User Tag List

Page 243 of 370 FirstFirst ... 143 193 233 241 242 243 244 245 253 293 343 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 5538
Like Tree36122Likes

Thread: PammieD's Love is in the Air Package Train

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by juliejolie View Post
    I don't think its an ear infection or even sickness... maybe it's a growth spurt or phase?
    My DH and baby got to my workplace and she's fine and dandy now... not surprised... she always wants Mommy.
    She's in the waiting room playing and DH is passing the time watching Mr. Bean on our waiting room tv.

I leave in an hour, so it won't be much longer. I just told him... for now, don't attempt to go out if she's going to be like this. She's fine at home but DH gets bored and wants to go out to the mall, etc.

I just hope THIS phase passes soon. And we think that when she starts to walk, that maybe she'll have more fun running around in the mall with daddy.

*fingers crossed* this day doesn't get any worse
    Can you record your voice on something that hubby can play for her when she's upset? That might help to calm her down.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I just finished teaching for the day, and I'm still at school. I thought I'd get caught up on the posts as I know these threads gets busy while I'm at work.

You are all such remarkable strong women. I'm so blessed to be on this train with each and everyone of you. I'm sorry that I often don't have time to comment on every post that I wish to. However, please know that I read everything and think you guys are wonderful. You're so supportive to each other. I love reading all the posts, thoughts, rants, raves, pics, ideas, etc.

Hug your babies tonight for me! Fur babies too! We had a "practice" Code Red Lock Down procedure at our school today. Only the Principal knew that it was a practice though. With all the recent violence going on surrounding schools lately, this was the first Code Red Lock Down where I was legitimately scared. I'm a Spec Ed Teacher so I only had four students in my room at the time. Everything went smoothly. Check that the two entrances to my room are locked, that the blinds are closed, lights off, hide in the dark special needs washroom with the kids making sure a third door is locked. I remained calm for the kids sake, but I was terrified that it was a real lock down. We're not always told when a practice is occurring. The kids were great, and helped make sure the one boy in a motorized wheelchair was safe. Anyway, we hid away in the dark for 10+ minutes and I was so relieved to find out it was just a practice. I've never been that terrified for my students' and my safety before. I'm going home shaken, but happy that our practice went well.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

OVALTINE IS THE BEST!!! Great ideas and so happy that things are getting a bit better!

Quote Originally Posted by slambert View Post
    Thank you

The pediatrician has made some recomendations...1st being listen to your parents because we are smart...LOL I love this lady. Also to give him Oval teen tea (oval teen made with warm milk) at bedtime, supposed to be calming. Get some melatonin for the rougher nights, try an iphone app called white noise to help him focus on something that is not stimulating at night, calming breathing and a prescription for adavan (sp??) if things get worse before she gets back to use only on the major panic attack nights. She said we are doing everything right and said to NOT offer any rewards for getting to sleep good as it would encourage him to sooth himself with food and rewards as an adult when he has to deal with a trying situation. He is feeling much more confident right now about his ability to go to bed on his own, now lets hope that confidence is still there at bed time!!

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

or a video? or do you have facetime on an iphone?

Can you record your voice on something that hubby can play for her when she's upset? That might help to calm her down.

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

Hey Bluz,

Tell Sami things like this happen and as hard as it to "understand"... she doesn't need to think it was her, she could of changed him, etc. We can't change who we are.... she should try to be thankful he ended it with her before she was hurt even more. Share this pumpkin story with her:

**before I go any further... these are my opinions and I don't mean to offend anyone. I respect not all people will agree with me. **

I was raised in a family where we exposed to many different races, religions and sexual orientation. As an adult, I choose to live a life full of love and one of my 4 "real life" friends is a gay man.

I was 16. He was 18. He was smart, funny, kind and oh so handsome. We dated for 6 months. It was fun. A "light" relationship. I cared about him... he cared about me... but for whatever reason, we ended it. Fast forward>>>>>>

I was 21. He was 23. He was smart, funny, kind and even more handsome. We had remained friends and he was a true friend. We went out for supper one night and he "confessed" his secret. He was homosexual. Had known it the since he was young. Tried to date women to "fit in". It had been so long, so why was I hurt?!?!?

I went home shocked. I dated a gay man. OMG>> how did I not know, what would people think, what was I going to say?!?!??!!?!?!? And then, I had my "aha moment".

I didn't know because he wasn't ready to share with me. Who cares what people would think. And, what was I going to say.... that I was friends with a smart, funny, kind, handsome man. I don't introduce him as "my gay friend ______". I don't introduce him as "my gay friend _____ that I used to date".

We are still friends. He was at our wedding with his date. I hope to attend his wedding one day.

People are who they are. EVERY experience we have in life helps to mold us. We are always growing and (in my case) trying to become a better person.

Remind Sami that this is just one of many life experiences she will have..... and if that doesn't work... remind her that boys are stooopid
    Last edited by pumpkin9211; Tue, Jan 29th, 2013 at 04:02 PM.

Trading Score
    123 (99%)

Wow heavy topics here! Good Moms deal with the hardstuff!!! Mental health issues touch everybody and every family..thank-you ladies for talking about it and and dealing with it and getting your kids the help they need!
    Gotta run to meet DD's bus!
    Still not caught up...
    G
    Jezebel, DMS54, slambert and 4 others like this.
    http://www.facebook.com/gkbringswhatawomanwants

Like us and be entered to win a Custom Personalized bracelet!

Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Wow, Slambert, I am so happy you were able to get your son in to see someone so fast. It is great that you have a few options to get your son through for now. Positive thoughts sent your way :0)

Quote Originally Posted by new2sc View Post
    Buddy's package is processed and in transit. I have a hint for my buddy, I grew up very close to where you live, I even used to go to dances exactly where you live!
    Okay, new buddy question: Buddy where did you grow up? (Lol!)

Quote Originally Posted by bluzsuz View Post
    Hi all, busy day here, up early and off with the girl I work with to go sort out her cell phone. Now taking DD to her counselling appt., going to mail my package while she is there and sneak over to Superstore for a looky. Then she wants to go to Walmart and look at cds. With the issues she is working on we have reverted to a reward system - $3 for everyday she is 'good'. She has 12 days in now. Pretty proud. I suppose I can divulge another secret here since this is the week for letting is all out..... She is a cutter, it's terrifying and absolutely out of my control. I have never felt so helpless as a mother and been so scared. She has been in couselling for a few months now and it really seems to be helping. She has had some set backs, but seems to be doing well these days. She is wearing a shortsleeved shirt today for the first time in almost a year. I am sure she will be thrilled if she knew I was telling you all this but then again.... I think it's a good place for me to finally tell someone. Being a teenager is so hard these days.
    Please don't think I am a bad parent....
    Bluz, I can't imagine dealing with this! And I think everyone here knows you are a great parent and getting your daughter the help she needs. There are so many more things our kids have to deal with, on top of the normal hormonal crap that makes them crazy. I have 2 girls, 5 and 7, and I am so protective of them though I am starting to lose my control as they become more independant. I'm tempted to move to a cabin in the woods and home school them........

Trading Score
    199 (100%)

I will be mailing my parcel tomorrow.......

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    104 (100%)

new2sc: is it me?!? i remember lots of people coming to our dances who were "guests"

Uh oh! Buddy, your package says delivered, go check your mail! Hahaha geez that was fast. Sorry so early, but hey, go team purple!! And I told you it wasn't going far..... now I'm nervous..... hope you like it!!

Trading Score
    155 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dlee View Post
    I hope this can be a place for us to celebrate with one another too....my boyfriend and I are officially dating again. he took me out on three dates and then asked me to be his girlfriend again. =) I'm super happy with the decision. we broke up for a lot of good reasons but we are also coming back together for a lot of good reasons too.

I'm so excited. the six months time apart was a time of lots of growth and I can only hope for the best now!
    Great news - hope everything works out well for the two of you!

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

not far, like BC? is it me?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by MeShell View Post
    new2sc: is it me?!? i remember lots of people coming to our dances who were "guests"

Uh oh! Buddy, your package says delivered, go check your mail! Hahaha geez that was fast. Sorry so early, but hey, go team purple!! And I told you it wasn't going far..... now I'm nervous..... hope you like it!!

Trading Score
    155 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bluzsuz View Post
    Hi all, busy day here, up early and off with the girl I work with to go sort out her cell phone. Now taking DD to her counselling appt., going to mail my package while she is there and sneak over to Superstore for a looky. Then she wants to go to Walmart and look at cds. With the issues she is working on we have reverted to a reward system - $3 for everyday she is 'good'. She has 12 days in now. Pretty proud. I suppose I can divulge another secret here since this is the week for letting is all out..... She is a cutter, it's terrifying and absolutely out of my control. I have never felt so helpless as a mother and been so scared. She has been in couselling for a few months now and it really seems to be helping. She has had some set backs, but seems to be doing well these days. She is wearing a shortsleeved shirt today for the first time in almost a year. I am sure she will be thrilled if she knew I was telling you all this but then again.... I think it's a good place for me to finally tell someone. Being a teenager is so hard these days.
    Please don't think I am a bad parent....
    It is so hard being a teen-ager and it is even harder raising a teen-ager. I'm glad I grew up when I did - I don't think I would survive this day and age! I count my blessings that my kids survived teen-agehood relatively unscathed ( although my daughter is still only 18 - she has a good head on her shoulders!)

Trading Score
    155 (100%)

I have to stop reading these posts - I just finished a huge lindt chocolate bar (mindless eating - lol)!!

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

I talk to her on the phone often but she prefers closeness? If that makes sense. Thx for the idea tho!

Quote Originally Posted by dlee View Post
    or a video? or do you have facetime on an iphone?
    I will ask DH to show her a vid of me on his phone that hopefully will work. No iPhone here though.

Quote Originally Posted by MeShell View Post

Oooohhh MeShell's buddy.... Where are you? Excited to see!

Subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly VLOG updates on deals, couponing, & price matching. Happy couponing!
    www.youtube.com/user/SavvyCouponingMomJ

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Well buddy it's good I hadn't mailed yet, another parcel arrived from Etsy I had ordered for you and forgotten about So phew, I can stuff it in there lol. Should be mailing tomorrow, but if it's raining too much I might wait til Thursday just so it doesn't get all wet. We'll see how it goes I guess!

I do believe I've got the house by my sister's place, we are going to finalize the paperwork and first/last on Monday but from the email it seemed like I've got it and no more worries. Well except how to pack and clean with a 3-year-old and exhaustion lol. But I'll manage and if it's all crammed in boxes at the last minute so be it

Thread Information