User Tag List

Page 24 of 226 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 ... LastLast
Like Tree10151Likes

Thread: The fun's over! It's time for an Easter (Sunday, March 31) Challenge!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I had Lays chips 1 and 1/2 small cereal bowls !!!! DH buys them ...I am thinking of putting them in his room
    anisa, Patty Smyth, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.
    New mom October 2014!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Abby I tell my dad to take his junk and put it in his room also. It helps

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    I had Lays chips 1 and 1/2 small cereal bowls !!!! DH buys them ...I am thinking of putting them in his room
    Yep...like under his pillow! Hah!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Hi my name is walkonby and it has been 1 hour and 20 minutes since my last binge! This week I may not see a drop, but hoping to hold steady!! We have gone a bit crazy with the GF baked goods! ( Mmmm cornbread, pancakes, biscuits) still carbs even though GF, must practice portion control.
    anisa, Patty Smyth, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Went to 1 hr spin then to Swiss chalet ...I am hoping I break even
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    Went to 1 hr spin then to Swiss chalet ...I am hoping I break even
    .....I think that halo you had on at spin class slipped a bit, Abby......LOL!!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Hi my name is walkonby and it has been 1 hour and 20 minutes since my last binge! This week I may not see a drop, but hoping to hold steady!! We have gone a bit crazy with the GF baked goods! ( Mmmm cornbread, pancakes, biscuits) still carbs even though GF, must practice portion control.

That's quite enough, young lady!! WHAT must we DO with you??!!!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I ate a salad with white quarter chicken dinner (no skin-yuck!) but I did eat fries..but no bun. And I had only water to drink
    I really need to see I loss this week...need a little positive in my life right now
    New mom October 2014!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^ that actually doesn't sound too bad Abby, no skin, no bun, water as beverage, I'll bet you might even drop weight after spinning! Good luck!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    ^^ that actually doesn't sound too bad Abby, no skin, no bun, water as beverage, I'll bet you might even drop weight after spinning! Good luck!
    I hope so...my clothes still feel the same.
    starting P90x every am next week (5 days) and doing spin 3 evenings a week.
    I want to get some of this weight off so I can do a learn to run program in April...then a tri a tri in June!! And the Mud Run !
    New mom October 2014!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Well I know I am down this week but it's because I can't eat from the stress. Although I make sure when I do it its high value foods, hopefully this will all straighten it self out when my dad gets home, but I fear big decisions have to be made with regard to my mom. We cant go on like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Well I know I am down this week but it's because I can't eat from the stress. Although I make sure when I do it its high value foods, hopefully this will all straighten it self out when my dad gets home, but I fear big decisions have to be made with regard to my mom. We cant go on like this.
    Oh, dear. Patty..when we finally had to place my Mom (she'd lived with us for 12 good years), I was beside myself with grief and guilt. I'm sure you know the feeling of not sleeping because you have one eye and one ear open to hear her ... to get up and help her in the washroom...fearing she may turn on the stove (we had an alarm system so we knew she couldn't leave the house, and we took the knobs off the stove each night)...fearing she'd fall....no sleep, doing everything for them all day...The morning she was to go to the nursing home I was distraught! I called my girlfriend at 8am, and she rushed over and as my mom slept her last sleep in her own bed, we sat outside on the front steps while I bawled my eyes out! Two other neighbours came over, seeing us outside, and tried to console me. We had to get there at a certain time, but I didn't want to wake her up...she was safe in her lovely soft bed, in a warm room...omg, it was so hard, Patty!
    But I managed, with their help, to pull myself together and wake her up, etc, and I had her at the nursing home just about on the dot. It was obvious to the nursing staff what I was going through and they were so wonderful.....Anyway...she settled in beautifully, didn't notice any change in her environment that bothered her, (except to change a room-mate), and I could finally rest. Although for about 2 weeks all I did was rotate in the kitchen, having nothing to do anymore, missing her...
    Those last couple of months I couldn't go out of the house since she needed my care, and although my dear husband told me to skidaddle, that he'd take over her care, I knew that she knew enough to know he was helping her in the washroom and not me, and would feel embarassed......we had one day a week, for 4 hours together when her care-worker could stay for respite, rather than everyday to shower her and be with her for an hour.

I know...long story, but I just wanted you to know that I understand....that as much as it kills you to do so, changes have to be made not only for her care, but for yours, too. And yet you have your father to care for....can they be placed together somewhere? If you ever want to chat, just pm me...I'm here for you..Hugs...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

hollyquaiscer, ssbean and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Page 24 of 226 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 ... LastLast

Thread Information