User Tag List

Page 492 of 1583 FirstFirst ... 392 442 482 490 491 492 493 494 502 542 592 992 1492 ... LastLast
Results 7,366 to 7,380 of 23731
Like Tree139406Likes

Thread: WHAT is YOUR best deal this week?????

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    218 (100%)

At Loblaws, Source Greek yogurt reg.$3.99, on special $1.94, pink sticker 50 %, minus 1K digital offer, minus $1 coupon, took 5, got 5 free and made $5

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Metro is having b1g1 flamingo chicken, buy 1 breaded chincken @8.99 get 1 chinken wings@$9.99 I also had $3 coupon off each from metro air miles/ coupons so got the nuggets and the wings for $2.99 both
    No frills: Philly cream cheese 250 gm for $1 and they just emptying boxes and boxes in the fridge, bought 12 had 6x$1 coupons ( printed) so $.50 ea.
    Last edited by apple pie; Wed, Nov 25th, 2015 at 04:27 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

green beans frozen 1.99 less digital offer of 200 pts. 1/2 pint of raspberries $3 after pink sticker.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Columbia boots for $49. Went to Columbia employee store. BIL has passes. Found a pair of winter boots. Feels like wearing slippers for $49. So cheap because I can fit into children's size 7. Virtually the same as the women's version but for some reason they fit better and $25 cheaper. I think they were close to $100 at the shoe company. Pretty happy. Also got a nice lightweight jacket for $55. Breathable and waterproof, and a 3 in one jacket for $130. Good shopping day!

At the end of the rainbow potohgold's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Food Basics has Maple Lodge Fresh from the Farm chicken drumsticks or thighs on sale for $1.88LB. A decent, but sort of ho-hum price. But then I spied this coupon in front of the display:

Name:  Chicken.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  48.7 KB

I looked at the packages, and behold, small, petite drumsticks clearly from chickens who clearly were conscious of their figures.

My internal dialogue:

TRIP 1: These are some good looking small drumsticks. And with the $1 coupons, I'll be paying less than a $1 per package. Let's pick up three and make a nice poulet chasseur (which is a sumptuous French chicken stew).

In the car: This is a good deal. Should I go back and get more? (Forehead crinkles like I am trying to divide 391 by 17 in my head) Do I have enough freezer space? Yes I do.

TRIP 2: OK, let's try and be more strategic and go through the packages and look for the packs that not only look good, but also are small packs to get the biggest bang for my $1 coupon buck. There, four more packs is great. I am so smart. I am a chicken drumstick queen.

In the car (again). Cool, I've got a lot of chicken. I'll be set for a while. But wait, chicken drumsticks are so versatile. No, I'm not going back in the store, I've already been twice. But the coupons are right there, asking to be used! It would be an insulting NOT to buy more.

TRIP 3: Frantically running back in the store, convinced that in the last two minutes, that someone has bought ALL the chicken packs and/or the coupon pad has disappeared. Almost knock over a senior with a walker doing so. Well, not really, but you get my meaning. Arrive at the drumsticks embarrassingly out of breath, but relieved that it is exactly now I left it. Lift my chin haughtily I think myself to be the smartest person in the whole world to have noticed this deal while other people are just walking by. I carefully select four more packs and check out.

Dividing the grand total I paid by the number of pounds, in the end, I paid about $0.95LB for air-chilled, hormone free, chicken drumsticks.

And now I am eating ice cream out of the tub because I have no more freezer space.

Name:  Chicken 1.JPG
Views: 613
Size:  46.4 KB

Name:  Chicken 2.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  129.3 KB

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Loved reading your brag...I must admit that I have also eaten/made food in order to make more space in the freezer for cheap supermarket finds!!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by potohgold View Post
    There, four more packs is great. I am so smart. I am a chicken drumstick queen.
    Yes you are!
    What a great brag. So well written. I could just see your shopping trips with your words.

