User Tag List

Page 23 of 226 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree10151Likes

Thread: The fun's over! It's time for an Easter (Sunday, March 31) Challenge!

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Thanks everyone for the likes and messages! Yes I admit I made a few bad food choices since finding out.... but Im going to smarten up, and get back on track! yes once Im done with WW, Im going to have to weigh myself at home!
    hollyquaiscer and ssbean like this.
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My name is Lynn and I fell off the wagon this weekend.
    Didn't hurt too much.....might by Friday....

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

That is ok Lynn even the best of us fall. Makes us all feel human still. Lol. Just pick up where you left off and you will do great!
    I am on day 2 of 6 weeks of not eating the dreaded 7 sin foods
    I have a rash all over my body and my asthma is totally out of control..so I have no real desire to cheat (yet!!) Not to mention my eyes are not swollen- because I am on week 3 of no eggs
    I also realized the other day, at the dentist, that everyone does not have these huge hive like things in their mouths?? Go figure
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Thanks everyone for the likes and messages! Yes I admit I made a few bad food choices since finding out.... but Im going to smarten up, and get back on track! yes once Im done with WW, Im going to have to weigh myself at home!
    Congrats!!!
    (i gained 80lbs and only had a 8 lb baby!)
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Keep up the great work everyone. I am on day 2 of getting back ON the wagon. Lynn, I ate so poorly last week, I feel your pain. I am trying to remind myself of how good it feels after making the good choices.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Morning everyone, I much say, I've been reading through the posts and I'm so impressed that when someone has a slip, that it is recognized as so and the next day, or after the weekend, you guys are back in the swing of your diet. I'm so very impressed. You are all do such a great job, the inches will be laying on the ground real soon, I can just feel it
    Patty Smyth, Lynn49 and ssbean like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kw01ai View Post
    Keep up the great work everyone. I am on day 2 of getting back ON the wagon. Lynn, I ate so poorly last week, I feel your pain. I am trying to remind myself of how good it feels after making the good choices.
    Oh how TRUE is that?!! It feels good to eat that crap at the time, but good grief, it sure doesn't make us feel better, does it?!
    I feel all bloated and chunky when I'm off my way of eating properly. See? I didn't use the word, "diet". I have to think of this as the way I eat for the rest of my life. Coming to terms with it hasn't come easy and I still don't think I'm perfect, but who is, really?!! I fall down, pull myself up, tell myself, 'yes, that was fun', now get back to work! LOL!!

Holly, you're always inspiring...love the cartoon. I'll have to send it to our DD...she wants an eliptical machine...same thing, really, lol!! Size 6. Hmph!!! Maybe I really should join Herbal Magic........But..no. This SHRED is just fine, IF I stick to it.
    Speaking of which..time for a snack before lunch!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Hmmmm I thought I posted this yesterday but I guess it didn't work.

I am having a rough week, my dad went in for emergency surgery saturday and of course you may know my mom who has alzheimers is with us too so everything just got quite complicated. My stomach is turning and I am not feeling very well, I think it's the stress.

Hoping that things somehow straighten out but for now forgive me if I don't post much. I will try to remember to weigh in.
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post

I am having a rough week, my dad went in for emergency surgery saturday and of course you may know my mom who has alzheimers is with us too so everything just got quite complicated. My stomach is turning and I am not feeling very well, I think it's the stress.

Hoping that things somehow straighten out but for now forgive me if I don't post much. I will try to remember to weigh in.
    Oh Patty
    Hoping your dad has a speedy recovery..remember to take are of yourself.
    hollyquaiscer and Granger like this.
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post

You sure have your hands full, Patty. Just living with someone with alzeimers is difficult enough without the added stress of your dad's surgery. I hope he pulls through nicely and has a quick recovery. Stress really plays such a role in dieting...I don't know why, I guess trainers, do, and they always mention it on Biggest Loser...Take care of yourself, Hon...we'll hopefully hear from you on Friday.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have gained 4 Ibs in the past few days. I'm completely failing at this, but what do I expect when the effort is just not there. I have yet to start exercising. The frustration of not having a job and feeling hopeless and worried that it won't ever happen, continues to mount. It's only been seven years since I had a full time job, lol. Tomorrow is a new day I guess.
    Last edited by curt81; Tue, Jan 22nd, 2013 at 08:48 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It is a new day, Curt.....we were just talking about how stress plays such a role in our diets...unfair, that's for sure.
    I'll bet, that if you took on ONE WEEK of the WW diet, you'd be down about 10lbs! Seriously! Talk about encouraging. I think that's what I get...is encouraged when I see my weight dropping, so heaven forbid I grab another Maria cookie with my tea!
    I know how hard it is to stay positive...believe me, there were years when it was all I could do! Each time you talk down to yourself, do a quick switch. Whenever I do something silly, I sometimes just say "geez you're such a dummy, Lynn", then I quickly say, "no...you're smart! What you just did was kinda dumb!" LOL! Then let it go.
    Thoughts are real THINGS...and what you say to yourself your psyche, your body believes.

There was an athlete, oh, years ago, a gal, who had a very bad injury to one of her legs as well as much of her body; she had been hospitalized for weeks, if not months, she was so badly injured. Anyway, her coaches were all convinced that when she was finally released, she'd be in for months of rehab. But to their surprise, as well as the doctors and staff, although she was still weak, she had less atrophy of her muscles than they had ever seen in a patient with her injuries. She somehow had maintained her muscle memory and strength.
    When asked what the heck she had done, she told them that just as she had done in training, every day, she went through her training in her head, imagining it all, feeling like she was physically doing it all, and actually found her heart beating faster as she was doing it! She trained hard. IN her mind. And because her body did what her mind told it, it was doing, it stayed more fit than anyone had ever seen before! If that doesn't convince people, nothing will!
    I tried this years ago...just imagining myself doing strenuous sit-ups before I got out of bed in the morning and before I fell asleep at night....I swear my tummy tightened up! Now WHY did I stop that?!! LOL!!

Keep up the war, Curt, and don't mind the skirmishes...we're all in the same boat! I gained 3lbs because of falling off the wagon this weekend...But.....I'm on track again because I know that skinny(er) feels better than eating a cookie!

Oh, I should add, that those doctors have since used her "training' with other people with injuries...like bio-feedback. We get out what we put in. Garbage in, garbage out...etc...LOL!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Jan 22nd, 2013 at 10:58 PM.
    hollyquaiscer, walkonby and ssbean like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

anisa, aussie, Patty Smyth and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Patty, I hope everything went well with your dad and hope he is out of the hospital real soon. I'm sensing someone needs a mini vacation. Even if it's just for a weekend. We spread ourselves so very thin, and looking after your mom is so very stressful. I'm hoping someone can step in for a few days and give you a much needed break real soon. Curt, it's hard to keep upbeat after so long in going without a full time job. It's very easy to get into a slump and not come out. You need to remember that if you take baby steps. Those extra pounds don't pack on overnight, and getting them off can take 2 or 3 times as long as it did to put them on, especially as we age. Your health is the most important gift you will ever give yourself and you deserve it. So, even if you have gained 4 pounds lately, TODAY is the first day you can loose a quarter pound, or more!!! Do it for you!!!
    Lynn49, walkonby and ssbean like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@Patty Hugs
    @curt one day, even one moment at a time you can do it.
    @Holly thanks for the continued support

Last week was bad for me because we had junk in the house. Keep it out of my cupboards. Get rid of what enables you. Last night I had the munchies and was stuck with hummus and crackers. They did the trick and working through the craving was way more satisfying than the yucky feeling I would have had had I ate junk.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Page 23 of 226 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information