User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree489Likes

Thread: Confessions of a Mom

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Confessions:

- can't wait for Monday to come so that I can sit in my office at work and have a nice quiet cup of hot coffee
    - I go to the bathroom just to have a moment to myself
    - stay in the shower a few minutes more to gather my courage
    - hate when DH pretends to be asleep so that I have to get up with DS
    - if I hear that Thomas train going round the track one more time, I will scream!
    - why can't the kid get into his car seat nice and quietly, must it always be a wrestling match?

Love the little munchkin, but he can grate mommy's nerves.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is funny thread!

Mom spent a lot of time teaching me to be patient. Inspired by the film karate kid, me and brother would spend countless hours doing taks such as painstaking detailing of her car, raking, weeding the garden... All excited to do so 'knowing' one day we'd have special talents.

Moms! Yahoo!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm confessing for today.....
    I am so beat from 5 hours of teaching dance last night and having another 4 hours to do tonight I decided to keep my youngest home today so that I wouldn't have to make the long walk to and from school this morning and this afternoon!

...I feel better now.
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I made all of DS's valentine cards myself and signed them all because I knew he'd get bored after 2 or 3 and I'd have to do them anyway!
    Crochetlady, kazm-l, ninna and 5 others like this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have knick named my kids $h!t, $hat and $h!te because some days that is the only way to describe their behaviour.

God bless coffee, chocolate and school days.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I thought of another thing my Mom used to do, mostly to my sister, but I got it to for a while.

Every Halloween she'd tell us that her friends at work had children that lived in poor neighbourhoods and that it would be a nice kind thing if we would let her pick about 10% of our Halloween candy, and let her take it to work to give to them!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I thought of another thing my Mom used to do, mostly to my sister, but I got it to for a while.

Every Halloween she'd tell us that her friends at work had children that lived in poor neighbourhoods and that it would be a nice kind thing if we would let her pick about 10% of our Halloween candy, and let her take it to work to give to them!

vesper??...you do not think your Mom ate it do you? Mom's would never eat their kids Hallowe'en candy!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My mom would invite me and my brother to play hide and seek - after about 10 minutes of hiding we realized she might not be coming to find us. I guess she really needed that 10 minutes of peace, lol!
    Last edited by erin9mmm; Wed, Feb 13th, 2013 at 02:08 PM.
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    vesper??...you do not think your Mom ate it do you? Mom's would never eat their kids Hallowe'en candy!!
    Uh yeah I am pretty sure she did . She snatched all the ones she liked the best

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by erin9mmm View Post
    My mom would invite my brother and I to play hide and seek - after about 10 minutes of hiding we realized she might not be coming to find us. I guess she really needed that 10 minutes of peace, lol!
    That's a good one! if I ever have kids, I am going to use it!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

oh oh I have another one! I confess to turning on the TV to Thomas the Tank Engine (DS loves this show) in the morning so that I have 27 minutes of peace to eat my breakfast!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

hey, if we are ratting out our own Mom's I have a beauty!
    I imagine she did this to ensure that we all dried the silverware properly before it went into the drawer.
    Her words of instruction were " you cannot put them into the drawer wet, because they will start crying " Okey Dokey Mom!
    Well, I admit...I was either dumber than a stump or I NEVER thought my Mom lied about anything so it " must be true "
    I just never questioned it....until I was almost 13 yrs old, someone wanted me to hurry up one day and come where they were and I asked them to wait because " I have to dry these spoons properly, because they will cry if I " ....and as I said the words out loud I must have thought WTF!? ( even though that acronym was not even invented!!

So there ya go! I inherited the " lying to your kids " thing from my Ma!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

oh you guys brought tears to my eyes! my stomach hurts from all this laughing!! I can relate to doing quite a few of the stuff posted already - it made me think how us moms - although we are from diff parts of the country, with diff upbringings, cultures etc ... we seem to have the same "mom" mind frame

So let me give this a go:
    - On days when DD is cooperating and napping, I usually come on the computer and spend most of my time here - then when hubby comes home, I pretend I've been doing housework alllllllll day
    - speaking of housework, I purposely leave my dishes for the evening, so that while I'm washing them, I get a break from the kids.
    - On weekends, I bring DD & DS into our bed, and turn on the cartoons so we can get an extra half hour or hour of sleep!
    - Sometimes when DS is talking (usually about superheroes or something I'm remotely not interested in), I pretend I'm paying attention (but actually watching tv), and every now and then I throw in a couple of key words -- "Really?!" , "Wow!", "and then what happened?!", "Oh my!", "Excellent!"

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

Any of you feel like you're going to be cleaning poo for the rest of your lives??! I've been doing it for 5 years in a row now - prob got another year or two left - that is unless I get preggers again ! (knock on wood hard!)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My parents got divorced when I was 11 or 12.

Not long after, my mother decided one day, that me and brother need to join Wednesday night youth group at church. This was odd because my mom had nothing to do with that church. It went until about 10:30 if we stuck around to play basketball after the service.

I remember my mother smelled like perfume on the way back after she picked us up.
    Crochetlady, kazm-l, ninna and 3 others like this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information