User Tag List

Page 25 of 61 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
Like Tree4745Likes

Thread: August Frugal chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    I have had my thyroid tested that's fine but i'm extremely anemic and taking iron pill for this but it's some week i have no energy
    That would explain it, liver my dear eat liver as my grandma would have said (lol). Hope you get a little more energy soon.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ohh my poor body aches -helped my girlfriend clean her daughter's yard and garage(they have only lived in the house a few months) they bought the house in a nice area but a hoarder owned the house before them -uggg I carried and heaved stuff into the dumpster then she bought me a timmies lemonade and now I have heartburn -ohh the joys of getting older-yes I took a zantac and now I will try to sleep

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Went through my $60 for groceries... has to get us until Thursday when I get paid again (I budget bi-monthly because I am paid bi-monthly). Just figured out our meal plan until then, and even when we complain we ae no food it just means we don't have any easy-prep food, but the cupboards are stocked with staples.

Tonight: BBQ steaks are marinating, steamed broccoli, baked potatoes
    Sunday: pasta bake with Italian sausage and green peppers, cucumber slicies on the side
    Monday: veggie pita pizzas with side salads
    Tuesday: veggie chili and cornbread (dry beans are sooooo cheap versus canned - and no salt!)
    Wednesday: slow-cooker beef roast with tandoori sauce and a bag of Arctic slow-cooker veggies.

Also plan on boiling some eggs, making banana bread and granola bars tomorrow. I need a reasonable sale on chicken after Thursday so I can weave that through the meal-plan (fiancé doesn't eat fish or much pork).
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Day Everyone,
    Work was kind of slow today so I went down and sat in my office trying to catch up on some paperwork. Got quite a bit done slowly trying to get the US stuff caught up for my half bro to take over. Kind of sucks I never keep it up to date but I guess that is why my half bro is taking over is because I just cannot keep up with all the other jobs I do. I have mixed feelings on this feel I let people down by not keeping up but am kind of happy to have something off my task list.

Kind of having a rough day, not really ready to talk about it as I am still trying to work through it in my head. Hoping to go to the derby with mom tonight but both of us are feeling a little off so we will have too see how we are feeling when it is time to leave.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Day Everyone,
    Work was kind of slow today so I went down and sat in my office trying to catch up on some paperwork. Got quite a bit done slowly trying to get the US stuff caught up for my half bro to take over. Kind of sucks I never keep it up to date but I guess that is why my half bro is taking over is because I just cannot keep up with all the other jobs I do. I have mixed feelings on this feel I let people down by not keeping up but am kind of happy to have something off my task list.

Kind of having a rough day, not really ready to talk about it as I am still trying to work through it in my head. Hoping to go to the derby with mom tonight but both of us are feeling a little off so we will have too see how we are feeling when it is time to leave.
    Sometimes it's a relief to let someone else take over in your case half bro, don't beat yourself up over it, just think it's less stress on you. Sorry to hear you and your mom are nothing feeling like yourselves, hope that turns around and you both get off your butts and head out to the fair/derby and have some good clean fun and of course fair food, yummy.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hiya everyone, hung 1 load of laundry out on the line, need to take it down and hang the other load. Restained 2 of 3 windows sills (2nd coat) and put 1st coat around the door frame. Will try and tackle the last coat on the 3rd window tonight I hope and 2nd coat on door frame. For supper tonight still on the meal plan (lol) steak on the bbq, boiled corn and baked potatoes w/ sour cream and garlic bread (bbq). Dh will be leaving on Tuesay for the moose camp again (sigh) but I plan to re-organize the chest freezer as I just threw in all the EB frozen veggies that I purchased a couple of weeks ago and I need to place them properly so I can have some more room. I also am thinking about finally getting around to stripping the layers and layers off ds#2 dressers as it's looking pretty ratty (got it like this with the paint chipping) but never got around too it. My honey do list that I made when dh finished work at the end of June (off for the summer) really has not gotten anything checked off (never had a summer this crazy busy ever in my life). So I got word from my employer Health Canada that they have given me my early medical retirement on medical grounds, I'm so very relieved as this was a large stress if I was refused. Hope everyone has a great evening and enjoys the rest of this beautiful weekend weather.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well, went looking for bedroom furniture -finally found a nice set -went out all day-will go back and buy it next week -it pays to look around -I have never had a nice set -ikea dresser, odds and ends -going with our friends to festival of friends tonight at 7.00 p.m -yeah free music -food -crafts -fun fun fun - and the guys are willing too go too

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I have a frugal afternoon and I spend just 2,50$ for it:
    I went 2 hours in our outdoor ''Fête de quartier'' they do that each years activities and garage sale by the ''quartier'' famillies,I saw some farm pets ,it was a lovely afternoon in outdoor.
    I spend 0,50$ on a beautiful design vase for flowers
    and 2,00$ for 4 pièces of really brand new fashion design clothes...the lady did to me a final price because in the early afternoon it was 1$ a piece.
    1 top of maternity that I will wear on summer top blue with flower or bed clothing
    2 dynamite dark green kaki blouse with greats details
    1 american jean sweater for the fall in dark Brown

and on top of that she give me a beautiful '' long scarf'' and a design bag for free to put my clothes
    I still need a lot of clothes but what a lovely surprise to paid little for something you wanted.
    I wanted more but the rest was jeans and coton sweater i have in numerous number already
    retail value of this is at least: 50$ and because she took great care its still look like new...no use...
    Cheaper that the thrift store at 1$ a piece easier...I will love those in fall
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Aug 10th, 2013 at 05:47 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I love to be outside the summer when it is not too hot and wish I did more often this summer,still have fews weeks and fall to catch this up lol

