User Tag List

Page 456 of 654 FirstFirst ... 356 406 446 454 455 456 457 458 466 506 556 ... LastLast
Results 6,826 to 6,840 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

macw1960, lecale, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ That's so sad. Same with the white rhinos.
    macw1960, walkonby, Decaf and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

out-of-control government spending and mismanagement at all levels, municipal, provincial and federal. Government mismanages assets because decisions are being made due to politics and cronyism or we are hiring/voting for people that don't have the proper knowledge or common sense. Oops the debt has doubled, tripled, sorry we wasted money on this so can't spend money on essentials like healthcare or repair highways. For example the new bridge in northern Ontario worth millions of dollars that heaved apart, indefinitely closing the Trans-Canada highway — the only road connecting Eastern and Western Canada. "No one knows what happens?" How about it was constructed wrong and someone needs to take responsibility. Were there inspectors? How old was the original bridge? It must have been a little gust of wind they never thought of?
    Last edited by seylz_gurl; Thu, Feb 4th, 2016 at 09:30 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Bro and I wanted to seek help with study via online tutoring; Went to Chegg and used credit card to get 'free 1 hour tutoring'. Gave up on site after 15 minutes because those 'tutors' were clearly foreigners who could not even understand English properly, let alone help us learn. W cancelled subscription and close the account within 15 min but still got charged $45 USD! AND they tried charging me $75 four times.

My first ever encounter with fraud!
    Ciel, macw1960, wolfwoman and 2 others like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

^^Dispute the charge with your CC company.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I ordered clothing from Hollister sunday night (Was more like 1 am, anyways..) They had a promo if you bought perfume you didn`t have to pay for shipping. I found one on clearance for $16, then ended up finding a parka for $70 so I figured (foolish Candini) that purchase after $50 was free shipping. I removed the perfume from my order.

My confirmation email Monday morning says $25 for shipping. What! I ask them to cancel my order but it's already in shipment. Alright, whatever.

I get a second email from them with a tracking number from Puralator. It says it won`t be here until roughly February 9 (Coming from the states) Tracking number wasn`t showing info Tuesday or Wednesday so I disregarded it and figured I would check today or so.

(Lets back track like 6 months ago - Puralator pick up is a mission from my home, so the last time I ordered something from childrens place it got sent there, I was irked, so I got a barcode for my door that if I`m not home, they scan and leave it at my home)

I get a phone call this morning from a random 800 number. Let it go to voicemail. It's friggen puralator saying my package is at its mission away office and that I have until Wednesday to get it

They didn`t leave a pick up card. AND I check the tracking number , they originally came yesterday morning at 11am.

I don`t have a car atm to get to said pick up office. Such a headache and run around, I just wanted this damn jacket dropped off at my doorstep.
    Ciel, macw1960, Lyssia510 and 3 others like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Public high school... mandatory gym course to graduate and a letter comes home stating kids HAVE TO purchase a $50 t-shirt/shorts for uniform or they can't participate and will face detention. This isn't an extracurricular non school sport or even a course chosen by student (like band or extra school club where there are fees sometimes) but rather a mandatory course all kids must take through our public school system. The reasoning is that they don't want kids competing with how expensive their gym attire is!!! If you can't afford or refuse to purchase a uniform (it is the principle of it... feels wrong) they will dig through some cast offs but those are an old design and do not match the new uniforms. Nice.
    Thank-you for this place to vent... this issue was really getting to me and felt good to write it all out.
    Last edited by couponingtosurvive; Fri, Feb 5th, 2016 at 04:50 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ Raise that issue with the PTA, that's nuts.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponingtosurvive View Post
    Public high school... mandatory gym course to graduate and a letter comes home stating kids HAVE TO purchase a $50 t-shirt/shorts for uniform or they can't participate and will face detention. This isn't an extracurricular non school sport or even a course chosen by student (like band or extra school club where there are fees sometimes) but rather a mandatory course all kids must take through our public school system. The reasoning is that they don't want kids competing with how expensive their gym attire is!!! If you can't afford or refuse to purchase a uniform (it is the principle of it... feels wrong) they will dig through some cast offs but those are an old design and do not match the new uniforms. Nice.
    Thank-you for this place to vent... this issue was really getting to me and felt good to write it all out.
    Same as my son's high school, if they forgot their 'school' gym strip they had to dig through a box of lost and found and where dirty ones. Rule has changed now, probably due to my incessant complaints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

It's the same at dd's school too(grade 7). I can buy her a Nike T-shirt and shorts for less than what I paid for her uniform(which I've already replaced once this year already due to her thinning out)
    I remember when I was in high school we were given the option of purchasing a full uniform, just the T-shirt or wearing our own stuff in the uniform colours(ie white T-shirt and blue shorts).

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    ^^Dispute the charge with your CC company.
    I did...so finger crossed that it would work; I got new credit card because they attempted to charge me $75 four more times. Crrrazy! Note to self: never trust any sites online!
    Last edited by Arvilish; Fri, Feb 5th, 2016 at 11:06 PM.
    macw1960, DaveP, wolfwoman and 1 others like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    I ordered clothing from Hollister sunday night (Was more like 1 am, anyways..) They had a promo if you bought perfume you didn`t have to pay for shipping. I found one on clearance for $16, then ended up finding a parka for $70 so I figured (foolish Candini) that purchase after $50 was free shipping. I removed the perfume from my order.

My confirmation email Monday morning says $25 for shipping. What! I ask them to cancel my order but it's already in shipment. Alright, whatever.

I get a second email from them with a tracking number from Puralator. It says it won`t be here until roughly February 9 (Coming from the states) Tracking number wasn`t showing info Tuesday or Wednesday so I disregarded it and figured I would check today or so.

(Lets back track like 6 months ago - Puralator pick up is a mission from my home, so the last time I ordered something from childrens place it got sent there, I was irked, so I got a barcode for my door that if I`m not home, they scan and leave it at my home)

I get a phone call this morning from a random 800 number. Let it go to voicemail. It's friggen puralator saying my package is at its mission away office and that I have until Wednesday to get it

They didn`t leave a pick up card. AND I check the tracking number , they originally came yesterday morning at 11am.

I don`t have a car atm to get to said pick up office. Such a headache and run around, I just wanted this damn jacket dropped off at my doorstep.

call the office and tell them you have a SNR (signature not required) barcode which they ignored and make them deliver it again. i have also had this happen . syndi
    Ciel, macw1960, Candini and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The youth who likely have to rely on clothing via school foundation if they are living alone (and cannot afford sports socks, etc) are likely to be also irked by this policy.
    macw1960 and toronto166 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Takeout cups and food packaging left on the ground at all places. Makes a fine mess on sidewalks, at bus stops (on buses too) and in roads. Tripping hazards for those using mobile devices and those who might not have room/strength to avoid contact/potential wheel snafu by going over the debris.
    Accessibility is everyone's concern and that means putting litter in a bin or taking it with you until you can properly dispose of it. There is no "it's someone else's job/concern" line to assign to personal responsibility for own trash.
    Natalka, macw1960, Decaf and 1 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

DH got the bad news yesterday that he is laid off which we figured was going to happen. But my rant is this, apparently the office personal decided in December to lay him off but decided not to tell him until Febuary! He had a heated conversation with the office guy about this telling them that during this time he could have been looking for work elsewhere instead of waiting to be called back. Talk about a crappy thing to do to a person.
    Just call me Wolfie

Thread Information