User Tag List

Page 573 of 654 FirstFirst ... 73 473 523 563 571 572 573 574 575 583 623 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,595 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -this summer is going be hard a hard one for hubby and I -we are gonna try to be happy
    1st beef -my son-in-law who I thought was perfect is not -don't wish to get into it but has turned my daughters life upsidedown (thank goodness she has the support of us and friends )oh and thankgoodness she is on mat leave so she can heal a little before work in the fall(she is separated and heading down the road will be divorce
    2nd beef -so tired of getting sick from my dear little granddaughter age 3 and a half(as I babysit her 3 days a week) currently have broncitus(day 8)starting to feel a bit better and I am going away soon for a few days vacay with family
    sorry to hear about your daughter's marriage breaking up
    hope she is getting legal help for the divorce
    hope she can use her work place employee assistance program to help her get through this time
    great that you and friends are there for her

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Durham Couponer -it looks as though Niagara Region has a different program/fee structure for replacing green bins. I like the sticker for a broken container idea (to get a free replacement) but I cannot see how residents are going to take their broken boxes in on transit to get the required sticker. https://www.niagararegion.ca/waste/c...ged-boxes.aspx

No way would Hamilton want residents rolling in their broken green carts into municipal centres.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Rant 1
    Went to Toronto yesterday to try and see Ed Sheeran, didn't have tickets so I was going to try and get scalper tickets(do this for pretty much every show I go to and have never had an issue). Head down to the ACC, scalpers are trying to sell $80.00 tickets for $175 each. So we wait around, try to bargin with them(my budget was $200 for two tickets), nope they still want $175/ticket. As we're leaving(20 mins after Ed Sheeran took the stage, Mr. scalper all the sudden decides that he'll take $250 for two $80.00 tickets. Umm no thanks. Not paying your inflated price for a concert that I've already missed half of.

Rant 2
    This stupid 90 day wait to change your marital status with the CRA. It's over, it's done you couldn't pay me enough to go back, however due to the 90 day wait period and that benefits are still calculated on ex's income, Child tax(or whatever they call it) is going down by almost $250/mo. I know I will get back the back payments eventually but considering in the past three months I've replaced an entire household of contents, three wardrobes, two sets of kids footwear, toys and books for my youngest and paying for a lawyer out of pocket, I could use the cash. Or at least the the amount I was previously getting.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Neigbours who are *ssh*les!! Enough said!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I have plenty of those all around me. I have exactly one neighbor that I like.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    Neigbours who are *ssh*les!! Enough said!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Another rant - hate people who play dumb and worse play the age card ... oo sorry I am old ... I am old and not thinking ... so please help me... if they are smart enough to post on an internet site they are smart enough to listen to instructions. Sigh.
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Sun, Jul 9th, 2017 at 07:44 PM.
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    I have plenty of those all around me. I have exactly one neighbor that I like.
    Yes! One neighbour is great - the other is a total waste of oxygen!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    Another rant - hate people who play dumb and worse play the age card ... oo sorry I am old ... I am old and not thinking ... so please help me... if they are smart enough to post on an internet site they are smart enough to listen to instructions. Sigh.
    Some older folks are genuinely apologizing for being older because they know they are not current with some things or have mobility issues so they buffer possible flack with a qualifier when asking (or imposing) on someone else.
    But my father does the "I'm old; I did not see" routine. Time for Family Feud type lights and sound effects-things in the fridge are right in front of his eyes and yes he put them into the fridge as well.
    Newfiescreech and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

keep your feet off the back of the gosh darn seat!! Nobody wants your stinky arse bare feet right next to their head!! is it soo hard to stop putting them up on the back of the seat that a person is sitting on?!?!

went to the movies this afternoon with my daughter, person behind me put their kid on their lap.. fine.. but then the kid proceeded to slip off her flip flops and put her feet on the back of the seat inches away from my daughters head!! we had to ask 4 times for her to keep her feet off the seat before i ended up having to move my daughter into the, thankfully, empty seat on the other side of me

it is never OK to put your dirty arse feet on the back of the seat especially if someone is sitting in that seat!.. i don't care if your 2yrs old or 200 years old.. it's just simply not ok!
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    keep your feet off the back of the gosh darn seat!! Nobody wants your stinky arse bare feet right next to their head!! is it soo hard to stop putting them up on the back of the seat that a person is sitting on?!?!

