User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree216Likes

Thread: A little early to be teaching "that" isnt it??

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

It's amazing what kids will do in elementary school these days. My nephew, when he was in grade 3, was caught in the bathroom with another boy. They were standing by the urinals, facing the stall doors, trying to see who could pee the furthest No shame
    anisa likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    Interesting discussion going on for sure. I applaud Jenny for taking an active roll in her children's schooling, lord knows there were many a time when I wish a parent even cared about their teen when I taught in school. I do agree that if a permission slip was sent home stating the two sexes were to be separated durning this class, then were not, Jenny has very valid points and concerns and I think it's fabulous that she took the time to see for herself what went on in class.

All to often parents are quick to jump to conclusions when advised of something by their children. We used to call it the "NOT MY CHILD Syndrome" If all parent were like Jenny, the school's and school boards would have a much easier time in the classrooms.

Having said that, I feel very strongly that young ladies and gentlemen, yes at age 8 & 9 NEED to have some sort of sex ed class. It's on our TV's, it's in the school yard, at the mall and virtually everywhere we turn. I feel bad Jenny that your dh was feeling uneasy about doing the homework form with your dd and you. Sex is nothing to be ashamed of, nor are our bodies. As a mom, you want only the very best for your children, and as far as I'm concerned
    the best information that a child will trust will come from their parents, then the school.

I agree that children are definitely at different maturity levels at this age, however, if someone touched my child inappropriately, I would be eternally grateful that my child even knew what was inappropriate. I feel that 1 extremely long class (MO) is to much for that age and it would have been better served if it was done over the coarse of a few weeks, giving time for the children to process the information and ask appropriate questions. However, what's done is done, just make sure that you make her feel that if ever, when ever and where ever, she can come to you with any questions and you won't be shocked or surprised or angry at her for the subject. We owe it to our children.

Jenny your a fabulous mom and I applaud you for taking the time to go to the school. Kudos to you my dear

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I agree to a certain point they hear and know about it but they kind of skim over it and alot of greay areas..she is 9. Jennys' little one learned how to spell penis, talk about wet dreams and erections.. It would be lovely if all parents had an open door but that is alot to absorb for an hour and a half. That's like you gettting a crash course on how to difuse a bomb in half an hour and the world depends on it. The pressure, the questions, you're not ready, you don't know how to get prepared, there is no pre-questions allowed? Have at it while a bunch of experts snicker and laugh while you're trying to figure it out. Are the parents ready when you get home to follow-up on terms and how it was taught? And you have no idea how to do it or what connections lead to what. Grey areas... They must have felt like they were looking at the front grill of a MAC truck coming full rip and their feet are stuck in cement. That is how I think I would have felt. As liberal as people say they are I would love to sit down and see how their children can clearly explain the discussions with their parents and how clear the education is at home.

And kids learn what they see, boner and c-word..grrrrr...

Quote Originally Posted by cheapNcheeky View Post
    To be honest, I think it's more devastating for parents then the kids. It means that your little babies are growing up. The kids probably learned the material and then went about their day like it was no big deal.

My nephew used the term 'sexy time' when he was like 5 or 6. He asked my brother and SIL if they were going to bed early so they could have 'sexy time' lol. He must have learned it from his cousins or tv. Trust me kids know a lot more than you think!!

When I was a kid, there were boys already using the C-word and boner when I was like 6 or 7 years old.
    JennyFromTheRock likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheapNcheeky View Post

My teacher friend just busted a group of boys who actually banded together and planned to grab a girl's boobs all at the same time. It was called 'titty tuesday.' I'm not kidding. This is in grade school.
    I hope she didn't get any of their parents in complaining that "it was just a bit of fun at the years end", "no-one would have been hurt by it" and my fave " Boys will be BOYS! what do you expect?"

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information