User Tag List

Page 458 of 654 FirstFirst ... 358 408 448 456 457 458 459 460 468 508 558 ... LastLast
Results 6,856 to 6,870 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by web3 View Post
    Husband got his identity stolen. Got notification yesterday from Canada Post that his mail has been forwarded since last Friday... 3 credit cards applied for that we know of right now. Signed up for Equifax monthly monitoring but their systems are down and can't log in to see how much of a mess there is. It can all be fixed but what a pain...
    Protect your information!
    Noticed transunion is down as well.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Ciel, macw1960, toronto166 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by web3 View Post
    Husband got his identity stolen. Got notification yesterday from Canada Post that his mail has been forwarded since last Friday... 3 credit cards applied for that we know of right now. Signed up for Equifax monthly monitoring but their systems are down and can't log in to see how much of a mess there is. It can all be fixed but what a pain...
    Protect your information!
    Update: From what I can piece together is that someone took my husbands name, address, date of birth and possible SIN number to buy and create an Equifax account. I purchased my own after this and it does ask 6 or so multiple choice security questions but I entered 5 as "none of the above" and when it asked for a biweekly payment amount it would be obvious to know which one to select. Unless I was driving an Escalade! lol, so by using his basic info and guessing, they created an account.
    Then using the plethora of information they had access to, applied for 3 different credit cards. Then using the information, paid also to forward his mail. Thankfully Canada Post sends out a notification to the "old" address.
    But Canada Post, when purchasing mail forwarding online, require security questions that can only be know from seeing an Equifax report. I see a soft inquiry from Canada Post on his report, which implies they ordered the mail forwarding online. The weird thing is, so I am told from Canada Post, is that you need to "finish off the application" in person with 2 pieces of ID. Not sure how they got that far and succeeded.
    Called back CP after it was confirmed it was identity theft and the rep empathized with me and gave me the address, phone number and email of where it was forwarded to. An address in Toronto. All that info now passed off to the police.
    Will continue to monitor his Equifax. I am glad we caught this early enough and they didn't get their hands on any credit cards.
    So, lesson for everyone... think twice about handing off basic information to contests, or online forms or to anyone. Date of birth, address, name, phone number was all it took. And a few good guesses at security questions...
    We are very private online, even my husband more so than me. No facebook, social media. Just me on SC. We recently purchased a vehicle in November and that is the only place recently that his information would have been passed around. However, wherever you have a bank account or credit card company, information is at risk to be bought and sold. So hard to say exactly how this all happened.
    Scary stuff! So, I say it again...protect your information!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Winter. That is all.
    Ciel, seylz_gurl, macw1960 and 4 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

The fact that Family Day is in mid-February, probably one of the most uncomfortable months to have a "Family" day, or at least it is if you have small children.
    Ciel, GoJays, GoddessDigi and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Dog hair. Freaking copious amounts of dog hair everywhere!!!!
    Ciel, seylz_gurl, macw1960 and 4 others like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    The fact that Family Day is in mid-February, probably one of the most uncomfortable months to have a "Family" day, or at least it is if you have small children.
    I know what you mean but it's better than not having any stat holiday in between from January to April. Most people take their paid vacation during warmer months anyway.
    Natalka, Ciel, GoJays and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here in NS, they call it Heritage Day. It seems silly to have a rotation of people (and things) to celebrate.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...nced-1.2948344

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    I know what you mean but it's better than not having any stat holiday in between from January to April. Most people take their paid vacation during warmer months anyway.
    I definitely agree, it's better than nothing, but I would have loved a March stat holiday so there would be a chance of the stroller making it through the snow or less chance of frostbite.

We visited the library where they hosted Family day and our child was disappointed that there were no other children to play with in our city of over half a million people. She sat at the empty colouring tables and coloured alone. There was one other baby (not walking) and all others were adults.

Someday, we'll take our paid vacation during warmer months, but as of now, they're all being used up for sick days, medical appointments, snow days, daycare closures, and Christmas (daycare closure). We have yet to know what vacation in summer feels like. So far, it's a completely foreign idea.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just need a place to vent....I wish my neighbor would stop shoveling his snow onto my property! He decided to expand his parking, which left no place to put his snow. . . NOT ON MY FRONT LAWN, buddy. He was very angry at me today when I asked him to stop. You know, I really prefer to avoid conflict. This drives my blood pressure right up.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Do not whine to me when you know I'm sick as a dog with a child that doesn't nap or go to school about how sick you are and how many naps you took and still don't feel better.
    Especially when you don't work and don't have little kids.
    I might just smack you.
    Ciel, macw1960, lecale and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Was having vision problems so I went to the eye doctor for the first time ever. He said I had an infection and needed a very small prescription in one eye - so small he doesn't even recommend glasses. The only reason I went to the eye doctor was because the walk in clinic doctor was useless and said I had no problem (eye doctor said otherwise).

I submitted the doctor's visit expense to the insurance. Turns out they will pay up to $250 for the glasses I don't need, but won't pay the $120 for the doctor's visit! How are you supposed to know that you need glasses if you can't go to the doctor?
    Last edited by torontogal12; Thu, Feb 18th, 2016 at 12:11 AM.
    Crochetlady, Ciel, GoJays and 7 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Do not whine to me when you know I'm sick as a dog with a child that doesn't nap or go to school about how sick you are and how many naps you took and still don't feel better.
    Especially when you don't work and don't have little kids.
    I might just smack you.
    Maybe the person has depression and has no energy?
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Was having vision problems so I went to the eye doctor for the first time ever. He said I had an infection and needed a very small prescription in one eye - so small he doesn't even recommend glasses. The only reason I went to the eye doctor was because the walk in clinic doctor was useless and said I had no problem (eye doctor said otherwise).

I submitted the doctor's visit expense to the insurance. Turns out they will pay up to $250 for the glasses I don't need, but won't pay the $120 for the doctor's visit! How are you supposed to know that you need glasses if you can't go to the doctor?
    That's odd. Ours will pay 80 for the visit (even though because we are older it costs more), but not a thing for glasses.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

I read that season 2 of the returned was supposed to be added to Netflix yesterday. I checked yesterday and today, still just season 1. Apparently it was only added to the US Netflix, I could understand that if we didn't get the show at all but as I said we still have season 1 on the Canadian netflix.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    That's odd. Ours will pay 80 for the visit (even though because we are older it costs more), but not a thing for glasses.
    Unless an ON adult (18-64) has an eye condition that would be considered as OHIP insured, you have to pay for visits to the eye doctor (seniors get their basic eye visits covered). If your optometrist uses a computerized instrument to scan your eyeballs, that is an out of pocket charge as well. No eyeglass coverage unless I have insurance for it (I don't). Some individuals who are covered under a family member's insurance benefits plan through work might have some partial coverage for optometrist visits and a set amount per two years for a new pair of prescription eyewear.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information