User Tag List

Page 24 of 81 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast
Like Tree3821Likes

Thread: Frugal March chatter (Marching on with Savings) cont'd Frugal Feb....

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

We had a Sam`s Club membership but we`re 1 1/2 hours away so we didn`t go very often. Wasn`t worth it for us.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Wonderful stuff, let us know when you pay off MC will post congrats or something as that is a great accomplishment, little steps all add up. It's $600.00 a month here for gas for the vehicles and keep in mind I personally go out only once a week within my 20 minute comfort zone, eek crazyness!

It's wonderful to be prepared and not have bills especially at Christmas time, great job!

Just did my local groceries and I'm sitting on the fence with my results......

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    I don't do the jars but have been keeping track of everything I spend and it sure does add up quicker than you think! I wish I could get DH to do the same but he says "he knows".......sure sure

I have a terrible track record with money and am slowly starting to get my feet wet with credit,etc. Every year that passes I celebrate small victories, no matter how silly. Last Christmas was the first time we paid CASH for gifts, didn't borrow a cent. It was amazing. I am hooked! When I pay my MC bill off next week, my goal is to never carry a balance.
    Sorry to get off topic.
    Our gas bill is atrocious as well. Both Dh and I commute to work and I believe our gas a month is close to $700 depending on how much extra we are driving. Its disgusting but to live outside a big city is worth it I guess. We could never afford to live closer to his work (Milton) where townhouses are over $200K.
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Fri, Mar 8th, 2013 at 01:16 PM.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I never went to a Sam's club.

I think all of these things are hit and miss. I know some people who love Costco's meat and produce. Personally most of the time I find their produce over prices and hit and miss on the qaulity.

Dairy products are an amazing price at Costco. We do not go through alot of them with only 2 of us in the house so I can usually buy them on sale, but if we ever run low Costco is the place to go.

You do really need to avoid temptation though. I can go in get what I want and leave but I find if I am shopping with someone else who wants to look around that is when I over buy. I think the my impatients and boredum kick in because that is when I start looking at everything and think oh that might be yummy.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Not worth it for us, I just tag along with someone who has a membership - although their propane is cheap. I still can't recoop the membership fee for dh and I, so don't have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    I am chatty today, sorry.
    Forgot my question.

What is your opinion of Costco memberships?

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I have a membership to Costco and I only use it for certain things... like maple syrup, organic frozen corn and frozen peas, some organic food (like Annie's pasta and shells- it is sooooo cheap there! 16 boxes for $13.00), egg rolls (the only ones I can find pre made without polypropylene glycol, dextrose or dextrine in them), gas, workbooks for DS and sometimes clothing. We are a VERY green family so we are very picky about what we buy to eat and use in the house. Do I get my money's worth out of membership with the savings- yes. Just. I only go once a month.

On another note- just came back from No Frills- and IT WAS A ZOO!!!!
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Oh yes, I forgot about clothing at Costco. If I can find something that fits me there oh is it ever cheap to buy clothes. I have gotten more of my favourite over sweater there, the ones that zip up and can be worn over almost anything.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    We don't have Costco nearby but I miss our Sam's Club...again, great meat
    Yes, I would like to buy mostly meat and produce there. I just don't know if its "worth it" and it would be very tempting for me to impulse buy.
    lecale and jasperandchar like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matty's mom View Post
    I have a membership to Costco and I only use it for certain things... like maple syrup, organic frozen corn and frozen peas, some organic food (like Annie's pasta and shells- it is sooooo cheap there! 16 boxes for $13.00), egg rolls (the only ones I can find pre made without polypropylene glycol, dextrose or dextrine in them), gas, workbooks for DS and sometimes clothing. We are a VERY green family so we are very picky about what we buy to eat and use in the house. Do I get my money's worth out of membership with the savings- yes. Just. I only go once a month.

