User Tag List

Page 43 of 117 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 ... LastLast
Like Tree7794Likes

Thread: Frugal June Bugs - Frugal Chatter continued

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Not sure where you are located, but I have seen them locally in Metro.
    Thanks for your reply.
    I am in NS and unfortunately we don't have a Metro here.
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

Dh & I just got back from getting groceries and got a few good deals today.
    I hope you don't mind me posting a small brag in this section

Picked up 4 Free Kraft BBQ Sauce at NF (Thanks to YOU AND ME for the Kraft Coupons, mom's going to pick some up today as well with one of those coupons)

Picked up 4 Vegetable Cheese Balls (340 g) at Superstore Regular $7.29 on clearance for .99 each
    They were getting close to expiry June 16th so I am sure that's why they were so cheap, but into the freezer 2 of them went. We're taking 1 to mom and dad's tonight.

Also got 4 Old Spice Aerosol Deodorant at WM 1.97- $3 wub 2 = .47 each (Church Ladies project).
    Forgot to p/u my Kraft Salad Dressing at WM so will have to pick that up later this week.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with todays shopping
    Have a great day everyone !
    Last edited by dreamcatcher1962; Sat, Jun 8th, 2013 at 11:43 AM.
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

We went to the nursing home to take dh's mom to the "Garden Party" there. She hasn't been outside since last spring. She's had a hard year. They had a local songstress who managed to engage everyone in singing and dancing and having fun. They also had an antique car display and a bbq as well as draws for gift bags, etc. She had so much fun! She was singing along and had a hotdog and cupcake. Last summer she was on a downward spiral but she has managed to perk up although her body is now quite compromised. My dh and I even had a dance on the grass. But now I'm pooped and I'd like to go out to pick up a few deals. We did support the home with a few draw entries. (All to a good cause.)
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I wandered into fields today. Shocker of shockers i found our favourite hot sauce there - its usually harder to find as the only other palce ive found it is certain sobeys down south. I snatched up 4 as I dont know when we will find them again. No coupons though. Also Grabbed some candy.

I've done REALLY WELL the last 2 weeks with only 2 pop per week. I haven't gone over - thus havent had to pay my self enforced fine - and with not buying pop i seem to have stopped purchasing chips as well! But the lower number of pops has made my snacks and entertainment budget stay lower.

I took $60 out of my account last night for Allowance for the boys ($5 each this 1st week of this and its gone very well - fewer fights about picking up after themselves), a treat at the midway for the 4 of us, 15 dollars spending money for the coupon piggy bank and 19 dollars for my 52 week savings challenge and then we gave the boys some extra money for treats or games this afternoon at the midway. the boys allowance is coming from me as it was my idea and its been in hopes that they wont resent us (especially me) having expectations of them cleaning up after themselves and doing as asked...when at the other house there isnt that expectation from their mom.

I spent this morning clicking with clixsense, neobux and re-vampng/updating my resume. I have an interview next week for a government position and I'm so excited. I also made sure i located my criminal record check from last fall, my certifications and certificates. I want to look organized and on the ball for the interview. I then moved several boxes of paperwork from my old business to the shed for storage rather than sticking them back under the bed. They aren't needed in the house.
    Last edited by saundyl; Sat, Jun 8th, 2013 at 04:59 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Inquiring minds want to know

What do you do for reading material and what do you do with it when you are done? Do you buy? Borrow from a friend or a library? Magazines? Books? Ebooks? when you're done do you pass them on? return them? keep them for another time?

I get books at the corner store outside there is a shelf where people put their gently used books and people can take them for free. This is closed during the winter of course so I stock up all summer long. When done I either return the book to the shelf at the store or I pass along to some of the ladies at my coupon group
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher1962 View Post
    Dh & I just got back from getting groceries and got a few good deals today.
    I hope you don't mind me posting a small brag in this section

Picked up 4 Free Kraft BBQ Sauce at NF (Thanks to YOU AND ME for the Kraft Coupons, mom's going to pick some up today as well with one of those coupons)

Picked up 4 Vegetable Cheese Balls (340 g) at Superstore Regular $7.29 on clearance for .99 each
    They were getting close to expiry June 16th so I am sure that's why they were so cheap, but into the freezer 2 of them went. We're taking 1 to mom and dad's tonight.

Also got 4 Old Spice Aerosol Deodorant at WM 1.97- $3 wub 2 = .47 each (Church Ladies project).
    Forgot to p/u my Kraft Salad Dressing at WM so will have to pick that up later this week.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with todays shopping
    Have a great day everyone !
    Brag Away, I love a good brag (lol)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    We went to the nursing home to take dh's mom to the "Garden Party" there. She hasn't been outside since last spring. She's had a hard year. They had a local songstress who managed to engage everyone in singing and dancing and having fun. They also had an antique car display and a bbq as well as draws for gift bags, etc. She had so much fun! She was singing along and had a hotdog and cupcake. Last summer she was on a downward spiral but she has managed to perk up although her body is now quite compromised. My dh and I even had a dance on the grass. But now I'm pooped and I'd like to go out to pick up a few deals. We did support the home with a few draw entries. (All to a good cause.)
    ------------------what a wonderful way to spend an afternoon!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    I wandered into fields today. Shocker of shockers i found our favourite hot sauce there - its usually harder to find as the only other palce ive found it is certain sobeys down south. I snatched up 4 as I dont know when we will find them again. No coupons though. Also Grabbed some candy.

