User Tag List

Page 244 of 370 FirstFirst ... 144 194 234 242 243 244 245 246 254 294 344 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 5538
Like Tree36122Likes

Thread: PammieD's Love is in the Air Package Train

Trading Score
    493 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin9211 View Post
    Hey Bluz,

Tell Sami things like this happen and as hard as it to "understand"... she doesn't need to think it was her, she could of changed him, etc. We can't change who we are.... she should try to be thankful he ended it with her before she was hurt even more. Share this pumpkin story with her:

**before I go any further... these are my opinions and I don't mean to offend anyone. I respect not all people will agree with me. **

I was raised in a family where we exposed to many different races, religions and sexual orientation. As an adult, I choose to live a life full of love and one of my 4 "real life" friends is a gay man.

I was 16. He was 18. He was smart, funny, kind and oh so handsome. We dated for 6 months. It was fun. A "light" relationship. I cared about him... he cared about me... but for whatever reason, we ended it. Fast forward>>>>>>

I was 21. He was 23. He was smart, funny, kind and even more handsome. We had remained friends and he was a true friend. We went out for supper one night and he "confessed" his secret. He was homosexual. Had known it the since he was young. Tried to date women to "fit in". It had been so long, so why was I hurt?!?!?

I went home shocked. I dated a gay man. OMG>> how did I not know, what would people think, what was I going to say?!?!??!!?!?!? And then, I had my "aha moment".

I didn't know because he wasn't ready to share with me. Who cares what people would think. And, what was I going to say.... that I was friends with a smart, funny, kind, handsome man. I don't introduce him as "my gay friend ______". I don't introduce him as "my gay friend _____ that I used to date".

We are still friends. He was at our wedding with his date. I hope to attend his wedding one day.

People are who they are. EVERY experience we have in life helps to mold us. We are always growing and (in my case) trying to become a better person.

Remind Sami that this is just one of many life experiences she will have..... and if that doesn't work... remind her that boys are stooopid
    Thanks Pumpkin..... I was on my phone earlier in the counsellors waiting room but wanted to add that our family totally supported this young fellow, his mother did not and I don't know if his father ever knew. I think that he is back on the hetero side, but still confused with who he is, and I also don't think he had a good experience with the boy that he dated.... We told him we would always be here for him and have been. He is actually at our place this evening for supper We love him like a son and he loves us all too, lets us know it.
    His mom is a deadbeat mom who only has partial custody because she want the family allowance and tax claim, she is close to 50 and thinks she is 18... his father is a great guy but like to smoke the wacky tobaccy too much. So the poor fellow has never known a stable family. His brother was killed in a drunk driving accident 3 years ago and the mother dropped off the face of the earth for over a year, not even calling Nick on his birthday or Xmas.
    Unfortunately kids are mean, and once the word got out that Nick was now dating a guy, they let it fly at Sami, saying she made him turn to the other sex, and all the other wonderful things kids say...... and of course letting her know anyhting that they heard about Nick and his partner... anyways..... it was a challenging time, most of all because she love(s)d him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mich649 View Post
    Wow, Slambert, I am so happy you were able to get your son in to see someone so fast. It is great that you have a few options to get your son through for now. Positive thoughts sent your way :0)
    Okay, new buddy question: Buddy where did you grow up? (Lol!)
    Bluz, I can't imagine dealing with this! And I think everyone here knows you are a great parent and getting your daughter the help she needs. There are so many more things our kids have to deal with, on top of the normal hormonal crap that makes them crazy. I have 2 girls, 5 and 7, and I am so protective of them though I am starting to lose my control as they become more independant. I'm tempted to move to a cabin in the woods and home school them........
    Losing the 'control' of your kids is the scariest part of being a parent....

I grew up in Ladysmith, BC, about an hour north of Victoria, and near Nanaimo.
    Last edited by bluzsuz; Tue, Jan 29th, 2013 at 05:36 PM.

Trading Score
    493 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gwennad View Post
    Well buddy it's good I hadn't mailed yet, another parcel arrived from Etsy I had ordered for you and forgotten about So phew, I can stuff it in there lol. Should be mailing tomorrow, but if it's raining too much I might wait til Thursday just so it doesn't get all wet. We'll see how it goes I guess!

I do believe I've got the house by my sister's place, we are going to finalize the paperwork and first/last on Monday but from the email it seemed like I've got it and no more worries. Well except how to pack and clean with a 3-year-old and exhaustion lol. But I'll manage and if it's all crammed in boxes at the last minute so be it
    That's fantastic news!! I hope you are able to get some packing done!

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

eeep look at the time! I just read through everything but now it's dinner time. The kids are glued to jungle junction on tv and hubby by the sounds of the breathing has fallen asleep on the sofa after work....chicken, pasta, asparagus coming right up!
    (got a parcel today!!! but not from my buddy)
    I grew up in Northern BC (Prince Rupert)
    RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Is it wrong that I'm bored of my baby right now?

I grew up in Ajax, Ontario.

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

I grew up in Winnipeg, Manitoba...Vancouver, BC...and Hong Kong. Yup. Moved 3-4 times before the age of 10! haha.

