User Tag List

Page 241 of 613 FirstFirst ... 141 191 231 239 240 241 242 243 251 291 341 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 9181
Like Tree19379Likes

Thread: PC Plus Programme

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Ym Yan View Post
    yes,it shows as -.01, when u check the transaction history u will find the 10pts added
    how does this green bag points work?
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Shwa Girl had posted about the green bag program. It relates to using your PC Financial debit or credit card to pay for groceries. The PC Points program (the original loyalty program tied to PC Financial products) with those cards gives 5 cents per bag/bin you bring in to bundle the groceries.

You don't get points otherwise when you BYOBags. I asked at Fortino's.

Hmm, the PC Financial site, when talking about ways to earn PC Points redirects to link for PC Plus points. Bad-PC Points are earned based on dollars spent plus the green bags. PC Plus is based on personalized offers and products with in-store PC Plus offers. Unless there is a merge of both programs into one now? Even in the PC Points legal stuff page, no mention of the green bin/bag 5 cent refund. http://www.pcfinancial.ca/english/le...-points?list=1
    How to earn PC points
    Points are earned as set out in the most current Points rewards earning chart (which is available in the "join and earn"section of the PC points website, or in materials that may be sent to you from time to time). We may change the rewards chart at any time without notice. A detailed summary of your Points transactions for the past 90 days can be viewed at the PC points website.
    Other than as described below, Points earned in connection with joint President’s Choice Financial MasterCard accounts will be credited to the primary (as determined when you opened such joint account) cardholder's Points account. Points earned as a result of debit card (not available in Quebec) purchases at participating stores will be credited to that cardholder's Points account.
    If your Points account is credited with Points on any purchase made with your Account that you subsequently return, your Points account balance will be reduced by the number of Points equivalent to the amount of the refund applied to your Account. If a refund is applied to any one of our Accounts as a result of your returning a purchase that you had acquired with a different product or service (regardless of whether or not that product or service was a President’s Choice Financial product or service), your Points accounts will be reduced by the number of Points equivalent to the amount of the refund applied to your Account.
    applied to any of your Accounts (for instance, subsequent to your having returned a purchase made with a product or service that does not earn Points), your Points account balance will be reduced and may become negative.
    In the event of a dispute about the number of Points earned, redeemed or deducted, our records shall be considered conclusive. You must notify us at 1-866-PC POINTS (727-6468) of any discrepancy within 30 days from the date of the transaction in question. If you do not do so, you will be considered to be in agreement with the number of Points credited to, debited or deducted from, your Points account.
    When awarding Points for purchases using a Card or an Account, we round to the nearest 10-cent increment, and for mortgages we round down to the nearest $1,000 of principal (mortgages are not available in Quebec).
    For offers of multiple Points earnings such as "Earn 5x PC points" the applicable purchase amount is first rounded to the nearest ten-cent increment, then the multiple Points are calculated. For example, if the offer is "Earn 5x PC points with your President’s Choice Financial MasterCard on a $1.99 item purchase", for purposes of Points calculation the purchase price would be rounded to $2.00 and we would award a total of 100 Points ($2 multiplied by 10 Points per dollar multiplied by 5). In this example, the 20 Points you would ordinarily have earned would be added to the "regular Points" shown on your Points statement, while the additional 80 Points would be added to the "bonus Points" shown on your Points statement.
    You may be offered the opportunity to earn Points through other entities associated with, or special promotion from time to time. These terms and conditions, and any additional terms and conditions that accompany any such offer, shall apply unless you are notified otherwise.
    Paging @ShwaGirl -did the 5 cent refund jump the shark Chez Loblaws?
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Shwa Girl had posted about the green bag program. It relates to using your PC Financial debit or credit card to pay for groceries. The PC Points program (the original loyalty program tied to PC Financial products) with those cards gives 5 cents per bag/bin you bring in to bundle the groceries.

You don't get points otherwise when you BYOBags. I asked at Fortino's.

Hmm, the PC Financial site, when talking about ways to earn PC Points redirects to link for PC Plus points. Bad-PC Points are earned based on dollars spent plus the green bags. PC Plus is based on personalized offers and products with in-store PC Plus offers. Unless there is a merge of both programs into one now? Even in the PC Points legal stuff page, no mention of the green bin/bag 5 cent refund. http://www.pcfinancial.ca/english/le...-points?list=1

Paging @ShwaGirl -did the 5 cent refund jump the shark Chez Loblaws?
    So do we get 10 PC Plus points now by using green bags if I just have the PC Plus card(i.e. no PC debit or master card)? Also 10 Points is worth 1 cent. Where is the 5 cents?
    Last edited by a_1_a; Tue, Sep 9th, 2014 at 03:53 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by a_1_a View Post
    So do we get 10 PC Plus points now by using green bags if I just have the PC Plus card(i.e. no PC debit or master card)? Also 10 Points is worth 1 cent. Where is the 5 cents?
    No. Only people with the PC debit/credit card get points - apparently they used to get $0.05 off, now they get 10 points instead.

Anyone with just a PC Plus card (non-financial card) receives nothing - other than not having to pay extra for grocery bags.
    Ciel and Anna Michele like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    No. Only people with the PC debit/credit card get points - apparently they used to get $0.05 off, now they get 10 points instead.

