User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: Rants on line - do they really serve any purpose....

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by electric_viking View Post
    is "bite me!" inappropriate?
    From you EV? Never!
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Nadinetd, welcome back.

1. Sometimes people have difficult time and typing here relieves physical and mental stress
    (positive thing)

2. We may be able to rant here, when we cannot rant at work or at home
    (positive thing).

3. We may be able to learn from others by reading their rant, so we don't have to go through the same negative experience.
    (positive thing)

Win
    Win
    Win

Last edited by Shwa Girl; Fri, Jun 14th, 2013 at 05:00 PM. Reason: to make sure there are at least 7 smiley faces, at OP's request.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I love the rant section! Sometimes it's nice to come in and read that people are going through the same things I am, or they've had the same bad experience at a store. It tends to validate my own feelings on some things, and it's an education sometimes in how to approach situations. Sometimes there's posts from people who were approached or approached a situation in an improper way, I find it is sometimes nice to read those so I know how to act or not to act if I'm ever in the same situation.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Sometimes rants are good for a chuckle.

I read them but I rarely partake in them. Sometimes after reading some of them though I can't help but think that if they are freaking out over some of the minor things..they truly lead blessed lives...or their nerves are raw and the smallest thing can set them off.

Some rants pull at my heart strings..like regarding the illness of a loved one. Others just make me roll my eyes like the one where a lady was mad because her mother in law could "afford" nice gifts but didn't give them. Some of them I don't feel any empathy for e.g. some dental problems can be prevented.

I really realize that in North America we are generally really caught up with consumerism and celebrate stress.

I heard there is a positive part of Smartcanucks called the tearoom, but I can't find it. How do I get there.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugalkitty View Post
    I heard there is a positive part of Smartcanucks called the tearoom, but I can't find it. How do I get there.
    click here:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/general...sion-tea-room/

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugalkitty View Post

THere is a place where you can upload pictures of your cats to!!
    and try the game room it is addicting however and you may spend to o much time there.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

I find the rant section of the forum garbage... your supposed to listen to a rant someone dishes but shouldn't add your opinion to it in fear of "attacking" and bans :/ Its the most pointless section on this forum. Some threads here are worthy reading but the majority of them are ridiculous.... To bad there is no way of blocking certain sections of the forum as I am sure I would this one. Its okay for one to post their rant but not okay for anyone else to rant about a rant :/

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Personally, I think this section is a great addition to SC. Not everyone has someone to talk to about things that are bothering them. I also like hearing other peoples opinions about things that bother me (e.g. my Canada Post rant). It's easy to avoid reading this section if it bothers you.
    GoJays and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dariusz8 View Post
    I find the rant section of the forum garbage... your supposed to listen to a rant someone dishes but shouldn't add your opinion to it in fear of "attacking" and bans :/ Its the most pointless section on this forum. Some threads here are worthy reading but the majority of them are ridiculous.... To bad there is no way of blocking certain sections of the forum as I am sure I would this one. Its okay for one to post their rant but not okay for anyone else to rant about a rant :/

No, you are not SUPPOSED to listen to them, it is not a requirement that you even read any, in fact don't read them if it bother's you.
    Some people are really gifted at reading between the ranter's lines and finding clarity for the OP, some members have huge shoulders that they have no trouble offering OP a chance to rest their troubles on. Some unbalanced members like myself feel encouraging OP's to laugh, even if it means exposing my own embarrassing story is a much better post than lecturing and possibly offending OP.. A caring post can provide positive alternative reactions to their original thread so I love the rants section, it shows me every day that I am not alone.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

I have no problem reading a rant but feel posters should be careful about what they rant.... way to many think that they are in the right when they may not necessarily be... whats the point of venting to others if you don't care what others have to say or think? There have been some great rants that I have felt compelled to help op out some how. I just think the sub forum should be removed from "Deals" and left as its own section.... it has nothing to do with deals and always seems to grab attention.
    Last edited by dariusz8; Sun, Jun 16th, 2013 at 03:00 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I don't think that anyone's forcing you to click on the link that brings you here. Have a nice day!

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

No, no one is but I feel rants don't belong in a sub folder in deals especially.... if at all on the site. SC to me should stand for what its main objective was Couponing, freebies, and deals.... theres lots of other sites online available offering emotional support(just google it) to those in need and looking to vent or debate opinions. Most rants have nothing to do with the what the site is about, and are more about opinions then anything. These opinions often cause disputes that aren't at all necessary.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

My daughter rants/vents .. I've figured out that the purpose of this is to just say I'm fed up, disappointed, annoyed, sad, etc etc.. the ranter then finds relief from the discomfort she is feeling.. the ranter is not looking for ways to fix it, she doesn't want to know where the other person is coming .. in time once she gets rant out.. she will find her own fix for it.. or never think of it again, or she may ask for input..

I have learned to say 'that sucks' Im sorry you are feeling that way.. After a while she ends up laughing or crying and feels better overall.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

For as long as I've been here, there have been "unbrags" and people looking for advice and help..

I'd be much happier posting here about a personal subject than on one of my more political boards or one of my war history boards because I feel I connect with the people here in a different way to how I connect to people on those boards.

Removing the rant section wouldn't remove the "unbrag" or help wanted threads just move them somewhere else on the forum.
    GoJays, walkonby and dariusz8 like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

No, no one is but I feel rants don't belong in a sub folder in deals especially.... if at all on the site. SC to me should stand for what its main objective was Couponing, freebies, and deals.... theres lots of other sites online available offering emotional support(just google it) to those in need and looking to vent or debate opinions. Most rants have nothing to do with the what the site is about, and are more about opinions then anything. These opinions often cause disputes that aren't at all necessary.
    There's another site floating around out there with 'red' in the title that is all business and no fun, have you tried that one out yet? You may find that one more to your liking. The last time I was there I don't remember seeing a rant section. In fact, they don't have much of any sort of a community/friendly feel to them.

And yes, I do understand what you mean, but where exactly would you move the rant thread to? When I come to the rants section, I don't even go through the deals forum, I just click the direct rants link on the top of the page. Until you mentioned it, I didn't even realize that this was in the deals area. Does it bother me? Not in the least.
    Last edited by GoJays; Mon, Jun 17th, 2013 at 04:11 AM.
    walkonby likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information