User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Is it just me?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I swear couponing is becoming harder and harder now. i still find those awesome deals now and then but it seems like there are less coupons out there, is it just me or is it really getting harder?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Yes, it sure has. I was just explaining to hubby last night why our stockpile is so low...
    1. The wording has changed, becoming restrictive to sizes and amounts.
    2. the values are tending toward less money off/only toward multi-buys (I hate the charmin/bounty coupons)
    3. Someone in our area has targeted all the stores as her own personal supply for either a coupon group or ebay... they are up for a day or so and the entire thing is gone.
    4. The sales just aren't happening as often. My tracker from last year was a great sheet every other month... this year it looks like one or 2 great deals every 3. 2 years ago there was a ton of SCOP all month and multiple deals all month.

My stockpile is down to pasta, sauce, salad dressing, cereal, canned milk, shampoo, tooth paste, tooth brushes and razors. That's it. And we lived off it for a month, so the best of each is gone, too.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Agreed. Much harder since I started in the fall of 2010...less coupons, less stacking and way more shelf clearing...
    Patty Smyth likes this.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Exactly why I stopped being a hard core couponer, because I decided it just isn't worth my energy, time and emotions against those who wreck it for the rest. If I see a coupon or two that I can use, I'll put it into my coupon binder for later deals but otherwise just focus more on the flyers and saving that way. I'm almost through laundry detergent and will go back to making my own when that stock is done.

The interesting thing is that, when I stopped trading coupons, suddenly so much time was freed up...my house is cleaner, more baking gets done and we are still able to meet our grocery budget targets.
    Last edited by momof5boys; Fri, Apr 26th, 2013 at 12:58 PM.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I agree. It has gotten so tough that I too have reduced my " hardcore" couponing habits. Not because I want to but because it has become near impossible to even find a coupon tearpad.
    Just call me Wolfie

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I think the worst of it started with the Minute maid juices being free last summer... hoards and hoards of tear pads the week prior, and then it was nearly impossible to find ANY coupons in thei area.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I also think a large chunk of it has come from TV shows which do not even show the real realities of couponing. Everyone thinks you can get anything for free and take coupons that do not get used. As well companies are willing to give a deal but I am sure some of them look at this and go no this is not what the coupons where intended for which is why there is now more restrictive wording as well as not as many coupons released.

WebSaver, Save.Ca and Checkout51 seem to be becoming the more popular options as company can control the coupons.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I agree with you completely!! I get more upset/frusturated. It's not healthy getting upset because coupons dissapear in a day or so. If you are working you need to try and get out before someone takes all of them Wish it was like it used to be
    SFARAZ and momi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tiffanyhungry View Post
    I agree with you completely!! I get more upset/frusturated. It's not healthy getting upset because coupons dissapear in a day or so. If you are working you need to try and get out before someone takes all of them Wish it was like it used to be
    I started couponing 2 years ago, but I m upset/frustrated about stores giving a very bad/neg attitude towards people who uses coupons trying to save some money. I can tell its getting worst......stores are getting more strict policies, I totally can see there are people out that is messing it up for everyone else. on the other hand its not such a big deal if I don't find sudden coupons, for me its more like, if its meant to be yours, then you will get them, if not, then just let it be......everytime I get treated badly at store, I feel like stop couponing, sigh.....but after couples days, I always goes back to it, but if one day, it really hits me big, i will probbably stop for good.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I'm glad companies are changing the wording on coupons. I wish ALL companies would wisen up and realize that couponers (not all) are abusing the coupons that do not specify size restrictions. It's no wonder prices are going up up up. Companies have to recoup their loss because of their lack of wording and people getting extreme overages.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I mostly just use formula and diaper coupons now, which I get maybe once a month. I don't have much luck finding coupons for stuff we use or eat on a day to day basis.
    I do use store coupons for clothing as much as possible since those are always available and get our savings that way.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I don't really see a difference since I started, there always seems to be a good deal for something .. I cant get out to look in the stores for coupons but can generally trade for the ones that I really want. I'm still amazed at the savings we are able to get with coupons & sales
    coupon girl and krysta lynne like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tiffanyhungry View Post
    and if you check ebay people have 15-30 to sell
    For cute kids clothing check
    http://www.zulily.com/invite/sfaraz685

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Couponing has changed in the past year or so - not as many issued, with shorter expiry dates and for smaller amounts. I find that my attitude towards coupons has changed as well. I don't feel as bad when a coupon expires anymore; I was finding that I was buying stuff just because of the "savings". But how much do we actually save when some of the products go to waste?
    abbasgirl, Poirot and momi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I use the occasional coupon now, but I've stopped paying attention to what's out there. It stopped being fun shortly after the Extreme Couponing show came on. I don't have the energy to go around looking for tear pads or hoping that things will be in stock. So I just rely on other methods to save money and I'm a lot happier.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information