User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Golden Globes Partaaaaay!!! Bring on the speeches, tears and the f-bombs!!!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

the trouble with the dresses now a days is everyone has a stylist.. or at the very least gets a stylist for the awards show.. so it's rare you see a shocking "what was she thinking" dress

Jodie Fosters speech was.. interesting..a bit cryptic
    Natalka likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I think Argo was a big shock, especially to Speilberg.

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

i watched bits an pieces (downton abby marathon last night yippy!), i agree jody foster...? i love amy pohler and tina fey, thought they did great will ferrel and kristin wiig were hilarious. "you..get..outta...here!". claire danes looked stunning. and to think she only had a baby 1 month ago *hangs head in shame*
    itsjustmebub and Natalka like this.

When life hands you lemons, make a lemon pie... lemonade will be all like WTH?!?

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Will Farrel and Kristin Wig need to host next year...I died laughing!

I really thought Bradley Cooper should have won Best Actor in a Comedic Role - Silver Lining Playbook was amazing - he was awesome in it and so was Jennifer Lawrence.

I have never been a Jodie Foster fan, never really liked her movies. Her speech was...interesting.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I agree about Will and Kristin - their bit was FAB!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Best Dressed IMO-

LOved both of these dresses - Tina Fay especially!
    Name:  jan-13-golden-globes-tina-and-amy-getty__width_420.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  32.3 KB

One of my fav of the night..so elegant but sexy without revealing to much!
    Name:  jan-13-golden-globes-kate-hudson-getty__width_420.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  35.2 KB

Love the colour and style
    Name:  jan-13-golden-globes-claire-danes-getty__width_420.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  43.3 KB

Worst Dressed IMO

Gah I hated this..so not flattering and it made her look more bigger then she is and she looked very awkward in it.
    Name:  jan-13-golden-globes-lena-dunham-getty__width_420.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  41.2 KB

What IS THIS???? Perhaps if it wasn't so full it would look better, I also hate the pattern....the green more then the roses
    Name:  jan-13-golden-globes-lucy-liu-ap__width_420.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  46.8 KB

I hate the colour and the way it fits her...so blah reminds me of a beach cover up.
    Name:  jan-13-golden-globes-jessica-chastain-ap__width_420.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  36.1 KB

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

good morning! Patty I cannot access my computer when viewing the tv, so I had no idea you had this going on last night! I am a first class awards show junkie!! The Oscar's are my favourite, the Globes, People's Choice etc. I love heartfelt speeches that seem to have been delivered off the cuff ( even though I am sure many are written and rehearsed )

I am die hard fans of Tina Fey and Amy Poehler so I was thrilled to see them as hosts. They hit it out of the park from the very beginning. The jokes were so good, the digs to James Cameron, ( Katherine Bigelow ex) James Franco ( hosted Oscar's with Anne Hathaway once) and Taylor Swift ( serial dater, warned hands off Michael J Fox son! lol) were cutting but still not as bad as anything Ricky Gervais ever said.
    Plus these ladies are never afraid to put themselves in the centre and be the brunt of a joke themselves. watch short video clip below

http://www.people.com/people/article...664437,00.html

The winner I was very thrilled for was Ben Affleck who was snubbed an Oscar Nom this year, and Quenton! Who would have thought he would have won an award himself for Django Unchained, as lately all any of the interviewers want to discuss with him is his violence in his movies and how it influences society. He was the most shocked by the win.
    Loved Anne's sincerity in her acceptance speech, Hugh Jackman what a class act!! ( his wife is one very adored lady! )
    Oh and when Tina and Amy talked about the sacrifices they had to make to fit into those gowns, very clever jokes incorporating the movies up for a Globe, cannot find the original words, something about after getting the dress off she will be enjoying Life Of Pi..silly but cute.
    Rats, gotta drive DS to class.

I loved the entire show last night, still wish I could have been able to chat here with you during it but I have a short attention span. lol!
    Natalka likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

the fashion was SO BAD i had to stop watching.
    it was hurting my eyes lol

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Didn't really think Jodie Foster's speech was that cryptic. She came out a few years ago in an award speech more or less. It was a bit rambley but beautiful when she was speaking about her mother.

"Most of what I'm saying will probably be confusing for you but I hope that behind those beautiful blue eyes you will understand these words and they will somehow touch your soul that I love you, love you, love you "
    Last edited by SarahS83; Mon, Jan 14th, 2013 at 12:32 PM.
    coupon girl likes this.
    Win Amazon Giftcards just by searching with Swagbucks! I've made over $700!!!

Ask me for more information on how

Tangerine Orange Key is 14221156S1

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    The jokes were so good, the digs to James Cameron, ( Katherine Bigelow ex) James Franco ( hosted Oscar's with Anne Hathaway once) and Taylor Swift ( serial dater, warned hands off Michael J Fox son! lol)
    ohh yes i remember poor Anne Hathaway having to put up with James Franco.. she was great.. he.. was just a waste.. and Taylor swift dig.. ohh yes! Serial dater yes.. but then she usually writes a hit song about the break up..

and yes.. i do agree with the plum colour dress.. it was bulky the style of it is pretty with the structured look to it.. BUT the fabric and the colour of it is much to bulky

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information