User Tag List

Page 288 of 390 FirstFirst ... 188 238 278 286 287 288 289 290 298 338 388 ... LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 5850
Like Tree42956Likes

Thread: Christmas In July Package Train!!! Read Post 3242!!! (pg 217)

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mimzy71 View Post
    Thanks. DD and I had a lot of fun putting the packages together. Stinks that someone would take advantage like that. Will certainly not deter me from participating again and so glad that no one was left without a package to open. Thanks to everyone who was on the ball to look after replacing a missing package so quickly. You all are great!
    So glad. Words cannot express how I feel about your packages being unappreciated in the thread (well....there are words...but not ones that will make it past the censoring....)

I'm glad that this won't deter you from joining again

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Voted!
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Hi All! I seemed to have forgotten to sign out again. Was too tired yesterday after the gym to even log on. I see some comments there about commute times...mine is 10 minutes. I start at 8:30 and leave home a few minutes before 7 as Melissa drops and picks me up. That might be changing soon as she had an amazing job interview today. Sooo if she gets that job I will have to drive myself, park, walk a far distance to my elevator, etc. My workplace has parking issues so I would probably need to leave about 7:45am which I DON'T like because I LOVE my sleep. Ahh well. '

If she gets that job I will tell you all about it. Don't want to jinx it right now. We haven't heard anything from Matthew again, but he's coming home midnight tomorrow so I don't expect to. So excited to see him. Anyhoo..I need to catch up, hope y'all had a wonderful day!

Smart Canuck Norma Mackay-Rempel's Avatar
    Trading Score
    154 (100%)

I am short too....I am 5 feet 1" tall and my hubby is 6" 3" tall! lol

Quote Originally Posted by NickiB View Post
    Pick me up on the way... I may be short and small, but I'm freakishly strong.. I would be great back-up in setting those a$$holes straight!
    Nicki that is priceless! I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by NickiB View Post
    OM Goodness Cowgirlmama.. your post made me lol.. Kinda a funny thing.. many years ago while I was still married I found out my husband took another woman ( I use that term loosely) on a snowmobiling trip with a group of his friends. Needless to say I found out a couple of hours before he returned, and myself with a couple of girls from the office staked out her house to verify. Sure enough, truck pulls up out front with both of them... Before they had a chance to get out, I ran to his window to confront them, and they were so shocked they refused to open up. So.. proud moment here.. I used the hammer I grabbed from the office before heading out to smash in the window and said they were explaining themselves whether they liked it or not.

Anyways.. in honour of that, when I returned to work the next day, I was gifted with a whole new business card that had nothing to do with travel... we each had one and I still keep mine in my desk as a reminder to never let someone run me down, or treat me like crap again.. you might get a chuckle..

Attachment 185237

So is honey wine good? What is your verdict? Never tried it....
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlmama04 View Post
    That sounds like a great idea, I even have a little treat in my fridge. I found Honey wine at the local farmers market from a local winery can't wait to try it out.

Oh Anna Michele, you were one of my very first friends here on SC and what you said was amazing thank you....! You are the best! I know you were talking to all of us but that still meant a lot to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    I started off stalking this train as I was riding the book exchange package train, and I spoke up when I had something to say and liked the posts I agreed with, I'm not much of a talker more of listener I did follow through every post I cried when you cried I felt when you felt, and I loved when you all loved..... this is a perfect example of the reason the SC communtiy is a major part of my life. THere have been people feeling left out and not as well known as others that may have ridden other train together or may have even met in person, and this may be why I don't always speak up especially when its a personal matter and my opinion maybe out of place, but I see many of these ladies haven't met and are planning a meet as I have met a few SCer;s and have become great friends with them even this that I have not met. I try not to ever feel any way and not take anything to personally, on that note
    I can't believe someone would take advantage of another person, or say bad words to someone going through personal termoil, but it does not surprise me in the least that these lovely ladies stepped up and spoke out when thigns need ed to be said to make another woman remember how important she is and that went out of their way to makes thing right as to not leave anyone out.
    I love all you generous and loving ladies evne if we have never spoken know that I am thinking of you and am always here if you need to talk xoxoxoxox
    Share! But how????
    Quote Originally Posted by coyote00 View Post
    I still have some milk duds left but they are almost gone . Whatever shall I do.
    Jezebel, Melissa13, NickiB and 7 others like this.
    Join me in earning Gift Cards with Swagbucks!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/lnrempel

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

Armygirl76, so sorry to hear all that you went through Somebody pick me up too... I have some ass kicking to do! Pfft...

CLB, oh no.... I'm sorry your buddy never sent you anything If I had known, I would have loved to help put a pkg together for you too! You and your girls are wonderful!

Subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly VLOG updates on deals, couponing, & price matching. Happy couponing!
    www.youtube.com/user/SavvyCouponingMomJ

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

Ok so I was a lil nosy and figured out who didn't send CLB a package and who also got her pkg... Shame on her! This is beyond sad and ridiculous but I'm not surprised this happened. She's done this before on tons of trades and trains. I just hope health wise that she's ok. Nonetheless, not fair what she did... Got free stuff basically and Ive totally lost trust in her as a result because there seems to be a pattern.

