User Tag List

Page 26 of 226 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 ... LastLast
Like Tree10151Likes

Thread: The fun's over! It's time for an Easter (Sunday, March 31) Challenge!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Well did not diet this week and still down 4 ounces ,cannot go for walks due to the artic air ,today is go to town day and I need to not buy the junk and concintrate on good stuff. Have a great day everyone.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Down .7, not great but I am not disappointed , was a really busy week and I ate a bit more convenience food than I normally would specifically white bread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good stuff, everyone!!! Whether or not we gained a little, stayed the same or lost, we're all making an effort to get healthy not only for ourselves, but for our families...personally I want to be around to see our grandson graduate high-school (omg!)...and that's just 13 more years!! Surely I can make it to 75!

Well, I lost the 2lbs this week of the 3.4 or so that I gained over last weekend! I consider that a victory!! I wasn't totally on point this week, either, but I did my best and got the results I want. A loss, no matter how small.

So keep it up, people! Remember: you want to look back on these months knowing you tried and succeeded, not as 2 more months that you let go by without making a positive change in your lives! I speak from experience of having lost too many years feeling badly about my body. It's just not a good place to be!

Curt...regarding the dizziness, yes, I've been like that for a few days now, and I know it's because my bloodsugar has taken a dip, so maybe that's what's happening to you, too. I have to make a concerted effort to drink a good amount of water during the day, and to take in some form of grain (a slice or two of whole wheat WW bread, or my favourite: a big bowl of oatmeal!)
    I only say WW bread because two slices = 1 slice of regular bread, and I can't make a sandwich with 1 slice..Hubby is walking to play pool with his golf buddies now so that I can have the van, but I'm not sure, feeling light-headed, if I should go out or not...

Keep up the great work, everyone!!!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Jan 25th, 2013 at 11:57 AM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

a nice walk every day can do wonders. it is a full body workout, that is easy and natural.

it doesn't leave you starving and craving calories.

i read a nice blurb by a guy online about walking, and i can't find it now. if i do, i'll link it!
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

here!
    http://www.sharecare.com/question/ho...#cmpid=dhwg001

Dr. Pierre Dukan answered:
    I have deliberately chosen walking to be my ally in the fight against weight problems as it is part and parcel of our humanity, inscribed in our nature and our genes. Walking is one of the best ways of fighting against the artificiality of our way of life. By walking we do ourselves good, and as we gradually find pleasure in it, we end up needing to walk.

Once we learn how to walk, we walk as naturally as we breathe. Indeed, walking is so simple and automatic that it allows you to do almost anything else at the same time. When you are out walking, you can observe and enjoy your surroundings, think, plan your day, talk to your fellow walker, even make a phone call. Life does not come to a halt when you are out walking.

You can walk for hours without getting tired. The physical effort is spread widely over areas of bones and muscles. For a serious hike, you need proper walking shoes, but normal shoes, even shoes with a moderate heel, are fine for everyday walking to lose weight. Walking does not make you sweat to excess, and you can walk whenever there is an opportunity, wearing whatever you want. There is no need for any sports gear, showering, or change of clothes.

It is hard to imagine the muscular complexity of such a simple and spontaneous activity. What is more, the muscles most involved in walking are the body’s biggest load bearers -- that is, they burn up the most calories.

This may come as a surprise, but walking burns up as many calories as playing tennis and many other sports. Calorie burning is optimized because it is a constant and uninterrupted activity, whereas in a tennis match half your time is spent with breaks in play and waiting for the ball to return. And unlike tennis or other equipment-dependent sports, walking can be undertaken at a moment’s notice to fill in some spare time, anywhere, and at any hour of the day or night.

As the only activity that can be accepted as part of your core of new habits, and for all the reasons previously mentioned -- it is easy, natural, healthy, and free from danger of injury or cardiovascular risk -- walking is the activity that people will most easily agree to undertake regularly.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Thanks for posting the link anisa, many of us probably believe to start a regimen or workout strategy we need a dvd, or equipment or special clothing. Well that says plenty! Nothing but our regular attire and go for as long as you can handle.
    Simple solution and it works best. I just wish I had better knees, I do find that after trekking around a mall just when we have to shop or search for something at a few malls they ache badly.

