User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: impacted wisdom tooth

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OMG. I have an impacted wisdom tooth. It really bothers me, but I am so sacred to take it out. I talked to my dentist and he said a local anesthesia is enough, but it is deep in the gum. Any of you have ever had an impacted wisdom tooth out?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    GET $5 OFF Herbal and Nutritional Items Coupon Code: XIF785 http://www.iherb.com Low shipping charges to Canada Save about 30-40% Off retail prices. 14,000+Brand-Name Herbal & Nutritional Items Pay No TAX on items!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think I did before, I had the dentist deal with. Teeth issues I always let them deal with. It sounds serious, I hope you get it dealt with. It hurt and made me grumpy!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I have had two impacted wisdom teeth removed. Having it done is short term pain for long term gain. Don't leave them....it is not nearly as bad as you think to have the extraction done and leaving it can cause a lot of problems down the road. You can do it!!!
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I had 4. Had them all taken out at once. I had it done by an oral surgeon though, not a dentist. I had mine under an anesthetic, not local, general I guess. I had jaw surgery at a teenager too, and having my wisdom teeth out was worse. Not to freak you out or anything, but it wasn't a pleasant experience.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Just go and get it done! I loathe going to the dentist, too, but it's odd - I actually prefer having an extraction done instead of fillings!

Don't worry about the pain, if you have a good dentist, s/he will give you extra if you need it.

Wishing you luck!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

If it's impacted at an angle then go to an oral surgeon, they charge a bit higher but you'll have a peace of mind. I had 2 impacted wisdom teeth, 1 almost entirely covered with gum, the other was at 45' angle poking through the roof of my mouth. I had several consultation before decided to go with an oral surgeon, only had local freezing in my mouth so I can tell you the whole thing take like 1 minute, just cut open my gum, use a tool to detach the gum and extract the tooth. Did not hurt before or after extraction. I was dreading having these taken out I drag it out for a few years and suffered constant gum infection. It was not painful at all. I think teeth pulling was never really hurt, only if you have a broken teeth and it touched the nerve or something.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hubby just had his taken out Monday - I believe one was impacted - took them a bit to get out... he's doing pretty good - hopped up on Tylenol 3's... I had all 4 of mine taken out as a teen as well - i was put out and amazingly had no pain - and i SUCK at dealing with pain.
    http://frugalkris.blogspot.ca
    Check it out for my couponing, freebies and money saving experiences!
    Twitter @FrugalKris

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Take it out. Leaving them will just give you pain in a few years.

I had impacted wisdom teeth for 5 years because I didn't have health insurance and the surgery was something like $4,000.

After the surgeon removed them, I was unable to chew properly for 3 months. How old are you? I was 25 and the doctor said I was "old" which meant that it would take a longer time to heal. Doing it sooner = less pain.

The surgery itself was fine. The surgeon puts you to sleep.
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I had all 4 taken out at once about 25 years ago. Not a pretty site, but 2 of the teeth had grown in sideways and they all had to come out, to much pain. I too was put under, and a good thing because what the oral surgeon had told my dh would be 2 hours turned out being 5.5 hours and resulted in my entire face being bruised, including 2 black eyes. Not to scare you as my case was un usual, I had roots wrapped around bone and it turned into a full out surgery. Normally having your wisdom teeth removed isn't that bad. I had 2 of my dd's have them removed and return to work 2 days latter. I agree with everyone else, you need to get it done. The pain will be minor compared to what WILL happen if you choose to ignore the pain. Best of luck to you.
    torontogal12 likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Yes I had 4 impacted molars as well and didn't know until about 5 years ago when I had them out! I used get very bad headaches, pain, blackouts etc. Mine were taken out by a surgeon too and I didn't have coverage and cost around $2300!
    torontogal12 likes this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Sorry to hear that. I have never ever had a problem with my teeth. DH on the other hand
    Just call me Wolfie

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetmomma View Post
    Yes I had 4 impacted molars as well and didn't know until about 5 years ago when I had them out! I used get very bad headaches, pain, blackouts etc. Mine were taken out by a surgeon too and I didn't have coverage and cost around $2300!
    God yes, I remember those headaches from the impacted teeth. How could I forget. *Shudder* Changes your personality too because everything becomes insufferable.

Trading Score
    88 (99%)

FREESTUFFRIGHTTHERE....Im a dental hygienist and deal with this stuff almost daily. Message me any questions that you might have and I can try to help!!
    Scottishgal and DianneS like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I had all 4 taken out by a dental surgeon. Was put to sleep. Came home after and slept the whole day. Had a prescription for percocet for 2 weeks. You`ll be fine!

I was a smoker at the time and had to quit smoking (Or be really cautious about rinsing with mouth wash afterwards I guess?)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

The thing with wisdom teeth is that each tooth can be different. When I had my the extraction on the right side of my mouth, I went to a dental surgeon and had a general anaesthetic.....I was out of commission for a few days. When I had the extraction on the left side, I had it under local anaesthetic in the dentist's office and it was not a big deal. Follow the advice of your dentist...we may all have personal experience but none of us are dental experts! (Although HeatherWake looks like a good source of information.) If it makes you feel more comfortable, seek a second opinion.
    HeatherWake likes this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information