Anyone with just a PC Plus card (non-financial card) receives nothing - other than not having to pay extra for grocery bags.
    So free bags for PC Plus card? If that is true, then everyone will get free bags if you have PC Plus card.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

edited cause i messed up.
    wish i could delete.
    Last edited by anawhatsme; Tue, Sep 9th, 2014 at 07:46 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Ym Yan View Post
    yes,it shows as -.01, when u check the transaction history u will find the 10pts added
    mine doesn't show that.
    also, where i live, it's 50 points.
    i've had to do a points inquiry both times to have the points added to my acct.

all that shows on my receipt is a 2 cent savings.
    (i should add - i have the PC financial card)
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cata View Post
    @highlighted part:

I redeem my points for PC giftcards all the time. Trick is cashier needs to press the button for "PC Plus Points " not "regular points" CSM told this to the cashier who didn't know how to do it and the computer kept saying I din't have any points .
    Tried doing this today with no luck
    Went to the cashier and then to customer service...both kept telling me that PC points can't be redeemed for PC gift cards.
    Ciel and Cata like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by a_1_a View Post
    So free bags for PC Plus card? If that is true, then everyone will get free bags if you have PC Plus card.
    No, I just mean that since you've brought your own bags you don't have to pay for plastic ones.
    Ciel and Anna Michele like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by d.ot View Post
    Went to the cashier and then to customer service...both kept telling me that PC points can't be redeemed for PC gift cards.
    wow funny how every store has their own story, wonder why mine can do it and other stores can't.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cata View Post
    wow funny how every store has their own story, wonder why mine can do it and other stores can't.
    The terms state you can't redeem for them so not much you can do if they won't
    Ciel likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by d.ot View Post
    I have redeemed for PC gift cards without any issue redeeming the points off my PC mastercard..... I have done it at the self check out and the regular check out.

I have had issues redeeming PC points from the plus card....I forget exactly what it was but I had like $50 in points and it was saying I could only redeem $20 - asked them to swipe the MC instead and had no problems
    Ciel, Anna Michele and d.ot like this.
    Collecting Campbell's soup labels for our school RAKs greatly appreciated.
    Using WagJag for great deals!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

^^ I only have the PC plus card - so this would explain why I can't redeem the points for a gift card.
    Might look into their debit/credit cards...but my purchases are so minimal, not sure it's worth it.
    Ciel and luckbealady like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by scrapbookingoasis View Post
    I have redeemed for PC gift cards without any issue redeeming the points off my PC mastercard..... I have done it at the self check out and the regular check out.

I have had issues redeeming PC points from the plus card....I forget exactly what it was but I had like $50 in points and it was saying I could only redeem $20 - asked them to swipe the MC instead and had no problems
    First of all, thank God for this thread ... its coming up to 1 Year, since the program started (in our area), and my wife and I joined shortly thereafter, once we realized the potential of how much we could save by shopping at RCSS / Zehrs.

Today, I just happened to be shopping when I walked into one of those Head Office visits, where 10 - 12 'suits' accompany the Store Mgr around to touch and feel. Not being shy by nature, I dove into the scrum and asked point blank about 'rumours' that we could no longer redeem PCPlus Points for PC Gift Cards.

Without hesitation the Store Mgr confirmed this to be true. I commented that this seemed a strange decision, since one can redeem Pts for all kinds of 3rd Party GCs. To my surprise, the Store Mgr, said "Not any more" !!!

Whaaaaaaaaaaat!!! I recently cashed in 100,000 pts for a $100 LCBO GC, the intent being to treat myself to a pricey bottle of Single Malt , that I would never otherwise consider, and to reward myself for all the hours I spend pouring through flyers, and on SmartCanucks to save a buck or two, by paying attention. Guess I got that one in just in time, eh!!! ... but I digress ...

So let's all agree that confusion reigns supreme in the network of Loblaws affiliated stores about what you can, and cannot do with your PCPlus pts. A year into this program and the learning / training curve is still a work-in-progress. I still have to review each receipt for missing points, and still find some, but fewer than the early days. Progress !!!

After my 100,000pts - $100 LCBO GC redemption, I've managed to work my total back up to 60,000+ pts so guess its time to TEST THE SYSTEM once again. Will try my PC Mastercard double swipe (vs PCPlus Card), and PCPlus Pts button trained cashier for another GC sometime soon. Wish me luck. I'll let ya know how I do.
    lotsasavings, Ciel, lecale and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pointsman View Post
    First of all, thank God for this thread ... its coming up to 1 Year, since the program started (in our area), and my wife and I joined shortly thereafter, once we realized the potential of how much we could save by shopping at RCSS / Zehrs.

Today, I just happened to be shopping when I walked into one of those Head Office visits, where 10 - 12 'suits' accompany the Store Mgr around to touch and feel. Not being shy by nature, I dove into the scrum and asked point blank about 'rumours' that we could no longer redeem PCPlus Points for PC Gift Cards.

Without hesitation the Store Mgr confirmed this to be true. I commented that this seemed a strange decision, since one can redeem Pts for all kinds of 3rd Party GCs. To my surprise, the Store Mgr, said "Not any more" !!!

Whaaaaaaaaaaat!!! I recently cashed in 100,000 pts for a $100 LCBO GC, the intent being to treat myself to a pricey bottle of Single Malt , that I would never otherwise consider, and to reward myself for all the hours I spend pouring through flyers, and on SmartCanucks to save a buck or two, by paying attention. Guess I got that one in just in time, eh!!! ... but I digress ...

So let's all agree that confusion reigns supreme in the network of Loblaws affiliated stores about what you can, and cannot do with your PCPlus pts. A year into this program and the learning / training curve is still a work-in-progress. I still have to review each receipt for missing points, and still find some, but fewer than the early days. Progress !!!

After my 100,000pts - $100 LCBO GC redemption, I've managed to work my total back up to 60,000+ pts so guess its time to TEST THE SYSTEM once again. Will try my PC Mastercard double swipe (vs PCPlus Card), and PCPlus Pts button trained cashier for another GC sometime soon. Wish me luck. I'll let ya know how I do.

Do let us know please. I have their debit card and mastercard. Hopefully their pcfinancial customers can still take advantage of redeeming pts for gift cards.
    Ciel likes this.

Thread Information