went to the movies this afternoon with my daughter, person behind me put their kid on their lap.. fine.. but then the kid proceeded to slip off her flip flops and put her feet on the back of the seat inches away from my daughters head!! we had to ask 4 times for her to keep her feet off the seat before i ended up having to move my daughter into the, thankfully, empty seat on the other side of me

it is never OK to put your dirty arse feet on the back of the seat especially if someone is sitting in that seat!.. i don't care if your 2yrs old or 200 years old.. it's just simply not ok!
    Agree with you. The child that was doing that is going to have a tough time making friends if she does not know some basic courtesies around others. She likely does not like feet near her head either...
    Newfiescreech and macw1960 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Really starting to hate this house that I am living in for my time here at university...

-No dishwasher like I had at my last place, meaning time wasted washing dishes in a sink that doesn't cooperate with me whatsoever

-No A/C meaning that if it gets to unbearable temperatures, I am forced to retreat to my university campus to stay cool with the buses that have horrible times and even the campus right now (where i go normally closes at 9 mon-thurs and 5 fri-sun)

-The place was left in a horrible state by the last tenants of the place, they didn't bother to keep it clean and the landlord won't do anything about it

-Whomever lived here last left the green bins in a horrid state, so i decided to try to clean them today and was using the outdoor tap to rinse it out and it got stuck on full blast and i couldn't shut it off, thank goodness my roommate was able to help me get the thing shut off and of course there was a hassle in that too, the stupid tap is broken now

I'm really starting to regret picking this place now and i'm stuck here until next april, wishing i had tried to get back the place i was living in before, only $400/month (compared to $465 here), with a dishwasher, a/c, great roommates and right next to the mall too!
    @johnb56789 ... I think the first two belong in the "First World Problems" discussion... just my 2 cents.
    Newfiescreech, ROMEO, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    This stupid 90 day wait to change your marital status with the CRA. It's over, it's done you couldn't pay me enough to go back, however due to the 90 day wait period and that benefits are still calculated on ex's income, Child tax(or whatever they call it) is going down by almost $250/mo. I know I will get back the back payments eventually but considering in the past three months I've replaced an entire household of contents, three wardrobes, two sets of kids footwear, toys and books for my youngest and paying for a lawyer out of pocket, I could use the cash. Or at least the the amount I was previously getting.

I don't believe you'll get backpay for the 90 days, at least, I didn't.
    At the time, I had never had a job in Canada, and my ex didn't pay child support for 6 MONTHS. I ended up having to go on OntarioWorks.. Oh, and when I finally did (5 months after the split), he decided to start paying the next month, and OW took out that payment from what they gave me...even though he hadn't paid the months before, argh.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Going to rant now as something is just not right with the grocery bill as the groceries DH bought on his way to work should not even be close to the $98.80 total I see on our PC account. I will have to wait until 2:30 AM and then I can actually see the receipt.
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and walkonby like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    Going to rant now as something is just not right with the grocery bill as the groceries DH bought on his way to work should not even be close to the $98.80 total I see on our PC account. I will have to wait until 2:30 AM and then I can actually see the receipt.
    Maybe DH has been steppin' out and eating cookies you dont know about.
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoddessDigi View Post
    I don't believe you'll get backpay for the 90 days, at least, I didn't.
    At the time, I had never had a job in Canada, and my ex didn't pay child support for 6 MONTHS. I ended up having to go on OntarioWorks.. Oh, and when I finally did (5 months after the split), he decided to start paying the next month, and OW took out that payment from what they gave me...even though he hadn't paid the months before, argh.
    If your on OW and they topped up the benefit they'll claw back the amount they've given you from any back payments.
    Someday I'm gonna change this a$$ backwards system(and I'm referring to any system/agency I've had the pleasure of dealing with in the past 3 months). So much is wrong and broken.
    Newfiescreech, ROMEO and Ciel like this.

Thread Information