User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: second attemp to stack @SOF F A I L E D !!!!!!!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    As somebody who has watched stacking die a slow and painful death, I think people should be grateful for what they get. If P&G is no longer stackable according to a store, don't push it. I'm sure they can get sued for accepting stacks of coupons that clearly go against the terms on the coupon. That or they'll be refused reimbursement on any from that brand again.

If they say no, they say no. Companies are clearly trying to stop stacking, and SOF is going WAY out on a limb by allowing it. People need to take a step back and take what they can get and not worry about what they can't.
    Couldn't agree more! The PriceSmart a few blocks from my house is a nightmare to stack at. I drive to another one way across town where stacking is easier. I am just thankful I can stack anything at all.
    hijinx25 and thriftygranny like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    757 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    As somebody who has watched stacking die a slow and painful death, I think people should be grateful for what they get. If P&G is no longer stackable according to a store, don't push it. I'm sure they can get sued for accepting stacks of coupons that clearly go against the terms on the coupon. That or they'll be refused reimbursement on any from that brand again.

If they say no, they say no. Companies are clearly trying to stop stacking, and SOF is going WAY out on a limb by allowing it. People need to take a step back and take what they can get and not worry about what they can't.

totally agree!!!!!!

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

It would just be nice if there was some consistency !! (within the same store and within the chain of stores)
    hijinx25 likes this.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

huh??

Quote Originally Posted by WillieP View Post
    I tell you if you put it on facebook you will have them jumping - specify P& G stacking and which stores - try it you will like it!!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I will do it and get back to you ok BabyPiggy

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

FB POST I am a member of a national Canadian Couponing Group and would first like to thank your group of companies for being so coupon friendly and also for the great opportunity to be able to stack coupons and stretch our dollars!!!
    There is quite a bit of discussion tho around the discrepancy in policy we receive at different locations.
    We Hope that you can resolve this for us - it is around the issue of whether or not Save On Foods permits P&G coupons with different upcs to be stacked???
    We look forward to your response!!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

8 minutes it took them to respond as follows - Save-On-Foods Hello Albert, we allow coupons to be stacked as long as they have different UPC's. Our coupon guidelines are up to each store manager's discretion to provide the best service and product availability to their customers. Have a great day - SOOOOO clear as mud!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

So implementation of the policy varies depending on the store manager. That is why I cannot be bothered to even discuss the policy at a non_stacking friendly store. It is only my blood pressure that rises while the manager or cashier stands firm. I agree it would be nice to have some consistency but it looks like we are not going to get it.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

its all a numbers game

if you go in with a 3 coupon P&G stack, for their records it all evens out because they would also sell 2 of the product without coupons

so when they need to provide the proof, their books show 3 coupons used, 3 products sold
    hijinx25 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mcon View Post
    its all a numbers game

if you go in with a 3 coupon P&G stack, for their records it all evens out because they would also sell 2 of the product without coupons

so when they need to provide the proof, their books show 3 coupons used, 3 products sold
    Except that when scads of couponers do this and purchase huge quantities, it doesn't even out any more. That's what happened at London Drugs and it's why we can't stack P&G there anymore.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

I think we need a list of coupon-stacking friendly stores and which may cause problems...I'll bring in up with Couponandoff and maybe add it as a category in the Fantastack thread!

It would be nice to know before hand that a store has had issues. Personally, because I've been turned down so many times at some stores in the past, I'm always ready to walk away from a stacked haul. Luckily, it hasn't happened since the changes. I found that it was pointless to argue with managers/cashiers...just try again another day. We used to have one store 15 minutes away from another SOF and one was stack friendly and the other not...go figure. I've even seen it where one cashier would stack and another wouldn't! Luckily, they all seem to be stacking friendly on the island now!!! I'm stocking up in case it changes tho...teehee.

J
    hijinx25 likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    Except that when scads of couponers do this and purchase huge quantities, it doesn't even out any more. That's what happened at London Drugs and it's why we can't stack P&G there anymore.
    yeah, but it is unlikely that us "couponers" all shop at the same stores, since theres 1 of each store in every little town almost.
    on top of that, then theres the thousands of other people who shop at those store, i would still say the amount people buy is more then what 1 or 2 coupons are buying

@ london drugs, yes, people were hoarding stuff, and p&g was losing money so they changed coupons

...sort of like the people stealing zantac tearpads and toothpaste pads, end up with mountains of it

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mcon View Post
    yeah, but it is unlikely that us "couponers" all shop at the same stores, since theres 1 of each store in every little town almost.
    on top of that, then theres the thousands of other people who shop at those store, i would still say the amount people buy is more then what 1 or 2 coupons are buying

@ london drugs, yes, people were hoarding stuff, and p&g was losing money so they changed coupons

...sort of like the people stealing zantac tearpads and toothpaste pads, end up with mountains of it
    My perspective is different because I live in the lower Mainland where stores like Save-On and PriceSmart are swamped with couponers. Many are pre-ordering significant quantities. I am enjoying the return of stacking but since lots of folks are back to hoarding, and tear pads are now disappearing at the speed of light, I am not counting on it lasting. Hope I'm wrong but I really wish people would "fly under the radar" a little more than what many do.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    125 (100%)

emm the one on scottdales mall beside target..

they suck !
    i had a big issue had had to get in contact with the headoffice..
    and i got a call saying it should be all cleared up ..
    and i am going there today .. so i hope it is..

actually the fist time i went .. they only had a copy of their old policy !
    with alll the restrictive wording !
    and the 2nd time i went in with the new policy and yet .. i was NOT alloweed to stack !
    stupid managers !

anyhow.. i hope it is cleared up . will wait and seee

Quote Originally Posted by hijinx25 View Post
    Which SOF on Scott Road. There are two. I've stacked at both before with no problems - P&G and not. Even get overage at the one on Nordel and Scott. I have my favourite cashiers and they know me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information