User Tag List

Page 28 of 226 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 ... LastLast
Like Tree10151Likes

Thread: The fun's over! It's time for an Easter (Sunday, March 31) Challenge!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have Wii Fit Plus and I have another Yoga game for the Wii, which are both part of my exercise plan. I also have a couple Yoga Apps on my Ipod touch, but too advanced for me at this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Hey Curt, have you considered doing Yogi? It is a great place to start and totally unappreciated by men, but it is incredible the kinds of results you get from it. Increases energy, flexibility and strengthens all those muscles we only exersize when doing stuff like shovelling snow.

I found Yoga for my Wii and shall begin forthwith!

p.s. I also can't help but notice female yoga doers have sexy posure and way they walk... hope that transfers to men as well

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think everyone should do yoga!! Great for muscle coordination, balance, posture.

Abby, we have "spoken" before--maybe in the gluten free thread--anyways let me just say that I am very, very sorry that you are going through heartbreak in your personal life, my heart goes out to you--just stay strong.

Secondly, and this is the mom in me talking, STOP eating things you are allergic to!!! You are setting yourself up for failure and sickness!!! You may remember that I have many allergies also and I cannot, nor would ever consider, eating things that make me sick....you are important and your kids need to, please take care of yourself!!! The antibodies that are produced when you eat those items just make other allergies seem worse --too many antibodies. Your body needs rest....
    Have you ever thought of going Paleo for a month or so....no grains, no dairy....might just give your body the rest it needs

Anyways do take care...I was not going to respond but something made me come back....
    Hugs Itchy (and btw, I am rarely itchy any more...)
    hollyquaiscer, ssbean and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Terrific!

At 36 I just realized how important posture is to my health and energy. That and why some women just look so irresistible.

Thanks Yoga!!

Yoga Apps for ipod? I will have to seek this out myself. thank you sir!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If anyone has an Ipod Touch or Iphone, I have a bunch of fitness apps on mine and thought I would share those below. Some are free. I haven't used too many of these. Only glaced through them, but they all look good. Unfortunately, since I can't do a pushup properly, no pushup apps for me, for the time being.

Squats Coach - Do 200 Squats - $1.99 (Slowly builds you up to do 200 squats over a length of time)
    Sit Ups 0 to 200: Abs Workout Exercise Trainer (Same as Squats)
    J.R. Workout (Jump rope workout)
    Monumental (Stair Climbing workout)
    Nike Training (Targeted to Women, exercise programs - all body workouts)
    Pedometer (Great walking pedometer, tracks your steps, calories, etc.)
    C25K (Eases you into running a 5 K)
    10K (Same, but a 10 K)
    Zombies, Run (You run, being chased by Zombies)
    Pushups 0 to 100
    Push Ups Pro (Various Push Up workouts)
    Ab Workout Pro (Various Ab workouts)
    6 Pack Abs (Same as previous)
    Pocket Yoga
    Simply Yoga Free (Yoga Exercises)
    Yoga Studio (Yoga Exercises)
    Star Trainer (Full Body Workouts)
    Body Motion (Workouts involving situps, squats)
    Power 20 (Various workouts, strength)
    150 Dips (Slowly ease into doing certain number of Dips)
    Workout Trainer by Skimble (Various Full Body Workouts)
    Last edited by curt81; Mon, Jan 28th, 2013 at 01:43 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Terrific!

At 36 I just realized how important posture is to my health and energy. That and why some women just look so irresistible.

Thanks Yoga!!

Yoga Apps for ipod? I will have to seek this out myself. thank you sir!!
    Pocket Yoga ($2.99)
    Simply Yoga Free
    Yoga Studio ($2.99)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by curt81 View Post
    If anyone has an Ipod Touch or Iphone, I have a bunch of fitness apps on mine and thought I would share those below. Some are free. I haven't used too many of these. Only glaced through them, but they all look good. Unfortunately, since I can't do a pushup properly, no pushup apps for me, for the time being.

Squats Coach - Do 200 Squats - $1.99 (Slowly builds you up to do 200 squats over a length of time)
    Sit Ups 0 to 200: Abs Workout Exercise Trainer (Same as Squats)
    J.R. Workout (Jump rope workout)
    Monumental (Stair Climbing workout)
    Nike Training (Targeted to Women, exercise programs - all body workouts)
    Pedometer (Great walking pedometer, tracks your steps, calories, etc.)
    C25K (Eases you into running a 5 K)
    10K (Same, but a 10 K)
    Zombies, Run (You run, being chased by Zombies)
    Pushups 0 to 100
    Push Ups Pro (Various Push Up workouts)
    Ab Workout Pro (Various Ab workouts)
    6 Pack Abs (Same as previous)
    Pocket Yoga
    Simply Yoga Free (Yoga Exercises)
    Yoga Studio (Yoga Exercises)
    Star Trainer (Full Body Workouts)
    Body Motion (Workouts involving situps, squats)
    Power 20 (Various workouts, strength)
    150 Dips (Slowly ease into doing certain number of Dips)
    Workout Trainer by Skimble (Various Full Body Workouts)
    Thank you for taking the time to post those, Curt!!
    hollyquaiscer, Abby5 and ssbean like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow, you all are inspirational!