On another note- just came back from No Frills- and IT WAS A ZOO!!!!
    Being "green" is important to me too. I try to make the effort whenever possible although we do not eat organic but I try to buy local when I can. I'm thinking I may try costco out again

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Holy crap! I just signed up for a gym. Scared but excited too.
    I'm taking the older kids tonight for family swim (it costs a toonie each for them).
    $55 to sign up and $18.95 biweekly. Not cheap but its all for me!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I'm still looking for the following coupons and have updated my tradelist & wishlist under about me - thanks

$1.00 IOGO
    .75 IOGO (gocoupons or any other resource)
    B2G1 Pedigree Wet Dog Food Can exp. May 31, 2013 from insert
    $1.00 minigo ???
    .50 Yop, minigo etc. exp. Dec. 31, 2103 - have a look at my tradelist under about me.
    $ Villagio bread (any amounts)
    $1.00 Accent Tomoatoes wub2 exp. Dec. 2013
    SYB Kelloggs Share your Breakfast ( 1 pin per FPC to choose from)

I have found .50 eggo minis coupons today....(check my tradelist) for trade
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Fri, Mar 8th, 2013 at 03:57 PM.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Anyone make their own laundry detergent? I think I'm going to venture into it.

I make my own dishwasher detergent and it works great. Saves me money, good for the environment and no wierd chemicals.
    jasperandchar likes this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Casey: Do you know anyone with a Costco membership that maybe you could tag along with and see how their products and prices fit into your family's needs?

Jasper: I may have some of those coupons, I will check my stash when I get home tonight.

Insane: I looked into making my lunadry my detergent only things that stopped me was there seemed to alot of warnings when to came to HE machines which is what we have. PLus my stockpile is over flowing with laundry soap. Whenever I can get Arm & Hammer for $1.99 I use every coupon we have.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    Anyone make their own laundry detergent? I think I'm going to venture into it.

I make my own dishwasher detergent and it works great. Saves me money, good for the environment and no wierd chemicals.
    I do! This is the one I use:

3 tbsp of borax
    3 tbsp of washing soda
    2 tbsp of Blue Dawn
    6 boiling cups of water
    put into a container & shake until all is dissolved. I use a 4+L old purex container and double up the recipe. I add ~2 cupfuls to my dispenser.

Some versions of this call for 4c of water, but I find that I get crystals on the bottom of the jug if I use less. I use this in my HE washer and I am generally quite happy. It isn't great on bad grease spots, so I just apply a diluted dawn spray on them. Is it as good as store bought? Honestly, it isn't tide. But it is SOOOO cheap to make. It cost me $13.00 for everything and I still have half of the borax, and washing soda left over. The dawn- well I use that for other things, so I always have that in the house. It is as good as gain, purex etc.

What recipe do you use for your dishwasher? I have played around with making some recipes- but have some problem with white film that I can't get rid of with citric acid.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Okay I'm so excited I bought yeast today (lol), so all you bread-makers out their with WHITE bread & buns, pizza crust, etc recipes for hand-made bread (no bread-machine here) please share

ON ANOTHER NOTE:

My youngest son who is now 10 years olds is so into couponing, sales, freebies, etc.....and he keeps saying we're Marching On with Savings eh mom (lol) he makes me laugh, he gets so excited when we find new tare pads or get inserts with the newspapers, he is definately my son
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Fri, Mar 8th, 2013 at 03:54 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

thanks & let me know what you are interested in off my tradelist, thanks again! I am hoarding the IOGO coupons (lol)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Casey: Do you know anyone with a Costco membership that maybe you could tag along with and see how their products and prices fit into your family's needs?

Jasper: I may have some of those coupons, I will check my stash when I get home tonight.

Insane: I looked into making my lunadry my detergent only things that stopped me was there seemed to alot of warnings when to came to HE machines which is what we have. PLus my stockpile is over flowing with laundry soap. Whenever I can get Arm & Hammer for $1.99 I use every coupon we have.
    lecale and SassyAshley like this.

Page 24 of 81 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast

Thread Information