you strengthen your giving in muscle, which makes it more likely that the next time you’ll give in and the time after that and the time after that. Every time you stick to your plan when you’re tempted to eat something else, you strengthen your resistance muscle, which makes it more likely that the next time you’ll resist, and the time after that and the time after that.
    Lynn49, Abby5, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

This I am guilty of for sure.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...hrow-away-food

Some dieters are so surprised when I suggest that throwing away food is an essential skill for long-term success (pages 82-83 of The Complete Beck Diet for Life). Stella told me that she usually nibbled on the food her children left on their plates and on the small amount of food left in serving dishes. “It’s only a little,” she would rationalize. “I don’t want it to go to waste.” We discussed this problem one day in session.
    First, I re-introduced the notion that eating food she hadn’t planned to eat in advance was strengthening her “giving-in” muscle, which meant it was more likely that the next time she would give in and the next and the next. It wasn’t so much the calories (two fries and a bite of hamburger aren’t terribly caloric) for any one instance of eating food from their plates, it was the habit.
    Second, we talked about the concept that the food was actually going to waste in her body. The only way the leftover food wouldn’t “go to waste” would be if she wrapped it up and gave it to someone who truly needed it.

Third, I asked Stella if she could think of someone who had a different view about wasting food. Stella told me that her husband who would never even think about eating from their kids’ plates as he cleared the table or taking the last two tablespoons of mashed potatoes from the serving bowl if he had already finished eating.
    Fourth, we looked at the impact of her ideas about wasting food. Stella was able to see that her habit had probably added pounds to her weight in the past few years and would likely continue to do so.
    Fifth, I helped Stella see that although her mother had imparted many valuable lessons to her when she was young, the idea “throwing away food is a sin,” wasn’t one of them.
    Sixth, I asked Stella about her children:
    Dr. Beck: Do you want your kids to grow up with the idea that throwing away food is a sin? Do you want them to feel badly if they don’t clear their plates? Do you want them to have to fight the urge to finish the family’s leftovers?
    Stella: No!
    Dr. Beck: What do you want them to believe?
    Stella: That they should eat reasonable portions of food and stop, not eat while they’re clearing the table.
    Dr. Beck: And how about you?
    Stella: Okay, I see it now. I shouldn’t do it either. It’s really just an excuse, anyway. I know I should stick to my plan.
    Finally, we did some problem-solving. Stella decided to have her children put their own plates in the dishwasher and take turns wrapping up leftovers. A couple of weeks later, she reported that she had completely broken herself of the habit.
    Lynn49 and Abby5 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

By the way the Biggest Loser starts this Sunday and Jillian is back!!!

Season 14 of NBC's "The Biggest Loser" hopes to not only change the lives of the contestants competing to drop the most weight, but also to help tackle America's childhood obesity epidemic.

"It's time to fight for our country's most valuable asset: our kids," says host Alison Sweeney in the sneak peek clip (below) of the new season, which premieres Sunday, Jan. 6.

And to help do that, the show is featuring three kid participants for the first time in the program's history -- Lindsay Bravo, 13; Sanjana "Sunny" Chandrasekar, 16; and Noah "Biingo" Gray, 13.

However, unlike the 15 adults from this season of "The Biggest Loser," the teens will not be doing the typical on-camera weigh-ins nor will they be eligible for elimination. The focus for the kids will be on getting healthy -- not numbers on a scale.

To help whip the contestants into shape, trainers Bob Harper and Dolvett Quince will be joining new mom Jillian Michaels, who says she was lured back in part because of the season's focus on childhood obesity. Each will oversee a team of five adults and one child participant who will compete with and contribute to their respective teams.

Take a look at a sneak peek of what's to come this season.
    The two-night premiere starts Jan. 6 at 9 p.m. with part two airing Jan. 7 at 8 p.m.
    Lynn49, Abby5 and Frugal Momma like this.

Page 3 of 226 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread Information