So sorry that CLB had to suffer (thank goodness to the pkg fairies!) and mimzy whose pkg to this person was not appreciated or acknowledged.

Subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly VLOG updates on deals, couponing, & price matching. Happy couponing!
    www.youtube.com/user/SavvyCouponingMomJ

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

I would have sent CLB something too had I known.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwennad View Post
    Wow! I wish I had known, I would have sent something too! Not fair that someone sends a great package and gets nothing in return.

Trading Score
    154 (100%)

I have a little story to tell. I have a lady that I talk to quite frequently at the post office she came in on Monday and I noticed that she had a rash that looked suspiciously like shingles on her shoulder and I didn't know how to tell her. She finally noticed that I was looking at it and then she showed me her other places that she had the rash. She said it can't be a spider bite can it. I said no I don't think so. I really think you need to go to the doctor I believe you have shingles. She goes no really. I said yes really. She phoned me today and thanked me profusely for catching we are hoping early enough that indeed she had shingles. She goes to the doctor and says I think I have shingles my postmistress says so. lol Doctor says yup you have shingles!

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Norma Mackay-Rempel View Post
    I have a little story to tell. I have a lady that I talk to quite frequently at the post office she came in on Monday and I noticed that she had a rash that looked suspiciously like shingles on her shoulder and I didn't know how to tell her. She finally noticed that I was looking at it and then she showed me her other places that she had the rash. She said it can't be a spider bite can it. I said no I don't think so. I really think you need to go to the doctor I believe you have shingles. She goes no really. I said yes really. She phoned me today and thanked me profusely for catching we are hoping early enough that indeed she had shingles. She goes to the doctor and says I think I have shingles my postmistress says so. lol Doctor says yup you have shingles!
    I'm so glad you told her to go get it checked out. There's only a 72 hour window to get on the anti-viral drugs, and then there isn't a lot they can do after if you miss that window. If left too long they can cause life long problems (constant stabbing pain, light sensitivity, nerve damage, etc.).

I've had it twice and have been lucky to catch it in the first three days both times, but it was still really painful. I'm getting my shingles shot in the fall. I don't want it a third time.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Trading Score
    272 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Trinimoneysaver View Post
    I would have sent CLB something too had I known.
    Me too, CLB, I actually have something packed away with you in mind that I picked up in the States a few weeks ago. Saw it, figured some day down the road I might end up with you as a package buddy!

Ok ladies.. past my bedtime, nodding off over here so I guess I should call it a night..

"See" ya'll in the morning!

Trading Score
    154 (100%)

He put her on the drugs right away and she says that she is feeling better, still hurts but better. One was appearing while we were talking so I think we got it in time. She went right away on Monday. Her husband got the shingles shot today boy it isn't very cheap but well worth it to not get it though if it is preventable. Yeah, I figured it was better her knowing than not knowing I can hardly believe how many people seen her and didn't say anything to her even a retired nurse.

Quote Originally Posted by K8's Fate View Post
    I'm so glad you told her to go get it checked out. There's only a 72 hour window to get on the anti-viral drugs, and then there isn't a lot they can do after if you miss that window. If left too long they can cause life long problems (constant stabbing pain, light sensitivity, nerve damage, etc.).

I've had it twice and have been lucky to catch it in the first three days both times, but it was still really painful. I'm getting my shingles shot in the fall. I don't want it a third time.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    158 (100%)

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373600277.664753.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  37.8 KB
    This sounds like a supper of champions, would go really well with my honey wine, if I had any left . I am feeling no pain, now I have to wait till next Weds to get some more.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Wow! I am stunned and speechless - miss a day - miss a lot. Jeez, where do I start?

Norma - I'm so sad that you were sad yesterday. I think you are an awesome person and I too am very sensitive to other's feelings and I'm sorry you felt left out. I am also a newbie to these package trains and I also enjoy reading about everyone's day and trials and tribulations. I too feel somewhat "overlooked" at times when I post up random chatter. I realize not everyone wants to comment on everything, so I try not to let it get to me. I did post up a question one day in this thread about something eating my tomato plants and my swiss chard in my garden and wanted advice since it looks like there are a few green thumbs riding. No one responded. Not ONE response.

CLB - I am soo happy you received a package. I am appalled that your buddy didn't send one. Had I known I would have pitched in to contribute to your package too.

K8's Fate - Not sure what I missed, sorry you were sad yesterday - hope you feel better hun.

Dlee - Hope you are doing better today

MeShell - Congrats on your little bundle of joy! Can't wait to see pictures.

Armygirl - I am heartbroken for what you are going through. If these "people" truly cared, they would be so happy you are well enough to go out and get some fresh air and spend time with your family. I am at a loss...
    Melissa13, NickiB, mimzy71 and 9 others like this.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

well for tomatoes I am apparently no help as I have watered my tomatoes this year up til the week-end and last year with a SEALED bottle of Miracle Grow and only realized last week-end when I removed the lid when taking the hose attachment off and saw the sealed remove me now tab...FML
    Last edited by Jezebel; Fri, Jul 12th, 2013 at 12:11 AM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Oh my! I read that cut up cucumbers in a foil tin placed in the garden emits an unpleasant smell that slugs do not like. Hoping this works as I don't want to put pesticides on my food.

Thread Information