User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Another Target Review

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

^ yes some great points, the toys are good, not the dollar store quality of a lot of the junky ones at walmart.

clearance at target is awesome, no doubt about that. right now in ON there are awesome clearance deals on toys. the target brands are priced VERY well.

that all said, the selection is still not what they have in the states, and it's disappointing. there was a cushion i REALLY wanted, but i only found one. it was beat up and dirty and not even on sale.
    the sad thing is it was absolutely perfect, i fell in love with it, but had no realistic options of being able to get 2 matching ones because the stores just did not stock it properly.

the selection on the target.com website is awesome. but of course we can't get the same selection here. i think they really did a disservice to their own name by opening up mini-targets that have no chance of ever expanding because they are tied to malls. forever there will be these incomplete targets in Canada, a whole whopping 124 (?) of them. that is a permanent thing that will not likely ever change. so we will have these very limited Targets and they seem to think that is adequate for Canadians, and a fair representation of the "Target Experience" as they put it :p

I have found great things there, absolutely. what i find really disappointing is that i will never be able to have the same selection of clothing (kids), shoes (kids), home decor, linens, kitchen items etc until they start opening up BIG stores and start online ordering for Canada. my local Targets will never be up to snuff.
    madchives likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Does anyone know if Target double coupons?

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

^ they don't stack 2+ manufacturer's coupons, of course, you can use their store promos with manufacturer coupons
    madchives likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I understand clothing stores that one would work for not providing a uniform and requiring you to actually wear some of their clothes but we're not talking about a clothing store. We're talking about Target. Its a wide range retail store.

From my experience, maybe its different in most peoples neck of the woods but most retail stores that I have come across (that sell a variety of products similar to Target) all require their employees to wear their brand specific uniforms.

I can understand the employee wanting to be comfortable, I completely understand, I worked at Mc Donalds for 3 years. Luckily those uniforms were free though. But I would never work somewhere that required me to buy new clothes to fit into their look, especially making minimum wage.

Lets compare Target in terms of uniform to stores is closley resembles. Superstore? They have to wear those vests, same with Walmart. Employees are provided with these.

I think what doesn't sit with me right is making your employees go out of their way to buy specific clothes to fit in when they are making minimum wage whereas a store that is basically the same (RCSS, WM) down the street who pays the same will give you a uniform.
    madchives likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I worked for The Bay and had to buy black pants and white collared/polo style shirts. Got paid minimum wage. Just one example of course, but its really not uncommon. The Bay has ridiculous prices, much higher than Target and they still provided nothing but a name tag.

Besides when I was in my Target the other day, staff were wearing all sorts of styles and shades of red shirts. I really don't think it would break the bank to buy a few shirts. JMHO.

I went back in yesterday and had to laugh to myself. I overheard a few complaints and they were super funny to me. Made me think that you can't please everyone and some people will find anything to complain about. Not saying other stores don't have legit issues but the things I heard were just silly! lol.

Also, I think my Target has had awesome sales (in terms of volume) in the past 2 days. Some of the aisles that were totally full on day one were getting bare on day 3. I bought a Keurig on day 1 and there were at least 7 of the same on the shelf. Yesterday I was going to pick up another one and they were gone! Not mad at the store at all. Happy they are getting sales! It won't take long for them to figure out stock levels and I'm sure it's just the craze of the grand opening.
    madchives likes this.

Lucille Wingfield
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

And I agree with Candini, For cute fun cheap clothes Forever 21 has a plus size section in their online store, which I like to hit up.
    Last edited by lucillewing; Wed, Oct 30th, 2013 at 04:21 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

interesting to see so many (then again i just noticed the thread)
    different opinions on target.
    i have only been in one in a suburb of chicago, liked it a lot, was a while ago
    so,,, i know we found employees as we used the changeroom, can't recall
    wth they were wearing.
    i do understand the store's logic in the staff being easily found, but why
    should they ever have to pay to be?
    the vest idea is perfect, obviously --- are these employers more greedy
    then walmart etc. (is that possible!)

have worked retail but was behind a counter so was obvious, especially
    at canada post, haha --- uniform? why not be naked really.

the store i was at reminded me of a cheap bay store, was well keep
    had a lot of stock/sizes that i liked, and prices better then usual.

Last edited by madchives; Wed, Oct 23rd, 2013 at 09:14 AM. Reason: edit? who me?
    if you have some spare time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information