As of Friday, I gained 2lbs. Didn't change my eating but started a new job and changes at home have put on the stress-fat.

So I'm trying to chill and move away from my new desk whenever possible and cut some extra calories. Shoveling all that heavy snow today was my workout...phew.

Gonna do it, gonna do it, gonna DO IT!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Haven't been on the thread in awhile. I so cannot get into the dieting thing right now. I am trying hard to eat right but some how it just isn't going well. Damn the fact I am emotional eater and my mom is in a cooking and baking mood (for weeks now) which is good but so bad when you come home from work starved still have to shovel the walk way and there are mini pineapple upside down cake (wow I forgot how yummy these are sitting on the counter or mom decides potatoes are boring so makes them with tons of cheese and heavy cream (so good yet so bad for you).

Abbey Hope things are getting better
    Patty I know how hard sick family can be, my great grandfather had Alzheimer and now we think my oma does (we are having problems getting her diagnosed because she had so many health issues for years) As hard as the choices are you have to look at what is best for everyone involved. It got to the point with my grandfather we could not have him at home and that was really hard but even with being watched all the time things still happened and it became a matter of safety. Oma is at home but she is pretty much immobile, is now in a wheelchair and cannot get in and out of bed without help. This is extremely hard we have full time help but it still takes it toll. I will never forget my opa saying Sundays are his favourite day because it is one day it is just the two of them in the house, now I think they have help even on Sundays because that is what Oma needs.
    i_forgot hope you feel better soon

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

2hrs of spin classes! And I found a trainer to train me in the pool. For free cause I love her. More motivation -relay race and a tri a tri this summer
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by curt81 View Post
    I cannot do a pushup properly. I keep sagging, looking like a banana. Can't keep myself straight going down.
    A ton of people can't do them properly. You can start in the comfort of your own home to practice, start with the ones where you are on your knees, I think they are called women's push-ups, concentrate on form, that's way more important than the amount of times you can to them. Slowly work your way up to straight leg ones. I find that doing planks really help to get proper body form. One footed ones or two footed ones. Planks also help with strengthening your arms. I have faith in you, I just know you will be able to do them properly before you know it!
    Lynn49, ssbean, i_forget and 2 others like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

SassyAshley, it's never good to let your body get to a state where your so ravenous that you can't wait to shovel anything into the pie hole! Perhaps you should try what a lot of us do, and that's to eat at least 5 smaller meals a day. Believe it or not, it works. You can even do this when someone else in the home is doing the cooking (or baking). Just prepare a bunch of smaller snack and meals, on the weekend. When you leave for work, make sure you EAT breakfast first, then along with your lunch, bring a mid morning meal and a mid afternoon meal. The meals can be anything from a healthy sandwich on whole grain bread, a boiled egg and some cheese and veggies, or the one that I love and ALWAYS keep a person full is a protein smoothie or shake. You can make them up a day or 2 in advance, then just bring one to work with you. If you do this, when you get home and your mom has prepared dinner, you won't be starving and tempted to overeat. You can be a bit more choosy as to which of her wonderful dishes you want to eat, and more importantly what the serving size will be.
    Lynn49, ssbean, i_forget and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Well my dad being away has done one thing, I have finally figured out what's up with my mom at night. She has Sundowners syndrome, now to try and take measures so we can all get some sleep. Another sleepless night last night

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Excuses, excuses, excuses...why are we so good at them. We use them to justify everything and anything. I was reading an article on the weekend about how we can justify almost anything with an excuse. I am trying really hard to take full ownership for my actions, whether it be why I didn't go for a walk today, or why I shoved that piece of cake in my pie hole! We CAN do anything we choose. The article was very interesting, I was reading it at the gym in some magazine, and it said once we stop making excuses and start being responsible for ourselves, our diet, our body shape and tone will also respond better for us. It made a lot of sense, so today, my mission here is to tell everyone...NO MORE EXCUSES! Lets be responsible for what's going on in our lives and how we treat our bodies!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Frugal Momma and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

anisa and ssbean like this.

Page 28 of 226 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 ... LastLast

Thread Information