User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Stupid people

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I don't know what was in the air today but I've dealt with some seriously stupid people today.
    First I went to the bank to get my debit card replaced because they've switched over to visa debit and my card doesn't work anymore. At first the csm wouldn't give me a new card because I didn't have 2 pieces of government issued ID on me(nevermind that I had my license and everything else in my wallet has my name on it, and I can just hand over my card with no ID and take out whatever I want, but replacing a card requires not one but 2 pieces of ID). Finally I asked if I needed 2 pieces of ID to close my account, when she said no I told her to close it, and all of the sudden I could get a new card with only my license.
    Took my oldest to Mcdonalds for lunch, had a coupon for a 4.99 value meal, the cashier kept ringing it in as a happy meal, I had to tell her 5 times the coupon was for a value meal not a happy meal before she got it. Then I asked her for a cup of hot water to warm up a bottle, and she starts talking about how she wished more people would breastfeed, like WTF? You work at Mcdonalds, your job is to take my order and put food on the tray not to make comments about what people have in their kids bottles. And how do you know that it wasn't a bottle of breast milk(which it was) and I'm just not okay with whipping my boob out in the middle of Mcdonalds?
    Then I grab a big box of frozen chicken breasts at walmart that were on sale for 20. It scans at 23.00 instead of 20, I tell her they're on sale for 20, she gets someone to check, sign says 23.00. I tell her they're in the flyer for 20, she pulls out the boxing week flyer and says no they aren't. I point out that flyer ended on the 31st and pull up the current one on my phone, she tells me the food prices only apply to supercenters not regular walmarts and she needs the actual flyer to price match she can't do from a image on my phone. How the hell is bringing up your own flyer price matching? I ended up buying them anyway cus we needed them and I didn't want to go to a different walmart. But honestly how can a store that has such an intense hiring process have such stupid employees(and no I'm not saying all Walmart employees are, but honestly it amazes me how stupid some of them are).
    And then we're walking through the parking lot, and crossing at the little painted cross walk thing to get my car and some chick comes whipping around the corner through the cross walk, barely avoiding hitting my oldest and yells at me to watch my child. Maybe if you put your phone down and weren't doing 70 in a parking lot you wouldn't almost hit someone.
    I feel better now lol
    This thread is currently associated with: McDonald's, Walmart

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Is it just me or is the average IQ everywhere plummeting? I love how you handled the bank!
    OOP: $3844.62 (fuel, food, household, health & beauty)
    Coupons used $901.90
    Average grocery savings percentage: 82.30%
    Gasoline savings percentage: 15.58%
    Accumulated Bonus Value(not yet redeemed): $1032.52

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Good lord. What a day you've had. I can't believe some people. I guess they forget to turn on their manners before they leave the house in the morning.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oh I agree with Scorp411!! The bank was the best one of all! I wish I could have seen the face of the bank employee when you suggested you would close your account.

babies teach us acceptance

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    168 (100%)

