User Tag List

Page 97 of 226 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 3377
Like Tree10151Likes

Thread: The fun's over! It's time for an Easter (Sunday, March 31) Challenge!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

My pantry has become a "bag" one. Beans, lentils, pastas, I still have a few "sauces" in a bottle and lots of baking stuff which is probably no good anymore . Lots of pasta. and my dad's "junk" shelf. Slowly slowly getting it all converted. My food stockpile from couponing is practically non -existent. The only meat I have in the freezer is from when I had a BBQ a few weeks ago I got it for them. I give it to my folks once a week.

Lol i should post a pic. of my pantry and we can pick it apart lol
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Great idea!! I will join in on the pantry pics!! I need to remember how to post one
    New mom October 2014!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Apologies for not posting in a while. I haven't been doing anything about my weight, as for the reason. I'm starting back up tomorrow.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

So far having a good week

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  71.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Ok I think I got it!! In April I condensed all pantry--food items into one cupboard !!! I use to have 2 just like this and 2 huge cupboard on top full of food!! Looking back I can't believe it!!
    Patty Smyth and vesper like this.
    New mom October 2014!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Awesome, I will post mine tonight. Have to work outside today.
    Abby5 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I started to wonder too if I was a bit wheat intolerant. I have up wheat two weeks ago and noticed a difference. I'm not bloated, stomach is smaller, more energy etc. Since going cold turkey I haven't experienced cravings for gluten/wheat (breads, pasta, anything flour based).

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Change of strategy for this week. During the day smoothies only about 30 oz each (strawberry, lettuce , cucumber, flax seed).

Going off wheat for the week to see if that helps. I am starting to think I am a little wheat intolerant. Fell bloated etc. Hoping this kick starts a new weigh loss pattern.

So sad. This must stop. Processed food will be the death of us.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toban View Post
    I started to wonder too if I was a bit wheat intolerant. I have up wheat two weeks ago and noticed a difference. I'm not bloated, stomach is smaller, more energy etc. Since going cold turkey I haven't experienced cravings for gluten/wheat (breads, pasta, anything flour based).

Yeah I feel really less bloated and more energy. Just wondering if it's intolerance or just shouldn't be eating so much ? I am going to stay off it for a few weeks and see what happens. Reintroduce a few things here and there. It will be an experiment to see how much i an tolerate. Of course it's a lot of calories compared to substituting it with veggies so that also helps with the weight loss. I am still having rice though.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I cut out gluten completely. I haven't ate anything gluten/flour related for a few weeks now. I also cut out sugar (candy, cake, cookies, chocolate etc). Cutting out sugar for myself has been difficult because I have such a sweet tooth. Once in awhile I may have a small piece of chocolate but not every week, maybe once a month lol.

You could try to eat less gluten to see what happens. I've never been tested for gluten intolerance, allergies etc. I just feel better not eating gluten due to no bloating, more energy etc. I also have low thyroid ( I take medication for it) and I think cutting out gluten and sugar has helped too for my energy levels.

One thing I have noticed since cutting out gluten is I'm less hungry. I make sure I eat but I'm not nearly as ravenous. I eat more fruit and veggies, non salted nuts, lean cuts of meat such as chicken, fish and and some red meat. For a snack I may have a handful of almonds. I've cut out potatoes too. I've limited my dairy intake such as cutting back on cheese etc. For breakfast I will eat Liberte Greek Yogurt 0% plain. To me it tastes like sour cream which I absolutely hate. If you add a drop or two of liquid honey, chop up strawberries and mix it, tastes great. I find it fills me up. I was worried about not having enough fiber since cutting out 100 percent whole wheat bread and maybe having problems in the bathroom department. Foods such as apples (with the skin on) and romaine lettuce have fiber so I haven't had any problems in that particular department lol.

I've increased my exercise. I do cardio for 50-60 min 5-6 days a week. There are days when I fit it only 30 min but I try to keep it up. Also some light weight lifting. I haven't weighed myself but I feel that my pants are looser around the waist and my stomach is smaller although not flat yet lol.

I hope this helped

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Yeah I feel really less bloated and more energy. Just wondering if it's intolerance or just shouldn't be eating so much ? I am going to stay off it for a few weeks and see what happens. Reintroduce a few things here and there. It will be an experiment to see how much i an tolerate. Of course it's a lot of calories compared to substituting it with veggies so that also helps with the weight loss. I am still having rice though.
    Patty Smyth, Abby5 and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

An interesting read.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/...addiction.html

I am back on here.
    Darn stress and vacation.
    Patty Smyth, Abby5, toban and 1 others like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    An interesting read.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/...addiction.html

I am back on here.
    Darn stress and vacation.
    I love stuff like this!! I have just found the bbc show Food Hospital ...I can't stop watching it!!
    Patty Smyth and i_forget like this.
    New mom October 2014!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

First weigh in I am actually looking forward to
    Abby5 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Well I am up one, considering how badly I fell of the wagon this week I am not surprised. Back on track this week.
    Abby5 likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good early evening ladies ( and Curt) I just do not want to step on that scale tomorrow, my clothes have already told me I have not lost any weight. I_forget.....that article was great! Don't I feel like a sucker and guinea pig all at once? ( I knew most of that info in the article, but I was weak )
    Confirming to everyone once again that eating GF definitely makes a difference in how you feel!! ( waaaay better, that is for sure)
    Abby5 and toban like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 97 of 226 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 197 ... LastLast

Thread Information