User Tag List

Page 64 of 90 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 ... LastLast
Like Tree4771Likes

Thread: Spring into Savings - April Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

So now that most of the flyers have been posted or delivered, what's your grocery list looking like this week?
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I had surgery last saturday. it had been planned for 4 weeks from now, so it was a bit early. My plan is to get food that will / can be easily cooked for th family. we are good on alot of things, but i tend to do compleatly from scratch, so ... I need things that can be cooked by a 20 yr old,and a 15 yr old......lol.... with min prep from me. so I either need to prep stuff on the weekend----- or ..... buy a few cheater meals. ..... we are dog a combo of it, as my family,and I cannot handle a tonne of processed foods..... however my kids are over the top of the thought of a meal of pogo dogs, french fries,and salad......
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

My grocery list is pretty small this week, I bought enough at costco in terms of meat to last the full two weeks. And veggies come next wednesday in a box I haven't checked the flyers yet. I could probably use more coffee... can always use more coffee but only on sale. I will probably need cat food this coming week, but since I feed them grain free stuff it's never on sale, but it does last awhile. I get paid Wednesday so I'll wait until then, see where I'm at and then decide. I hate when my pay is a whole week before my rent etc comes out, I always worry something will go wrong even though I have a spreadsheet I keep up to date with everything that comes out.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Haven't seen the No Frills or Shoppers flyer yet but from what I see not too much.Just Fruits and vegetables most likely and milk...always milk!!.

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyetea View Post
    What about what I don't do that saved me the most dolloars and cents? I stopped using shopping as a hobby. Not only did it reduce my spending, it freed up a lot of time to do other things that save money. Now I'm very specific that I shop to fill a need as opposed to an activity in itself.

Has anyone here read The Tightwad Gazette? The author expressed a similar sentiment. A big part of being frugal is not doing things.

I agree.
    I don't go shopping unless I need something specific. Groceries is usually done once a week unless I can't get the items I am looking for and then I might check another day through the week. However, when I go back in the store, I go for that one specific item and get out.

I also don't keep cash in my wallet. If it is there I will spend it and I am less likely to use my credit card or debit card.
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    So now that most of the flyers have been posted or delivered, what's your grocery list looking like this week?
    We don't really need much this week so it will probably just be basic's like Milk, bacon & eggs.
    The only other things I will be picking up will be items for the food bank. Sunlight Laundry Detergent and I think Right Guard Deoderant is on for $1.99 & I have a few $1.50 coupons to use for that.

I wonder if I can really get out of the grocery store with only Milk, bacon & eggs
    That would be a first!
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    I had surgery last saturday. it had been planned for 4 weeks from now, so it was a bit early. My plan is to get food that will / can be easily cooked for th family. we are good on alot of things, but i tend to do compleatly from scratch, so ... I need things that can be cooked by a 20 yr old,and a 15 yr old......lol.... with min prep from me. so I either need to prep stuff on the weekend----- or ..... buy a few cheater meals. ..... we are dog a combo of it, as my family,and I cannot handle a tonne of processed foods..... however my kids are over the top of the thought of a meal of pogo dogs, french fries,and salad......

Hoping you are doing okay!

I don't know if this idea will help you or not, but when my back 'goes out', my 21 year old son really has stepped up. I sit at the kitchen table doing some of the chopping, etc. while he does the cooking at the stove/oven with my direction. He's gotten pretty good at making a stirfry, he can put together a basic casserole, roast a chicken with all the veg so it cooks together, etc.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Great that your surgery is done and over with and you no longer have the up to surgery worries (you know what I mean), hope you heal quickly and good luck with the young adults cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    Crochetlady likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gwennad View Post
    My grocery list is pretty small this week, I bought enough at costco in terms of meat to last the full two weeks. And veggies come next wednesday in a box I haven't checked the flyers yet. I could probably use more coffee... can always use more coffee but only on sale. I will probably need cat food this coming week, but since I feed them grain free stuff it's never on sale, but it does last awhile. I get paid Wednesday so I'll wait until then, see where I'm at and then decide. I hate when my pay is a whole week before my rent etc comes out, I always worry something will go wrong even though I have a spreadsheet I keep up to date with everything that comes out.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Challenge yourself if you can only get the 3 items then treat yourself to something small as you will have ended up saving more....

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher1962 View Post
    We don't really need much this week so it will probably just be basic's like Milk, bacon & eggs.
    The only other things I will be picking up will be items for the food bank. Sunlight Laundry Detergent and I think Right Guard Deoderant is on for $1.99 & I have a few $1.50 coupons to use for that.

I wonder if I can really get out of the grocery store with only Milk, bacon & eggs
    That would be a first!
    dreamcatcher1962 likes this.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Our deli in town has sliced Dutch medium gouda on for $1.19/100grams. I'm over the moon about this - I bought some yesterday and did a trial run of freezing a couple of slices to see if the texture would change. It worked out fabulously, so I'm off to buy more for sure. This same deli has sausage sticks (much like pepperoni sticks) for .16 each...great for kids lunches so I'm buying a bunch of those too. It may put a good dent in our grocery budget for this month but such is life...got to get the rare deals when they surface

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Can the sales get any worse (lol)...geez I think it's 3 for 3

Looks like FreshCo will be my go to store, I'm thinking I might just get it over with tonight, this way the stock should still be pretty good or atleast that is the reason to my madness.

Compliments water (24) $1.97 at FreshCo. (our drinking water is not great and I send these with the kids for their lunches)

Koolaid jammers $1.44 for 10 - $.14 each not bad (will send as a treat for lunches once in a while) - THEY ARE ALSO GREAT FROZEN AS A TREAT!!! AKA SLUSH PUPPIE

Silani cheese slices $1.49 - $1.00 coupon from cheese mag (good on any) = .49 each package pretty good price (lol) - great on burgers to jazz them up

ABC Peanut Butter 1.1KG (I believe $2.44 or something like that - worth a try if they don't like them good enough for baking)

Quaker Dips $1.44 (going to use FREE TROP50 wub3) yeah....my son drinks oj like I drink coffee (way too much)...no complaints here better than some other choice beverages out there.

2x 24 case of Pepsi or coke (big splurge for the upcoming cottage season) I hope they have gingerale too.

Crochetlady and thriftygranny like this.

Loves To Save SimplifiedMommyTips's Avatar
    Trading Score
    260 (100%)

P&G sampler is live.....NOW

http://www.pgbrandsampler.ca/en_CA/?P=
    I missed previous samples, but not this time, thanks.

Loves To Save SimplifiedMommyTips's Avatar
    Trading Score
    260 (100%)

I purchased some veggies from indian stores yesterday 5 zucchinis for a $, 1.5 lbs of red onion for $ some tangerines and 4.99 spinach, however with this week's flyer, planning of buying some grapes for the kids 4/lb , couple of packs of baby bel with coupons and 2 container of Margarine for $1 each.in NF, granola bar and will try PB from Freshco, since the weather is getting warmer, will be going around to find good sale fruits and veggies around the area, my regular walks to lose weight and fresh air for dd.

Page 64 of 90 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 ... LastLast

Thread Information