And the ice cream tub--> great ending.
    Congrats on your great deals.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    79 (100%)

TRIP 3: Frantically running back in the store, convinced that in the last two minutes, that someone has bought ALL the chicken packs and/or the coupon pad has disappeared. Almost knock over a senior with a walker doing so. Well, not really, but you get my meaning. Arrive at the drumsticks embarrassingly out of breath, but relieved that it is exactly now I left it. Lift my chin haughtily I think myself to be the smartest person in the whole world to have noticed this deal while other people are just walking by. I carefully select four more packs and check out.
    LOL, loved reading this. Such a great score. Enjoy!!
    Last edited by MrsMer; Thu, Nov 26th, 2015 at 12:09 PM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Love the internal dialogue...thanks for the morning chuckle. And great purchase by the way!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Food Basics has Maple Lodge Fresh from the Farm chicken drumsticks or thighs on sale for $1.88LB. A decent, but sort of ho-hum price. But then I spied this coupon in front of the display:

I looked at the packages, and behold, small, petite drumsticks clearly from chickens who clearly were conscious of their figures.

My internal dialogue:

TRIP 1: These are some good looking small drumsticks. And with the $1 coupons, I'll be paying less than a $1 per package. Let's pick up three and make a nice poulet chasseur (which is a sumptuous French chicken stew).

In the car: This is a good deal. Should I go back and get more? (Forehead crinkles like I am trying to divide 391 by 17 in my head) Do I have enough freezer space? Yes I do.

TRIP 2: OK, let's try and be more strategic and go through the packages and look for the packs that not only look good, but also are small packs to get the biggest bang for my $1 coupon buck. There, four more packs is great. I am so smart. I am a chicken drumstick queen.

In the car (again). Cool, I've got a lot of chicken. I'll be set for a while. But wait, chicken drumsticks are so versatile. No, I'm not going back in the store, I've already been twice. But the coupons are right there, asking to be used! It would be an insulting NOT to buy more.

Dividing the grand total I paid by the number of pounds, in the end, I paid about $0.95LB for air-chilled, hormone free, chicken drumsticks.

And now I am eating ice cream out of the tub because I have no more freezer space.

Love your brag!!! Great shop!

I wish the closest food basics wasn't 2 towns over Why oh why can't metro price match

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@potohgold I came in here to post about my great Beneful dog food buy BUT after reading your journey in and out and in and out of the store for chicken legs I could barely contain myself! That was so much fun to read AND you got some terrific deal.

Now onto mine....ha ha
    FB has the 8 kg bags of dry Beneful dog food on for $17.99 AND there are $4.00 off peelies right on some bags! I bought 2 today.
    With taxes added in I paid around $2.00 per kg. Those little 1.6 kg bags are usually over $6.00 ( regular price, which I never buy ) but even on sale I have not seen any of the smaller bags for $2.00....hooray!
    Last edited by walkonby; Thu, Nov 26th, 2015 at 01:21 PM. Reason: missing letter

babies teach us acceptance

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Love pc plus.

bought cases of 6 pepsi bottles. Price matched Walmart 1.97

1.97 minus 80 cent personal offer minus 50 cents in-store offer.....67 cents a case plus tax.

pepsi is to me what coffee is to cyn88canada

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    218 (100%)

Took advantage of an awesome sale at Maxi:
    6X$3.98 Viva towels , minus 6X$3 peelies (thank you karma33)
    4X$3.98 Cottonelle TP, minus 4X$3 (2 peelies &2 printables)
    was able to combine this with other groceries and got extra 7.5 K PC pts for buying over $75 before the tax, out of pocket $26.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

This isn't a super great deal, but I was happy. Got a 21 pc Mr. Potatohead Safari set for $5, original price was $22.99. It was on the clearance table at TRU, and it looked like someone bought it and returned it. A few pieces were missing the plastic wrappers, but everything was complete. I used a gift card waaaay back from my baby shower too, so our little man has another present under the tree

Hubby went shopping today too. Rogers had an employee appreciation sale in campus so he got some Blue Jays merch at 40% off. He also got the Batman Arkham Knight at Best Buy for $30.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

My internal dialogue:

Why did chicken cross the road?

So
    potohgold could use coupon to buy it!

*bwak*
    *bwok* *bwok**bwak*
    Last edited by Arvilish; Thu, Nov 26th, 2015 at 09:37 PM.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Thread Information