• 3 Post By JennyFromTheRock
  • 1 Post By Darth Penguin
  • 6 Post By MillieH
  • 5 Post By Patty Smyth
  • 1 Post By Shirnette
  • 2 Post By CouponingQueen
  • 1 Post By panda bear
  • 1 Post By SmartConsumer

Thread: how much is clearing the shelf????

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Is taking 8 bottles of green works too much?? I left at least 4 bottle to each item, is that to much ?? I dont want be call a shelf clearer !!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That's up to every individual situation. if there's 4 of something left on a shelf and you take all 4, oh well. That's fine. If there's 20 on a shelf and you take 19, that's a little ridiculous. You don't need that many at once.

I think 8 bottles of greenworks is reasonable.
    jasperandchar and Shirnette like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Shelf Clearing Story:

We were buying perennial pansies in the garden center today. They were on sale. We waited patiently as the lady ahead of us chose her pansies. I wanted the one with the funny design. I took one hoping she would move. She saw me. She took the remaining 5 with the funny design (Meanie! I could have used a few more). "Shelf clearing" goes on in the garden centre too.

Name:  5003490718_18901c32b3_z.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  58.3 KB
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sat, May 4th, 2013 at 07:40 PM.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Since Ihave been using coupons I have noticed that when I only see one on the shelf and I know now the deals and coupons available - I know a previous couponer probably came before me at this item and cleared it. That bugs me. I think if you left 4 atleast the next consumer has a few to leave with atleast.
    I always think, if that were me pulling-up to a shelf - how would I feel. Especially if the sale just started, I can some back later..
    coupon girl likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarandme View Post
    Since Ihave been using coupons I have noticed that when I only see one on the shelf and I know now the deals and coupons available - I know a previous couponer probably came before me at this item and cleared it. That bugs me. I think if you left 4 atleast the next consumer has a few to leave with atleast.
    I always think, if that were me pulling-up to a shelf - how would I feel. Especially if the sale just started, I can some back later..
    See, I've thought that too but then I think.. I don't know if one person grabbed all that item. Yes, maybe a couponer was there, but maybe they left 1 or 2 and another couponer grabbed the remaining, or even if its just a great deal another regular shopper did too.
    We never know for sure it was a shelf clearer. We can think it, suspect it, but never really know

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    220 (100%)

How much did you need?
    If the next person takes 4 are they shelf clearer?
    Insane likes this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

8 seems fine to me; if the next person takes all remaining 4, he/she isn't a shelf cleaner either.IMO buying > 10 identical items especially when there's isn't a large supply to start out with is a bit much.
    PammieD likes this.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

8 sounds reasonable. I went to 3 stores the weekend that shoppers had green works on and got 4 of each product ( glass cleaner, all purpose cleaner, toilet cleaner and wipes ) at each, I ended up with 12 of each item, plus got a few extra cans of the wipes too. I go through loads of it, so taking 8 isnt unreasonable at all. I'd go through that many in a month.

There are times I clear shelves though and have no issue with it. If I see a clearance item that I have a coupon for that will make it free I will take as many as i have coupons for. Stores put things on clearance for the purpose of "eliminating" them from a store, they don't want them there and taking them all gives them room. I hand them out to family and friends or donate and share the wealth of it.
    momgoneawol, PammieD and Shirnette like this.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I go by want I need rather than what I want ..If there are 2 left on the shelf and I need them..I will take them.

If there are 20 on the shelf, then I'll take as many as I need plus some spares..but not all of them..

If the next person takes 4 are they shelf clearer?
    no..we can't hold some-one who is innocent of a previous customers' greed to the same standard.
    Shirnette likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

When I shop, I pick up what I go to get. If the store has limits I respect them, if they don't I take as many as I think I will use. In the summer I hang 9 baskets of flowers on my front porch.. I go to the garden centres and find one that I like and then I buy all 9. If they only have 9, yep I take em all.. I am a customer, I have the money to pay, I want the 9 to be the same and I buy them. I don't care that some judgemental person feels the need to call me a shelf clearer. lolll

When I go to buy something and the shelf is empty, I don't think omg a shelf clearing couponer.. I think, darn I should have come earlier.. the early bird(s) get the worms..

When I shop I think of myself as a customer, it doesn't matter if I pay with cash or coupons. This means I buy what I think I will use. Sometimes that means I clear shelves.

to the OP ... A while ago I saw a post where someone was blasted for taking 4 of something. There will always be someone who judges. Do what feels right to you.. if taking 4 feels right to you.. do 4.. if you would have bought 4 at that price before using coupons, buy 4 now.. if you would buy more.. buy more..
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

If there is one left and I take it I have cleared the shelf Yes I have done this

Actually I am with MillieH on this, you snooze you lose. Many times I miss the boat and it's not couponers for the most part it's actually small stores that clear the shelves for themselves. I have seen all kinds, especially at Walmart where they rarely have limits. People with a cart full of toothpaste but you know what they were buying it to send to Haiti. What can you say to that?
    KK7, SFARAZ, Granger and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I know of ppl who do this & then sell the product(business owners).An acquaintance told me he had a vending machine business after I jokingly told him that he is stocking up on cases of pop(ran into him in grocery store).
    panda bear likes this.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Well, I went to Frescho to get the Olay and they had HUGE piles of it in the middle of the aisle. Taking 30 wouldn't even make a dent since they had boxes of it all surrounding it too. I usually just consider how long the sale will continue, the amount of people interested and how many are available. it all really depends on how much there is of an item!
    Patty Smyth and lilo0003 like this.
    My Tradelist and Wishlist

Join the Purell Loyalty Program for easy rewards such as gift cards and coupons!

Get FREE Men's Boxers when 1O friends sign up
    http://www.comfortableboxers.com?kid=55D9S

Trading Score
    97 (100%)

It's definitely not always couponers clearing shelves. I was at Foodland one day and there was pop on sale. I watched a local restaurant owner and his son clear the shelves of all the sale pop. No coupons were involved.
    lilo0003 likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

First come, first serve.
    jkcouponer likes this.

Thread Information