User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Someone left me a lovely note this morning.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh Lord Jesus... nobody got time for that. But to be serious... it is creepy. Glad you are moving!
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

I second dropping into the police station to file a report, just so its noted...her note says "today is the day" what if she gets it in her head to do something violent becaue "today is the day" she sounds a little off her rocker so please do keep your doors locked
    matrix82, Aimz and Shirnette like this.
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

"lord " at first I thought it said the " The hand wants me to tell you " ..lol
    janetta, gourmetsue, DaveP and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Tell her he is your husband and not BF anymore ..lol..and the Lord told you to marry him over the Canada Day Long weekend , that too in Las Vegas..he he he

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Mon, Jan 19th, 2015 at 07:50 PM.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

OMG creepy!

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

So I told my super about the note and received no sympathy (mind you this it the same person who's wife has mention that people shouldnt live together before marriage) I encountered the woman in the lobby but I was with my boyfriend so I felt safe but the did say "god is good" to us. Ugh september cant come fast enough.
    Insane and Shirnette like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tmlskk01 View Post
    So I told my super about the note and received no sympathy (mind you this it the same person who's wife has mention that people shouldnt live together before marriage) I encountered the woman in the lobby but I was with my boyfriend so I felt safe but the did say "god is good" to us. Ugh september cant come fast enough.
    I was going to say to report it to your super, but I see that got you nowhere. Is your building owned by a company? If so, you could try and go above your super's head. Not that I really think anything will be done about it, but filing a complaint is still a good idea.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I am the kind of person that hates when people pull this sort of thing with religion and I would make an issue including notifying the landlord or higher such as a tenant board. I do not have any respect for anyone who feels they are right and everyone should believe like they do with religion not to mention that I have little respect for religion for a multitude of reasons.
    Last edited by idonovan; Tue, Jul 2nd, 2013 at 11:07 PM.
    super_e likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yikes! I am sorry this happened to you. I'm with those who have suggested that you go to the police. This issue may go no further than the note and the 'God is good' greetings, but due to the intensely personal nature of that note and the overall creepiness of it, i think it best to be cautious in this situation.

I hate when people push their belief systems and lifestyles on others, whether they be religious or secular.
    Last edited by Landior; Tue, Jul 2nd, 2013 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Adding something
    Shirnette likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

All the police will do is write up a report.
    They probably won't do anything, like talk to her, because there is nothing threatening in the letter.
    Although it is creepy and annoying, she is expressing her religious freedom.

I would personally talk to the woman about it and ask her why she felt the need to give that to you and if younthink she is stable, then tell her that you would appreciate it if she refrain from it in the future.
    If you think that she may be mentally unstable after your conversation, then at that point go to the police.

I think going to the police right away before gauging the situation would be over reacting.
    ex0ticb3lla, Insane and Candini like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    All the police will do is write up a report.
    They probably won't do anything, like talk to her, because there is nothing threatening in the letter.
    Although it is creepy and annoying, she is expressing her religious freedom.

I would personally talk to the woman about it and ask her why she felt the need to give that to you and if younthink she is stable, then tell her that you would appreciate it if she refrain from it in the future.
    If you think that she may be mentally unstable after your conversation, then at that point go to the police.

I think going to the police right away before gauging the situation would be over reacting.
    maybe i've watched one too many episodes of criminal minds but there is no such thing as overreacting when it comes to unstable people LOL
    lilo0003, Aimz and i_forget like this.
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I would be filing a police report just in case! That note is super creepy and I would not have been happy to receive it. What people want to do with their religion is up to them, but don't be giving me notes about it!

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    I would be filing a police report just in case! That note is super creepy and I would not have been happy to receive it. What people want to do with their religion is up to them, but don't be giving me notes about it!
    Exactly. And that extends to all personal aspects of a one's life, for me. I just think there should be certain boundaries.

And having filed a report of this could prove benefical in the case of future incidents. If this kind of unsolicited attention continues, it could be deemed harrassment, so having a record of these 'interactions' is important. It is too bad the superintendent was not more helpful.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

omg, how creepy!!! That would freak me right out.

I don't think I'd go to the police for this, but I'd def stay away from this neighbour, just a friendly "hi" if you happen to meet her in the hallway or elevator, nothing more then that.

------

edit; I just showed this to two separate people and they both thought it said "hand" as well LOL
    Last edited by charlotte1983; Thu, Jul 4th, 2013 at 08:33 PM.
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information