User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree321Likes

Thread: Conductors Pls Read - unfair wishlists

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nat77 View Post
    Thanks for posting this! I'm having this issue on my own trains, as well as on the trains by some other conductors.

I'd like to just add, as well, that it is a HUGE pet peeve of mine as a conductor that when a rider sends me an unreasonable wishlist and I email them back citing which coupons are unicorns or have expired.... DON"T write me back arguing about how every single coupon is valid because your brother's friend's cousin's girlfriend called the company---just add some more coupons by looking at the 2013 Scan thread or at the other wishlists already posted.

I admit that I haven't been as pro-active as I could be in making sure all wishlists have atleast 30 easy to find coupons, mainly because underneith my y exterior, I'm a bit sensitive and I don't like the back lash from certain riders.... but I will be from now on

In fact.... I think I have a new train idea coming on.....
    Please save me a seat and I'll ride I like specific train and different trains with new ideas epecially when they alow me to think about what i RRRLF (pumpkin's trains) and work on my wishlist
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Thanks for posting this! I'm having this issue on my own trains, as well as on the trains by some other conductors.

I'd like to just add, as well, that it is a HUGE pet peeve of mine as a conductor that when a rider sends me an unreasonable wishlist and I email them back citing which coupons are unicorns or have expired.... DON"T write me back arguing about how every single coupon is valid because your brother's friend's cousin's girlfriend called the company---just add some more coupons by looking at the 2013 Scan thread or at the other wishlists already posted.

I admit that I haven't been as pro-active as I could be in making sure all wishlists have atleast 30 easy to find coupons, mainly because underneith my y exterior, I'm a bit sensitive and I don't like the back lash from certain riders.... but I will be from now on

Ouuuu I'm def looking out for this!
    chesterjes and Anna Michele like this.
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Interesting you should post this. I haven't ridden any VWTs for a while and when I recently decided I would like to ride again I was astounded by some of the wish lists posted. I live in an area where I can usually find a wide variety of coupons quite readily, and I am very willing to share generously, but I was depressed enough by what a number of riders were looking for at 1 or 2 points on a 3 point train, that I decided I had better "stay off the tracks". I'll keep watching the train section, though, to see where I might fit in....
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    Interesting you should post this. I haven't ridden any VWTs for a while and when I recently decided I would like to ride again I was astounded by some of the wish lists posted. I live in an area where I can usually find a wide variety of coupons quite readily, and I am very willing to share generously, but I was depressed enough by what a number of riders were looking for at 1 or 2 points on a 3 point train, that I decided I had better "stay off the tracks". I'll keep watching the train section, though, to see where I might fit in....
    I feel like a lot of riders list their coupons in too low of a category too. Like if I reaaaally want a certain coupon, I bump it to 3 points. Even if it's only worth $0.50. I did it with BD cheese for a while, and guess what, I got what I wished for! The way I see it is, if a rider can fulfill my 3 points by sending in a $0.75 coupon, they probably will! Even if it's one they're also LF. And call ins, IMO, should never be in the one point category even if it's worth $0.50. Just cause it *is* still a bit more "rare" or at the least, requires a bit more work to obtain.

That being said, I'm not easily offended so I don't usually have a problem with WL, even small ones. I just unfortunately often end up sending stamps instead
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Great post! Being a newbie, I read the train threads constantly but most times I can only fulfill a few riders so I stay off the tracks. Even the trade WL's are out of my league at times! Thanks for watching out for everyone, Fallen! Mama always said life wasn't fair, but it should be on SC!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    652 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    I know it wasn't directed at anyone specific, pix I'm glad to see this post, I've seen some crazy wish lists!!
    Thanks too for this remind, I have long time without ride a train and trying to post regular coupons in WL. If other rider don't find any on my WL I am open to find something in their TL instead of stamps. Who traded with me know I am flexible, but many people keep HV coupons even in their count as 1 list.

Hope this tread help to new riders to build an easy find list.

Thanks again
    TL & WL : http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/399761-...hicken-canada/

LF $4 Genie Diaper REfill, $5,$10,$15 of any Similac or a Similac Mom, $5 Glucerna,

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

I totally agree with you thats why I also haven't been able to ride these types of trains and mostly because I can't find good coupons. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Mskittyandbigboy View Post
    Great post! Being a newbie, I read the train threads constantly but most times I can only fulfill a few riders so I stay off the tracks. Even the trade WL's are out of my league at times! Thanks for watching out for everyone, Fallen! Mama always said life wasn't fair, but it should be on SC!

Trading Score
    390 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    Please save me a seat and I'll ride I like specific train and different trains with new ideas epecially when they alow me to think about what i RRRLF (pumpkin's trains) and work on my wishlist
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronwen View Post
    Ouuuu I'm def looking out for this!
    I'll definitely save you two seats on the next one! The train has already left the station. I had decided to do a train with a minimum of 20 Easy To Find coupons on every wishlist, but I think on the next one, I will bump it up to 30. Some people "got it" and added on lots of easy to find coupons onto their wishlists---others didn't and just rearranged their wl's a bit. I had a bit of a rude awakening myself when going through my own wishlist trying to find the Easy coupons.