Trading Score
    95 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mich649 View Post
    Wow, Slambert, I am so happy you were able to get your son in to see someone so fast. It is great that you have a few options to get your son through for now. Positive thoughts sent your way :0)

Okay, new buddy question: Buddy where did you grow up? (Lol!)

Bluz, I can't imagine dealing with this! And I think everyone here knows you are a great parent and getting your daughter the help she needs. There are so many more things our kids have to deal with, on top of the normal hormonal crap that makes them crazy. I have 2 girls, 5 and 7, and I am so protective of them though I am starting to lose my control as they become more independant. I'm tempted to move to a cabin in the woods and home school them........
    Hmmm...I think I will pass on this question!
    gwennad, Mich649, dlee and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

My dad was military (worked the radar bases - met my mom in Sioux Lookout ON where she had grown up and we spent time in the summers), I was born in Newcastle NB then lived in Gypsumville MB (that might be spelled wrong), Thunder Bay ON, Churchill MB, Winnipeg MB and finally here in Ottawa All this moving was up until grade 7, so I was 12 when we moved to Ottawa.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I grew up on the 3rd line of Adjala between Loretto and Hockley Valley. It could also be described as between Alliston and Orangeville, or simply I'm a country girl from South Central Ontario.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

I grew up everywhere..LOL My Dad was military so I grew up in Calgary, Oromocto, Greenwood, Bordon and Cape Breton...LOL...I've been everywhere's man..LOL (hope that song isn't just a maritime thing..LOL

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I grew up in a rural area between Barrie and Orillia, Ontario
    wanna swag with me? http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Brianna1980 signed up for ebates yet? if not http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=NPVTwJ63iIs%3D
    if you sign up under me - let me know and a special something will be sent your way!

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

Grew up in and still live in Sault Ste Marie Ontario and LOVE IT!

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I got my smartfood for 1.88 each oh yippie : ) On another note my stupid package hasn't moved!
    Jezebel, coyote00, PammieD and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

I was born, grew up in, and still live in Toronto! How boring~
    Jezebel, coyote00, Mich649 and 2 others like this.

Subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly VLOG updates on deals, couponing, & price matching. Happy couponing!
    www.youtube.com/user/SavvyCouponingMomJ

Trading Score
    123 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by Briwantstosave View Post
    All caught up- mostly

Jes- so sorry to hear about your kitty, You are an amazing fur mama and she knows how much she is loved. Big hugs to you!

Buddy- your parcel should go out tomorrow - I baked you some cookies that I waiting on

Does anyone else's almost three year old drive them to drinking? (joking of course) but seriously she is REALLLLLLLLY trying my patience today.
    YES YES YES AND YES AND KAHLUA AND CHOCOLATE (silk soy) MILK DO IT FOR ME...(after bed time)that's why I need silk coupons...
    Quote Originally Posted by missbee217 View Post
    Whoever phrased "Terrible Two's" OBVIOUSLY hadn't made it to three's yet, because they're worse!
    We have always said f+ck+n 3's....

Quote Originally Posted by K8's Fate View Post
    I just finished teaching for the day, and I'm still at school. I thought I'd get caught up on the posts as I know these threads gets busy while I'm at work.

You are all such remarkable strong women. I'm so blessed to be on this train with each and everyone of you. I'm sorry that I often don't have time to comment on every post that I wish to. However, please know that I read everything and think you guys are wonderful. You're so supportive to each other. I love reading all the posts, thoughts, rants, raves, pics, ideas, etc.

Hug your babies tonight for me! Fur babies too! We had a "practice" Code Red Lock Down procedure at our school today. Only the Principal knew that it was a practice though. With all the recent violence going on surrounding schools lately, this was the first Code Red Lock Down where I was legitimately scared. I'm a Spec Ed Teacher so I only had four students in my room at the time. Everything went smoothly. Check that the two entrances to my room are locked, that the blinds are closed, lights off, hide in the dark special needs washroom with the kids making sure a third door is locked. I remained calm for the kids sake, but I was terrified that it was a real lock down. We're not always told when a practice is occurring. The kids were great, and helped make sure the one boy in a motorized wheelchair was safe. Anyway, we hid away in the dark for 10+ minutes and I was so relieved to find out it was just a practice. I've never been that terrified for my students' and my safety before. I'm going home shaken, but happy that our practice went well.

Thank-you for being a TEACHER! The future is in your hands!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gwennad View Post
    Well buddy it's good I hadn't mailed yet, another parcel arrived from Etsy I had ordered for you and forgotten about So phew, I can stuff it in there lol. Should be mailing tomorrow, but if it's raining too much I might wait til Thursday just so it doesn't get all wet. We'll see how it goes I guess!

I do believe I've got the house by my sister's place, we are going to finalize the paperwork and first/last on Monday but from the email it seemed like I've got it and no more worries. Well except how to pack and clean with a 3-year-old and exhaustion lol. But I'll manage and if it's all crammed in boxes at the last minute so be it
    Yahoo! Sounds like a good situation!

G
    http://www.facebook.com/gkbringswhatawomanwants

Like us and be entered to win a Custom Personalized bracelet!

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Thread Information