User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Is there anything that I can grow in an apartment?

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

How about chia? It's getting to be a salad staple with some. I don't know if I'm kidding or not. I don't know if you can just "harvest" it from your Christmas present. I hate to be flip - I'm interested. I'm a terrible gardener whose garden seems to get along well enough despite me.
    natynat likes this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think you can use the indoor plants a chance to start your vegetation from seeds... tomato vegetables, sweet peppers, etc. (With your brief increasing period, you need all the enhance time you can get.) Then implant to the village when the elements is right. Choose up some seeds online magazines to see what is appropriate for you environment.
    natynat likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello Friends,

Apartments are fickle. My biggest concerns are the physical geometry of the apartment grow or any grow for that matter. Also management is an issue. When would they want to come inspect, spray for bugs, or show the unit... That can be a BIG issue in some situations. You should CASUALY ask about pest control and inspections. I also like to aks about fish tanks just to make them think you are into that kind of stuff, and to get the feel for things. A fish tank is prone to possible leaks and if they are concerned about that kind of issue, you should proceed with caution. Back to physical lay out of the grow space. A big item on your list of must haves in an apartments is a decent to large master closet. Another big question is where would you be able to exhaust hot air to? If its a town home or an area with an attic you could blow it into the attic, provided its not a common space attic or some high traffic area. Most condos and apartments have "Fire Walls" in between all the way to the roof look or ask for that. DOnt be afraid to ask to peek into the attic. If you get those issues solved then the rest is all about hard work and KEEPING YOUR MOUTH SHUT! Which leads me to my next recommendation ... Don't get chummy with the neighbors if your are moving into a new situation and you want to grow some dope. Keep it casual and dont make your pad the party zone or you will get busted. Second or higher floor grows are the safest and most secure grow. On the first floor of a house or apt it is conceivable that your grow might be exposed to many threats including infestation by natural bugs that travel on the ground that may stumble in and by the feds.

Thanks and Regards,
    William Hayden

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by williamhayden View Post
    hello friends,

apartments are fickle. My biggest concerns are the physical geometry of the apartment grow or any grow for that matter. Also management is an issue. When would they want to come inspect, spray for bugs, or show the unit... That can be a big issue in some situations. You should casualy ask about pest control and inspections. I also like to aks about fish tanks just to make them think you are into that kind of stuff, and to get the feel for things. A fish tank is prone to possible leaks and if they are concerned about that kind of issue, you should proceed with caution. Back to physical lay out of the grow space. A big item on your list of must haves in an apartments is a decent to large master closet. Another big question is where would you be able to exhaust hot air to? If its a town home or an area with an attic you could blow it into the attic, provided its not a common space attic or some high traffic area. Most condos and apartments have "fire walls" in between all the way to the roof look or ask for that. Dont be afraid to ask to peek into the attic. If you get those issues solved then the rest is all about hard work and keeping your mouth shut! Which leads me to my next recommendation ... Don't get chummy with the neighbors if your are moving into a new situation and you want to grow some dope. Keep it casual and dont make your pad the party zone or you will get busted. Second or higher floor grows are the safest and most secure grow. On the first floor of a house or apt it is conceivable that your grow might be exposed to many threats including infestation by natural bugs that travel on the ground that may stumble in and by the feds.

Thanks and regards,
    william hayden

lol
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Hilarious, thanks for the laughs!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamHayden View Post
    Hello Friends,

Apartments are fickle. My biggest concerns are the physical geometry of the apartment grow or any grow for that matter. Also management is an issue. When would they want to come inspect, spray for bugs, or show the unit... That can be a BIG issue in some situations. You should CASUALY ask about pest control and inspections. I also like to aks about fish tanks just to make them think you are into that kind of stuff, and to get the feel for things. A fish tank is prone to possible leaks and if they are concerned about that kind of issue, you should proceed with caution. Back to physical lay out of the grow space. A big item on your list of must haves in an apartments is a decent to large master closet. Another big question is where would you be able to exhaust hot air to? If its a town home or an area with an attic you could blow it into the attic, provided its not a common space attic or some high traffic area. Most condos and apartments have "Fire Walls" in between all the way to the roof look or ask for that. DOnt be afraid to ask to peek into the attic. If you get those issues solved then the rest is all about hard work and KEEPING YOUR MOUTH SHUT! Which leads me to my next recommendation ... Don't get chummy with the neighbors if your are moving into a new situation and you want to grow some dope. Keep it casual and dont make your pad the party zone or you will get busted. Second or higher floor grows are the safest and most secure grow. On the first floor of a house or apt it is conceivable that your grow might be exposed to many threats including infestation by natural bugs that travel on the ground that may stumble in and by the feds.

Thanks and Regards,
    William Hayden

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

For an easy project you can start now, try sunflower sprouts. They are really tasty on salads and sandwiches, or just for an edible garnish! And they are super easy to grow. (You'll probably want to keep them out of Kitty's reach, though!) Here's a video to get you started. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OUfK0Lh1l0
    FOODLAND STICKERS - Mission Accomplished!!! Thank you macw1960, KelJo, and petsrfun101 for your generosity!

See how I earned $20 in Amazon gift codes this week! CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT SWAGBUCKS RIGHT NOW!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information