Hats off to KK7 who submitted a completely Kick*!! wishlist on my train. I started to fill it last night and she's getting a ton of coupons from me.......which got me remembering the good old days (way back in 2011 ) when people had easier wishlists and sending 5, 6 or 7 coupons per person was the norm. Just because you have an easier wishlist doesn't mean you are going to get crappy coupons. I see it all of the time! People will still give you your "counts as 2 or 3 coupon" but then they will throw in a few more "counts as 1" as extras if you have them listed. Maybe we should all start going back to that..... Maybe we all just feel a little insecure with our own wishlists?? and don't want to be the first one to list the more common coupons on them.
    Last edited by nat77; Fri, May 24th, 2013 at 07:02 AM.
    KK7, thatdarncat, hijinx25 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I know lots say to discuss with them if you can't find coupons they want but a lot of people also feel uncomfortable doing so too.

Personally, I am more likely to give extra coupons to those who have followed the rules, esp for reg coupons they are RRRLF I will send extras of them bc if they have them at 3pts they prolly want them more than me
    Jezebel, leymi15, DianneS and 4 others like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    303 (100%)

I'll definitely save you two seats on the next one! The train has already left the station. I had decided to do a train with a minimum of 20 Easy To Find coupons on every wishlist, but I think on the next one, I will bump it up to 30. Some people "got it" and added on lots of easy to find coupons onto their wishlists---others didn't and just rearranged their wl's a bit. I had a bit of a rude awakening myself when going through my own wishlist trying to find the Easy coupons.

Hats off to KK7 who submitted a completely Kick*!! wishlist on my train. I started to fill it last night and she's getting a ton of coupons from me.......which got me remembering the good old days (way back in 2011 ) when people had easier wishlists and sending 5, 6 or 7 coupons per person was the norm. Just because you have an easier wishlist doesn't mean you are going to get crappy coupons. I see it all of the time! People will still give you your "counts as 2 or 3 coupon" but then they will throw in a few more "counts as 1" as extras if you have them listed. Maybe we should all start going back to that..... Maybe we all just feel a little insecure with our own wishlists?? and don't want to be the first one to list the more common coupons on them.
    i completely agree! i used to give extras as i could but am finding it hard just to get the minimum and a lot of times i am giving up coupons that i have waited long and hard to get and just like that they are gone just to fulfill the wishlists.

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

I try to keep my wish list reasonable and varied. I am always lookin for lower value coupons because there are rarely any coupons out around here. I am gla to see this posted. There are a couple of riders that I always have to send stamps to. A couple of things really drive me crazy....having an outdated list( seriously people...4.00 off beef wub old El Paso is gone!)....and 1 point lists that look like this:

Counts as 1:

toaster strudel
    cheemo
    heinz ketchup
    alphaghetti
    5.00 and up on Huggies
    pizza pops
    etc

It really doesn't work in someone's favour to have an unrealistic list because I will absolutely not send you a 3 point coupon if I can help it. I will send it to the rider with the more reasonable list.
    Last edited by Jody22002; Sun, May 26th, 2013 at 12:44 AM.

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

My biggest pet peeve is when you see something like:
    Bush Beans BUT NOT INSERT (and as far as *most* of us know the insert coupon is the only one out there)

I try to update my wishlist on a regular basis and when I RRRR want a coupon--I reflect that in how I value it.

I am confused by wishlists that have nothing less than $1 on the "count as 1" section. Not a .75/.50 wish to be had.

Also, I would just like to mention that the $3 Purex coupon is expired.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

Looking out for this train! Reserve me a seat!!

Ack!!! Reserve me a spot on the NEXT one! LOL

To the original post - thank you for the kind reminder. To be honest, I don't know if my WL is fair or not - no one has told me otherwise and I've always received my coupons with the occasional stamp. I have come across wishlists that are vague, limited and what I would think are unfair (eg. call ins as 1 point coupons, FPCs under 1 pt and 2 pt categories, HV/rare coupons in 1 pt category, etc.). In those cases, I actually right down what I've had to give up - a HV or FPC or call in so that I remember when I get my train back and it's never even - I get multiples of the same 50 cent mini eggo coupons, LOL. Which is fine because I *want* that coupon, but when I'm giving a $3 call in for Aveeno, it doesn't seem to "match up".

Having said that, I hope that conductors and riders know that I am very approachable and easy to ride with and if at any time my wishlist seems unreasonable, to please let me know and I will make every effort to add more wishes or increase the value of some coupons.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

are you crazy!!! you have a AWESOME wishlist - you have many easy to find tearpads on your WL - I think in the last few trains you and I have been on together you got several coupons over and above the 3pts ** heads up just in case you haven't gotten them back yet **

Quote Originally Posted by hijinx25 View Post
    I hope that conductors and riders know that I am very approachable and easy to ride with and if at any time my wishlist seems unreasonable, to please let me know and I will make every effort to add more wishes or increase the value of some coupons.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

I think my biggest pet peeve is this on someones WL

** I don't know everything that is out there ** hmmm I take a lot of time to do the scan thread so this should not be said, granted not every coupon out there is on it but it is a good start and I think for a lot of us we all know where to find that thread **

$1 Cheemo perogies IMO should not be in anyone's count as 1 - this is a RARE coupon and almost a unicorn, it was from a demo rep in 2011/12 inside a booklet
    $1 Classico is a UNICORN as well, yes I know it exist but really how many of us have actually found it!
    $0.55 Mann's / $1 El Monterey / $1 Marc Angelo --> are call ins

Peelies are another pet peeve of mine, a lot of these are not easy to find, not every province gets them - i.e. $2 Johnsonville Sausage peelie - I have seen them come in on my trains but never have I ever seen a Johnsonville peelie of any amount here in Winnipeg
    Last edited by Peachykeen2007; Sun, May 26th, 2013 at 02:23 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information