I've done REALLY WELL the last 2 weeks with only 2 pop per week. I haven't gone over - thus havent had to pay my self enforced fine - and with not buying pop i seem to have stopped purchasing chips as well! But the lower number of pops has made my snacks and entertainment budget stay lower.

I took $60 out of my account last night for Allowance for the boys ($5 each this 1st week of this and its gone very well - fewer fights about picking up after themselves), a treat at the midway for the 4 of us, 15 dollars spending money for the coupon piggy bank and 19 dollars for my 52 week savings challenge and then we gave the boys some extra money for treats or games this afternoon at the midway. the boys allowance is coming from me as it was my idea and its been in hopes that they wont resent us (especially me) having expectations of them cleaning up after themselves and doing as asked...when at the other house there isnt that expectation from their mom.

I spent this morning clicking with clixsense, neobux and re-vampng/updating my resume. I have an interview next week for a government position and I'm so excited. I also made sure i located my criminal record check from last fall, my certifications and certificates. I want to look organized and on the ball for the interview. I then moved several boxes of paperwork from my old business to the shed for storage rather than sticking them back under the bed. They aren't needed in the house.
    Congrats on reducing your pop consumption you are doing awesome. Great news on the boys helping around the house & allowance , I hope the boys appreciate your efforts and rewarding them with cash. Good luck next week with the interview, what department?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Evening Ladies, my internet has been down since late Thursday and I have been in frugal chatter withdrawal literally, I look so forward to all the fantastic post and questions and company from you great group of gals. The boys each had a friend over today so I decided to scrub and scrub the stairs and landing going downstairs. My armpits are still bothering and such but life must go on it's not like they can open up anymore than they already are....So tomorrow I am going to restain the staircase much needed to be done for well over a year and dh has not time (sigh). Hope you all have a relaxing evening.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

goodluck jasperand char with the restaining-well I never made it to the mall today-too busy managed to sell a mirror on kijiji for 10.00-yep extra cash is always good

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Good evening ladies!! We have had a very busy day, we are trying to get a big back built before our kids birthdays. The dh took the week off and it's him and I building it up!!

tomorrow I have to get some of the iams, I have listed some friends and family to hit up loblaws and get me some more dog food!! I also will be hitting up walmart and try and find some of the $.01 gift sets that are popping up in the brag section.

hope you all have great weekends too!
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

What a day!! We had our street garage sale. I wasn't going to do it because we didn't have a lot of stuff, but in the end I figured, why not? I wasn't paying for advertising or anything (condo board was!). Hubby decided to sell his music collection (300+cds). Because of that we made nearly $125! Took my daughter to her group camp and then splurged and got subway for everyone for lunch. The rest will be going towards our couch fund! Almost there!

Took the baby to the walk-in clinic and sure enough he has another ear infection. Went to SDM to get it filled (yeah drug coverage!) and decided to do my redemption. I really hadn't planned this out well. I didn't have a list or anything, so I could have done better. I was going to back later, but I noticed they had both diapers AND milk in stock still (I figured since I wouldn't get there until later neither would be in stock). So Carpe Diem and I did my shop. I know won't need to buy diapers for like 6+months! LOL I don't know how I'll rebuild my points if I'm not buying diapers!

Then I went and did groceries. I can't seem to get my grocery budget under control. Spent nearly $250. I really need to shop without kids (which is hard cause I have 4!) but I really do spend way more when I shop with them (I splurged on FULL price cheese strings because she begged me)

My feet are aching. It's been a long day. Still need to make sausage rolls for tomorrow.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.
    sorry I haven't been around. so busy. and super tired. not sure why so tired, but I am . I think its the june issue. June always drains me.
    any hoo,
    yesterday at the amazing graarge sale, I picked up a large veggie steamer, for 5.00 . killer deal. steams veggies perfectly in 12 min. how killer is that.
    on tap for today.
    Get my husband to finish his chore list. its tiny. and needs to get tadone.
    laundry - hang outside as much as poisble. and just get the rest done.
    general housework. lots of general housework....... lots
    take puppies for a walk. conservation area.
    get $ to bank. pay the bills. lol.
    make icky phonecall.
    weed mil's garden.
    I amso need to do some pantry organizing.
    and make a special meal for my youngest, since she was not feeling well on her birthday . we are doing it today.

can I go back to bed, I am already tired.........
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Morning ladies!

It's gorgeous out there today!

Lisa, hope you get lots of doggie food and thanks for the reminder! I need to hit up our Zehrs and see if they have any left. Sending DH too (if he ever makes it out of bed). Good luck hunting at Wal-Mart. Hope you have some good luck!

Had our friends up last night and I made dinner, they normally like to eat out but the last couple of times we've ended up paying for it all, not at all frugal! So DH went to the local chippy and got chips and I made them all fish. Easy and only $5 for the chips.

After they left our neighbours invited us over for a drink on their new patio. Well we chatted the night away until 2am. I've been up since 6. I think there will be a nap in the garden this afternoon .

I'm on window cleaning duty today. Since it's going to be nice for at least today.

Hope you all have a super sunday.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Insane - Great job selling the CD's!! Gotta love all that extra money!

Giseledta- Nice to see you here. Awesome deal on the veggie steamer! nice.

JasperandChar - Good luck with the re-staining today. Just remember to take it easy on yourself and be gentle with yourself! Yes that's an order :D

Page 43 of 117 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 ... LastLast

Thread Information