User Tag List

Page 52 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
Like Tree4771Likes

Thread: Spring into Savings - April Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    I love those. I have the max 6 accounts per household on Kids club so I get lots of coupons for summer treats.
    I didn't realize that you can get 12 Chapman coupons a year if you had 6 accounts,i knew you could have 6 account per household but thought it was 2 Chapman coupons per household thanks so much
    Crochetlady and jasperandchar like this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Really really alot, a stack of dishes that need to be done, a coffee maker, two spice racks, a scarbooking turntable we use for kitchen utensils, the dish rack, a roll of paper towel, a container of misc items a sugar container plus I am sure there are various other things that has been dropped on the counter and not picked up. Unless mom cleans the kitchen today it won't be done as yeah I am way too tired to tackle tonight when I get home. I need a nap.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Inquiring minds want to know!!!

What is on your kitchen counter? (don't be shy - lol)
    Crochetlady and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gwennad View Post
    I'd love to see some as I have a really hard time with this. I plan but it never works out that way. How do you do the planning? Do you have a board somewhere? A note on the fridge?

For myself, I buy the big packs of all the same socks, so when one gets lost/a hole, I just keep the good one until it happens to another one and voila, I still have a pair Boring but it works for me lol. I have started doing the same thing for my son. But for some of his little socks where we lost one, I'd turn the other one into a cat toy, fill it up with catnip, tie a knot in it and voila! Cats love it.
    I do this too buy all the same socks always have extras like gwennad mentioned
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

For me it is what can I get done ahead of time. Most night well making or cleaning up after dinner I make my lunch and make sure I have everything ready for tomorrow including the filling the kettle so I just have to turn it on in the morning. Also on the weekend I like to cut up and package things for my lunch for the week, if I can get ahead great. Also on occasion I will make ahead (ie this week there were enough slider buns and left over roast beef for two days worth of lunches so I made both and left them in the fridge). Well I am getting ready for bed I put my clothes out for tomorrow.

I used to try to take on one cleaning task a night so it wasn't all left for the weekend but right now it does not happen. I got home I zonk out and I am done.

Question of the Day???

What is your most time saving tip in your household (anything goes),

as someone said pack the lunches the night before, lay out clothes the night before, pre-cook meat the night before, crock-pot cooking, clean 1 room a day, etc.....

ANYTHING GOES IF IT SAVES YOU TIME!!!

I'd like to learn a few time saving tricks from a your bright ladies!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

When it comes to weekends I am really not given an option I fought long and hard about this last year until they just refused to discuss it I was told do it for awhile and we will see what happens. I was acout to be removed from the schedule as they were going to drop it down to one person in the office on weekends but my cousin made a huge deal of how impossible that was and got another guy to side with him so I got the old well we thought we had a soloution but really don't do it is only a few more months (4 months) and we will see what we can work out next year. Next year is here and looks like I am still going to be on the schedule.

I have tried cutting back my hours (technically I work 8 to 4, but I am always in the office by 7 am, lately 6 - 6:30 am, but I do try to leave at 4). I just fall behind and have to dig myself out before it becomes an issue.

I am the go to person, I have offically been trained now to do every job in our office, if someone is away I cover that person, if someone can't do something I am first one called. WHen I say anything it is pointed out what my last name is (happens to be the same as the company name). Honesly pulling the long hours all week I can handle if I get my weekends off but come summer and only some weekends off that is when I want to snap and even when I am like ok it is my weekend to work I am not doing these insane hours, something happens and I have to work late or come in early.

Is it too early to start counting down to Christmas Shut Down?????? I really need a vacation or something.

I feel for you, sounds like you are going above and beyond with your job and it's no wonder you are tuckered out at the end of the day to say the least.

Questions that only you can answer and certainly not meant to offend or upset you!!!

Will rocks fall from the sky if you don't work weekends?

Will you get fired or laid off if you demand to have weekends off and perhaps your schedule a little more slack?

Your health and sanity are worth something and it seems to me that you are definitely wearing yourself thin, I understand that you do not make the schedules at work but there will always be someone who leaves the company or gets transferred and unfortunately you can't always be the go to person.

Hope things slow down a little and you get some me time!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    I didn't realize that you can get 12 Chapman coupons a year if you had 6 accounts,i knew you could have 6 account per household but thought it was 2 Chapman coupons per household thanks so much
    You`re welcome. I didn`t know that either for the first couple years. I like to save them for the summer when the treats are often on sale.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Cleaning products for FIL who is leaving soon, my fruit bowl & matching bread tins (one for white and one for brown),bread maker, microwave, dish rack, utensil holder, cookie jar, coffee maker,cutting board...can you tell that I have a fairly generous kitchen?- truly is the the best thing about this 2 bedroom +1, open concept house! Well, it wasn't open- DH made it open for me. Don't know why there was a wall in between the kitchen and the living area. Can hardly wait for it to be redone (but first the basement and bathroom!)
    Last edited by matty's mom; Tue, Apr 16th, 2013 at 01:56 PM.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Toaster, microwave, coffee maker, knife block, bread maker (which I don`t use) can opener

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I hear ya home renos.....grrrrr.....We have so many small projects on the go I told dh we need to finish 1 thing at a time no more ADD home renos (lol). Trying to finish up our kitchen as it's only been almost 2 years.....eeek.

Quote Originally Posted by matty's mom View Post
    Cleaning products for FIL who is leaving soon, my fruit bowl & matching bread tins (one for white and one for brown),bread maker, microwave, dish rack, utensil holder, cookie jar, coffee maker,cutting board...can you tell that I have a fairly generous kitchen?- truly is the the best thing about this 2 bedroom +1, open concept house! Well, it wasn't open- DH made it open for me. Don't know why there was a wall in between the kitchen and the living area. Can hardly wait for it to be redone (but first the basement and bathroom!)
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Question of the Day

Do you have a daily/weekly routine? (walk, household chores, coffee outside, laundry day, coffee with the girls etc)
    I get up whenever I wake up. Have breakfast while I check emails and of course come here. The rest of the day depends how I feel but I always try to get at least 6 hours of crocheting done. About once a month I have either coffee or lunch with a couple friends.
    Laundry and cleaning get done on the weekend.
    Last edited by Crochetlady; Tue, Apr 16th, 2013 at 02:15 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our baby boy has eczema so I am thinking about trying the aluminum foil trick to see if it helps him some. We already use scent free and dye free laundry detergent and use the extra rinse cycle.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Great hobby/pass time you have crocheting, do you sell or donate your items? I've crocheted a few winters back and donated about 50 scarves to the church bazaar but I now forget how to crochet and I'm so visual I need to literally watch someone until I get it (lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    I get up whenever I wake up. Have breakfast while I check emails and of course come here. The rest of the day depends how I feel but I always try to get at least 6 hours of crocheting done. About once a month I have either coffee or lunch with a couple friends.
    Laundry and cleaning get done on the weekend.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

poor little guy

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Our baby boy has eczema so I am thinking about trying the aluminum foil trick to see if it helps him some. We already use scent free and dye free laundry detergent and use the extra rinse cycle.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Okay I am delegating tomorrow Question of the Day and Inquiring minds to someone on here ANY VOLUNTEERS?

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I can do it, but I should probably post it later tonight incase tomorrow is busy and I cannot get online at work.

Okay I am delegating tomorrow Question of the Day and Inquiring minds to someone on here ANY VOLUNTEERS?

Page 52 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast

Thread Information