User Tag List

Page 51 of 226 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Like Tree10151Likes

Thread: The fun's over! It's time for an Easter (Sunday, March 31) Challenge!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I've BEAN quite busy since yesterday early evening. For the first time I soaked dry beans!!! Was not sure how many I wanted to do, so I thought 1 cup each of the 8 different types would be good. GAH!!! We are up to our eyeballs in beans!!
    So, I made a Vegetarian Chili, and a Vegetarian minestrone, and that took ALL the beans!

I just LOVE beans. So squishy and mealy once they are cooked. Almost swear there was meat in these dishes.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I've BEAN quite busy since yesterday early evening. For the first time I soaked dry beans!!! Was not sure how many I wanted to do, so I thought 1 cup each of the 8 different types would be good. GAH!!! We are up to our eyeballs in beans!!
    So, I made a Vegetarian Chili, and a Vegetarian minestrone, and that took ALL the beans!

I just LOVE beans. So squishy and mealy once they are cooked. Almost swear there was meat in these dishes.
    LOL!! I envision an "I Love Lucy" episode in there somewhere!!! I hope you have a large freezer!!
    I haven't made baked beans in too long; I'll have to check the calories in the stuff...you behave, now!!!
    Patty Smyth and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Calories?? Hmm, I don't do calories, but they are probably up there I'd think. You know what I read? I could have frozen them AFTER I soaked and cooked them. Next time! That is ok though, I like the soup and chili and it should carry us through till maybe Wednesday with the other stuff I made Friday.
    Patty Smyth and Lynn49 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

When I first started soaking beans I made way too many also lol, it's amazing how little it takes to make several meals.

Just goes to show you we have portion control judgement problems, at least I do. DH always asks me when the army is coming when I cook .
    Lynn49, walkonby and thriftygranny like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo6QNU8kHxI

So for the rest of the challenge and also if we continue through the summer I am resetting my goal to 2 lbs a week. The recent realization that although my BP was getting much much better with the diet change and 42 lb weight loss it is not enough. The stress of the last few weeks and the rise again of my pressure are an indication of how much more work I have to do. I am thinking now I want to reach my goal in the fall rather than the new year. So it will be full speed ahead and no straying from my strict vegan diet until I reach my goal to maintain. Of course I will allow for some slack at birthdays and mothers day but I need to reach a healthy stage asap.

I owe this to myself and to my family, my kids will not need to be doing what I do at this stage in their lives. I will not allow it to happen to them, I mean taking care of my folks. They need to be able to live their lives to the fullest and not be on death watch for 10 years. This commercial says it all for me.
    Lynn49, walkonby and thriftygranny like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Supper tonight will be by request, my ds asked for the sweet potato/white potato scalloped potato dish with the almond milk sauce
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Great news from our doc today! He noticed my weight loss right away and weighed me and said he was "very proud" or me...lol...but the best part?
    Although my BP has always been around the 160/120 - ish mark, today it was 120/70!!!! Perfection!! I'm so happy...

Patty...I hear you about getting old and being on death-watch. I'll be 64 this fall, and I want to be a much healthier 64 than I ever was at 54 when I was carrying around that extra weight and high BP.
    Good for you for finding the motivation we all need to go the extra mile to get healthy. It's not all about the weight-loss and looking better, although that's a bonus...it's about not needing medications as we get older...and oh goodness...to see people in those nursing homes that Jenny and I have visited...there are women there younger than I am!!
    It scares me to death knowing that one day that'll be me. But that's going to be much later now that I'm taking better care of myself, and when it's time for me to go there, hopefully I'll be so far gone I won't even know I'm there. "Shady Pines", as our DD teases us with, from the Golden Girls...LOL...
    Ah...a pretty good day!!
    Good luck, Patty, and to all of us!!!
    Now, back to the NFL Combine (I even PVR'd it when we left...hehehe...)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

OMG...I just watched that video, Patty!!!
    That's exactly what I'm hoping for....the next 10 years to be healthier than my last 10!!!
    I'm passing that along!!
    Patty Smyth and walkonby like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

MY friend made a few new nutritinal videos.

http://markitonutrition.com/whole_grain_video.html

http://markitonutrition.com/environment_video.html

Ok this he has not convinced me to do yet because we cannot guarrantee I will not be allergic but I knowmany people that do take it and love the results.

http://markitonutrition.com/wheatgrass_video.html
    walkonby likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Great news from our doc today! He noticed my weight loss right away and weighed me and said he was "very proud" or me...lol...but the best part?
    Although my BP has always been around the 160/120 - ish mark, today it was 120/70!!!! Perfection!! I'm so happy...
    Congratulations Lynn
    Lynn49 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was suppose to receive call today about job and haven't. Can't say I'm surprised. Story of my life.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Chin up curt!! ^^ I hope they still may call, or something else comes along for you.

I am concentrating on the end results more seriously now! Eek! Easter is getting closer, the fun really IS over. I go back to work soon, so I am putting all my eggs in THAT basket. The physical nature of the job and the fact that there are no sitting duties involved, should help me plenty.

Lynn about your BP numbers....Hooray!! Patty, I forwarded one of those links to my DS as he is doing a thing at school about environmental pollution and health. Gosh that was pathetic in the whole grain link about watering a bowl of Cheerios...reality eh?
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Life remains a Madhouse but I was finally down 2 pounds last week. Amazing to see how everyone is doing.
    Patty Smyth, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

It is a privilege to work towards better health with you all.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kw01ai View Post
    It is a privilege to work towards better health with you all.

Page 51 of 226 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast

Thread Information