User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: The horrible things some people do to save money (maybe)

Trading Score
    67 (100%)

So I bought a bottle of Johnson's baby wash from Walmart the other day and I bring it home and go to put it away only to realize the lid feels a little slimy. I open the lid to find that a tiny part of the safety seal has been lifted. Upon further inspection I realize that the consistency of the baby wash seems off. Kind of watery, especially near the top.

Did someone really buy this product, take it home and pour half of it out for themselves and then fill it up with water and return it to walmart?!?!?!? Mind blown.

I'm so grossed out at the thought of someone possibly doing something so despicable; especially to a baby product!

Now I realize that maybe someone could have opened it up in the store and sneakily lifted the lid and who knows maybe air magically got in through the plastic lid and messed with the consistency or something. But probably not. I'm all about saving money but this is not the way to do it!

I should have checked the bottle before we left the store but our hands were all full with products bc we didn't think we needed a cart and I was looking for a basket and of course one was nowhere to be found. On top of that the baby was screaming his head off and we were just trying to get out of there as fast as humanly possible lol.

Now I have to go back to walmart and return this tampered with product. Oh and after looking at my receipt I realized I was over charged for it anyway, it was supposed to be on sale but rang up at reg price. I guess that's my silver lining lol. At least I get my money back :-S

Thanks for reading!
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Walmart
    vesper likes this.

Curious what all the hype is about SWAGBUCKS? It's the b
    est online program ever! Send me a message if you have any questions or want to learn more.
    Join here:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kylesmamma

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Maybe they just wanted to see what it smelled it like(even though it's smelt the same for years so I'm not sure how someone couldn't know what it smells like)?
    Doesn't surprise me at all though. Walmart is horrible for open products. I went to get shampoo the other day and the display was covered in shampoo. Can't wait till Target opens up down the street from me so I can shop there instead of Walmart.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

And the worse is that they might actually accuse you of doing that ! So you end up paying for someone's mistake !

I have seen people opening strawberry boxes , kiwi boxes and other fruits plastic container's ..and putting a few extra fruits from other boxes ! ..at grocery stores.

I mean really ??

Now not only you are getting extra fruits yourself , you have spoiled 2-3 other boxes too and someone else is now getting less , plus your filthy hands are in those boxes !

I see this all the time when it comes to plastic container's with strawberries , blueberries etc
    Candini likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Maybe they just wanted to see what it smelled it like(even though it's smelt the same for years so I'm not sure how someone couldn't know what it smells like)?
    Doesn't surprise me at all though. Walmart is horrible for open products. I went to get shampoo the other day and the display was covered in shampoo. Can't wait till Target opens up down the street from me so I can shop there instead of Walmart.
    Target is just a cleaner , well organised and more expensive version of WM.

So the best thing to do is to PM a WM flyer at Target ..so you get best if both the worlds

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Where I used to work, people used to buy shampoo bottles, empty them out, fill them with water and return them. So yes, I can say for almost certain that someone probably did that.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Well, that's just icky!
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

That is horrible. I have bought products that spilled in the bag but thought somehow cap got loose or something and didn't want to go back to return the item but never realized people actually do this kind of stuff purposely.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Seriously? That's just gross and ballsy of them.
    Just call me Wolfie

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

wow i'm checking my bottles from now on
    torontogal12 likes this.
    Search and earn rewards today
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/newbieams

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Now on, I am also checking the bottles before I buy... just have to remember!

On a side note... I now remember seeing something like that! The other day... I was at Freshco and one person was looking through boxes of crackers in the bin when I passed her. Then I heard cracking noise so I turned back and she was *literally* opening packages and trying out the crackers! It was so disgusting! I just felt like telling her to buy the rest of the box - now that she has opened it.

I have taught my kids that if they have to eat something when we are shopping, I will either pay for it first or they can have from the package that I will definitely buy for them!

Anyhow... it was not comfortable to see the same lady at checkout right behind me with none of those crackers in her cart!
    xox2010 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Ick! Call a stock boy. This was an episode of What Would you Do. The lady was trying out Listerine, toothbrushes and deodorant in the store and then putting it back on the shelf!! Most people went to get the store owner. To me, that's shifting. It's one thing to smell the fruit to see if it's good, but actually eat it and put it back on the shelves??

Grossss the things ppl will do. OP, I really hope that someone just opened it to smell it, and that the product had just gone bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by online View Post
    Now on, I am also checking the bottles before I buy... just have to remember!

On a side note... I now remember seeing something like that! The other day... I was at Freshco and one person was looking through boxes of crackers in the bin when I passed her. Then I heard cracking noise so I turned back and she was *literally* opening packages and trying out the crackers! It was so disgusting! I just felt like telling her to buy the rest of the box - now that she has opened it.

I have taught my kids that if they have to eat something when we are shopping, I will either pay for it first or they can have from the package that I will definitely buy for them!

Anyhow... it was not comfortable to see the same lady at checkout right behind me with none of those crackers in her cart!
    xox2010 likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I caught someone at No Frills stick her fingers in the margarine tub, put it her mouth and then put the tub back on the shelf. I told the stock person and they made her buy the tub.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    I caught someone at No Frills stick her fingers in the margarine tub, put it her mouth and then put the tub back on the shelf. I told the stock person and they made her buy the tub.
    That is beyond disgusting. I'm glad you spoke up. I'd be furious if I had bought that container. I will never understand why people do stuff like this.

I usually grab a container from near the back. If its perishable, those tend to be the later dates too. And I do check my containers that don't have safety seals. I do get looks sometimes but the looks go away when I seal it and put it in my basket or cart.
    xox2010 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I once saw a man touch all the bread loafs in the bakery shop, totally disgusting.
    xox2010 likes this.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

once in the deodorant aisle in walmart, there was a tween smelling one of the deodorants. An old lady came up and started to yell at her that people are supposed to buy that and she shouldn't open them unless she was going to get them. I was taken aback and said "she wants to know what a deodorant smells like before she uses it!" that shut her up
    xox2010 likes this.
    My Tradelist and Wishlist

Join the Purell Loyalty Program for easy rewards such as gift cards and coupons!

Get FREE Men's Boxers when 1O friends sign up
    http://www.comfortableboxers.com?kid=55D9S

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information