I had that problem at the bank too. Finally after showing her all my cards and stuff in my wallet and verifying account activity I was allowed a new card. But I really wish I thought of your tactic! Very smart!
    Scorp411 likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    I don't know what was in the air today but I've dealt with some seriously stupid people today.
    First I went to the bank to get my debit card replaced because they've switched over to visa debit and my card doesn't work anymore. At first the csm wouldn't give me a new card because I didn't have 2 pieces of government issued ID on me(nevermind that I had my license and everything else in my wallet has my name on it, and I can just hand over my card with no ID and take out whatever I want, but replacing a card requires not one but 2 pieces of ID). Finally I asked if I needed 2 pieces of ID to close my account, when she said no I told her to close it, and all of the sudden I could get a new card with only my license.
    Took my oldest to Mcdonalds for lunch, had a coupon for a 4.99 value meal, the cashier kept ringing it in as a happy meal, I had to tell her 5 times the coupon was for a value meal not a happy meal before she got it. Then I asked her for a cup of hot water to warm up a bottle, and she starts talking about how she wished more people would breastfeed, like WTF? You work at Mcdonalds, your job is to take my order and put food on the tray not to make comments about what people have in their kids bottles. And how do you know that it wasn't a bottle of breast milk(which it was) and I'm just not okay with whipping my boob out in the middle of Mcdonalds?
    Then I grab a big box of frozen chicken breasts at walmart that were on sale for 20. It scans at 23.00 instead of 20, I tell her they're on sale for 20, she gets someone to check, sign says 23.00. I tell her they're in the flyer for 20, she pulls out the boxing week flyer and says no they aren't. I point out that flyer ended on the 31st and pull up the current one on my phone, she tells me the food prices only apply to supercenters not regular walmarts and she needs the actual flyer to price match she can't do from a image on my phone. How the hell is bringing up your own flyer price matching? I ended up buying them anyway cus we needed them and I didn't want to go to a different walmart. But honestly how can a store that has such an intense hiring process have such stupid employees(and no I'm not saying all Walmart employees are, but honestly it amazes me how stupid some of them are).
    And then we're walking through the parking lot, and crossing at the little painted cross walk thing to get my car and some chick comes whipping around the corner through the cross walk, barely avoiding hitting my oldest and yells at me to watch my child. Maybe if you put your phone down and weren't doing 70 in a parking lot you wouldn't almost hit someone.
    I feel better now lol
    Yup.. definitely stupid.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Finally I asked if I needed 2 pieces of ID to close my account, when she said no I told her to close it, and all of the sudden I could get a new card with only my license.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love what you did at the bank.
    Scorp411 likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just learned that about walmart as I went to buy something that was on sale in the flyer but wasn't marked on the shelf sticker. I asked an employee to verify the price and he said it isn't on sale. I said that I saw it in the flyer. He said that the flyer is distributed for the walmart for the next city as we share a newspaper. I've worked in retail and read the fine print so I know about limited quantities, not available at all locations, bla bla. The employee said that if I brought the flyer in then they would price match. I just laughed and said alrighty. So...flyer says on sale...but not..but bring in flyer and it is...kindda funny when you think of it.
    walkonby likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    -1 (0%)

Not sure what's in the water this year but it does seem as though 2013 is bringing out the worst in many people!
    I love how you held your ground at the bank. Not surprised at WM really, I swear their policies seemingly depend entirely on who's on shift.
    As for the driver I see post~holiday Road Rage is in full swing.
    Some days it seems it would some how be better if we just stayed in bed

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I know everyone is cheering at you for the bank situation, but honestly with identity theft so common lately, I can understand why they need 2 pieces of id. What if you had dropped your debit card or wallet, someone could easily try to go and change the card like you did, just so they could create a new pin to clean out your account. I'd rather them have that extra security at the bank.
    Last edited by GracieAnne; Sat, Jan 5th, 2013 at 01:17 AM.
    thriftygranny likes this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GracieAnne View Post
    I know everyone is cheering at you for the bank situation, but honestly with identity theft so common lately, I can understand why they need 2 pieces of id. What if you had dropped your debit card or wallet, someone could easily try to go and change the card like you did, just so they could create a new pin to clean out your account. I'd rather them have that extra security at the bank.
    I could understand that but a drivers licence is a photo id. Its not like just any one off the street can do that when its obviously a different person. And aside from that if you don't need 2 pieces of id said random person could easily clean out your account by cancelling the account as well.
    walkonby likes this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Lyssia, let's hope that it was just a bad day that happens once a year. Sometimes things go wrong everywhere you turn. Then release some steam and wait for better times when you encounter wonderful people who brighten your day. Thank you for posting.
    freedomslink.com , a cool homepage!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GracieAnne View Post
    It wasn't the need for 2 pieces of ID that bothered me(even though they don't need 2 pieces of government ID, photo ID and something else like a credit card has always been fine) its that I can just hand over my card without entering my pin or giving ID and can take out whatever I want, I can cancel and wipe out my account with only my drivers license, and even if I had found someones card and tried to get a new one so I could wipe out there account you need to know the original pin before you can change the pin on a bank card.
    walkonby likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Went to Maxi today with DH and we had lots of stuff in our cart. DH was halfway putting stuff on the belt when the lady behind us put the separator on the belt and starts putting her stuff on the belt. She had her own cart and it wasn't as if she was carrying her items in her arms and had to put them down. So DH says, just because you put your stuff there doesn't mean you are going to be served any faster than me. So the lady put her stuff back in her cart and freeing up space for us. DH was tempted to touch all her groceries to push them back on the belt, and you know how people don't like other people touching their stuff that they are going to buy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information