babies teach us acceptance

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    Not sure how many of you go to the gym, or work out at home, but has anyone ever looked through the magazine Oxygen, for women? It's a great magazine with fabulous healthy clean recipes and exercises that you can do either at the gym or at home without needing tons of fancy equipment. I've been reading it for years, and the past 2 months have had some fabulous recipes and workouts for your abs....yes, you know, that spare tire we all carry just in case we get a flat Anyways, a lot of people HATE going to the gym, or get bored of it. I used to be like that, but I changed things up recently and now use a lot of free weights and the band and the ball there. I find myself looking forward to the days when we go. And that's saying a lot cause I usually don't have a lot of energy, but I've found since I changed up my routine, I have more energy and I love the gym again. I'm more than happy to answer any questions anyone may have about different exercises you can do at home....that really work to target certain areas. AND...if I can do it, anyone can as I don't have a ton of strength! Check out my idol Tosca Reno, that lady is 53 and oh my, she has the body that most 21 year old women would kill for. She is doing a session on workouts for people over 50, no hurting, just results.
    I am an Oxygen reader and have worked out consistently for over ten years.....it's an addiction, good for the bones, heart, blood...everything. Tosca is an inspiration--overweight in her 40's, developed the Eat Clean Diet, and worked with weights....but a bit of caution. Those pics of her in the newest Oxygen...she was training for a contest and her diet was VERY strict, along with a killer exercise routine...I believe the contest(which she placed first) was a couple of weeks away when the photo shoot was done. This extremely low body fat is very hard to maintain, the brain fights it a lot. If you read her most recent post in her blog she is the first to admit that just a little time off has made her feel out of shape (toscareno.com)(eatcleandiet.com)
    I am older than Tosca and I work very hard and eat very well to maintain a slim figure. I would not change that for anything, for as i get older I want to be the strongest, healthiest person that I can be.
    Eating well is a lifelong plan and should never be considered a diet...it's just the way we need to eat.
    I wish you all well on your journeys.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I hear you....I really call this my "way of eating" at home, but shortened here it becomes WOE.
    And that's not very encouraging at all....
    hollyquaiscer and ssbean like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itchy54 View Post
    I am an Oxygen reader and have worked out consistently for over ten years.....it's an addiction, good for the bones, heart, blood...everything. Tosca is an inspiration--overweight in her 40's, developed the Eat Clean Diet, and worked with weights....but a bit of caution. Those pics of her in the newest Oxygen...she was training for a contest and her diet was VERY strict, along with a killer exercise routine...I believe the contest(which she placed first) was a couple of weeks away when the photo shoot was done. This extremely low body fat is very hard to maintain, the brain fights it a lot. If you read her most recent post in her blog she is the first to admit that just a little time off has made her feel out of shape (toscareno.com)(eatcleandiet.com)
    I am older than Tosca and I work very hard and eat very well to maintain a slim figure. I would not change that for anything, for as i get older I want to be the strongest, healthiest person that I can be.
    Eating well is a lifelong plan and should never be considered a diet...it's just the way we need to eat.
    I wish you all well on your journeys.
    No words of caution needed. We all know that photos in any magazine are retouched, and in oxygen, when the ladies are getting ready for contests, not only are they on strict diets, but they also us diuretics for a few days before the contest to drop the water weight. If you have been following her, as I, you will know she is an amazing lady that is an inspiration to many of us. Even when she is not reading herself for a contest, she looks amazing. I too, am older than her, but it just proves that anyone, I mean anyone, that wants to lose weight, no matter what your age, you can do it.
    Lynn49 and ssbean like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

WOB, couldn't you just slap that scale in the face somedays!!!
    Lynn49, walkonby and ssbean like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well, I am officially withdrawing from the competition.

i went to the doctors the other day and have to get some things sorted, so there is no point in trying when I have my body fighting against me at the moment.

keep up the great work everyone.....I am so proud of your success so far.
    ssbean likes this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post

i went to the doctors the other day and have to get some things sorted, so there is no point in trying when I have my body fighting against me at the moment.

Hope everything goes well for you. I am sure we will still be here when you are ready to rejoin the gang.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Hope everything goes well for you. I am sure we will still be here when you are ready to rejoin the gang.
    thank you, that means a lot.
    ssbean likes this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post

I hope everything will be okay with you. Good luck!
    hollyquaiscer, ssbean and i_forget like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm erasing the past few weeks and starting over with this challenge, beginning tomorrow. I will weigh in on Friday. I can't continue on like this. Fed up with how I feel and my daughter deserves a better role model. I just find it hard to commit to this when I know I don't have a bright future. I just can't be positive about it. I don't see happiness with whatever I do, no full-time job/career, will never have someone/friends, will always be alone, but I have to stop thinking about myself and do it for my daughter. She deserves the best, so I'm hoping that all the changes I make, it will finally put me towards a better life, not just weight wise, but mentally as well. I need it, or I won't be around much longer. Unfortunate, but true.
    Last edited by curt81; Sun, Jan 27th, 2013 at 03:49 PM.

Page 26 of 226 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 ... LastLast

Thread Information