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    We gave up the Costco card 3 yrs ago. never looked back andwe are fine with it. good luck at the garage sale
    seeing how far away the nearest costco is i dont think i will miss my card much - its 9 hours away.
    The garage sale probably wont be happening now as the boys arent going to hockey camp until January...and i refuse to do a yard sale with their stuff in it when their mom is in town as she has a habit of poking her nose in EVERYTHING we do with them on our time. She is now talking about doing one herself next weekend and i told her rather bluntly she needs to do it at her own place not here as she seemed to think she needed to. (she thought she should do it here so she could store stuff here afterwards cuz we have sooo much more space - not really but she thinks we do)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    I wonder if they have just as much disposable income because they`re paying less for housing than most people.
    I know of some people in low income housing that the boyfriend is "just visiting" and works out of town 2 to 3 weeks out of every month and when they are there its their home...and they have brand new trucks, quads, snowmobiles...and the gf thats in low income works very little or not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    For the amount that we go to Costco and what we buy, we don't bother buying our own card. We just make arrangements with IL's to go. They get the more expensive card where you can get $ back and between us, IL's and BIL/SIL that go, they always get enough back each year to pay for their card.

I also need to start working on collecting my swagbucks, have been to busy at work for leisure stuff lately lol.
    We're going to ask to go with my bf's parents or brother when we are visiting. We go with them to costco most other times.
    My swagbucks effort the past ten days has been very low.

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyetea View Post
    We use a Costco giftcard. My husband is the one who goes to Costco because it's the only place where he can get paper coffee cups for his club. I made arrangements with a friend to get a Costco giftcard, so no membership is required. When the balance gets very low, I go back with my friend to add more funds to it.

Apart from the (small) hassle of getting a supervisor to authorize the purchase, it works well. We don't buy enough at Costco to justify the $55. I believe I've honed my shopping skills enough by now that I can get the same or better deals at other stores.
    I didnt know they had gift cards non members could use. Thats great to know

My family left yesterday. A couple days earlier than planned as brother inlaws ended up being called into work for overtime on monday. We have a ton of leftovers - i so love that my bf makes leftovers into soup so we have chicken soup and hanburger soup and a pork soup as well as chicken quesadilias, pizza meats, swisschard rolls (like cabbage rolls). We also have all the stuff for yesterday today and sunday meals we had planned - ham, perogies, hamburgers and hotdogs. (enough for 12 people) and theres only two of us til monday.
    We have it figured that grocery wise we'll need things like milk and some veggies maybe soem bread but we wont need any major things for meals.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Gail Vaz-Oxade had her Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/GetGVO?fref=ts

Witch I am now subscribed too......I love their money morron,until debt do us apart and princess tv shows.I have learn a lot by listen to her at slice and honnestly I am more anxious than the people who are invited to the show when I see the $$$$$ of debt.I think many people would have to buy her books,and meet her when I see some expenses lol.Really she as great strategy of finacial planification....these days without some,you cannot go far,I am happy to understand this.
    I love her shows. It amazes me how some people can be so clueless...or let others have a free ride. Also very distinctly remeber an older couple raising their granddaughter trying the show but they didnt get the money at the end because they didnt really participate well.... AND were videoed talking about a credit card they ordered/received AFTer the show started and kept from Gail.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    I love her shows. It amazes me how some people can be so clueless...or let others have a free ride. Also very distinctly remeber an older couple raising their granddaughter trying the show but they didnt get the money at the end because they didnt really participate well.... AND were videoed talking about a credit card they ordered/received AFTer the show started and kept from Gail.
    Yes,I dont remember if it was monney morron or until debt(witch is a word to compare death to me ...) do us apart,,, a Young women and she return with the boyfriend even of his bad habits dont want to change....and dont get the money,the money she offer help but the lessons are so valuables.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

one of my ex-friend said to me I am not good with money........and it think its an habits but....it come with planning and time...he dont understand that...That need some efforts.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I have a frugal afternoon and I spend just 2,50$ for it:
    I went 2 hours in our outdoor ''Fête de quartier'' they do that each years activities and garage sale by the ''quartier'' famillies,I saw some farm pets ,it was a lovely afternoon in outdoor.
    I spend 0,50$ on a beautiful design vase for flowers
    and 2,00$ for 4 pièces of really brand new fashion design clothes...the lady did to me a final price because in the early afternoon it was 1$ a piece.
    1 top of maternity that I will wear on summer top blue with flower or bed clothing
    2 dynamite dark green kaki blouse with greats details
    1 american jean sweater for the fall in dark Brown

and on top of that she give me a beautiful '' long scarf'' and a design bag for free to put my clothes
    I still need a lot of clothes but what a lovely surprise to paid little for something you wanted.
    I wanted more but the rest was jeans and coton sweater i have in numerous number already
    retail value of this is at least: 50$ and because she took great care its still look like new...no use...
    Cheaper that the thrift store at 1$ a piece easier...I will love those in fall
    What a great bargain, Cath! Outdoor festivals are so nice this time of year!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I've been visiting with my db and his family for 3 days and have had no food expenses as I was also asked out to supper to a friend's house while I was there. OOps - I forgot, I DID go out for breakfast with 2 other friends. It's SO great to see my family and my other db travelled with me. My dsil and I went shopping at the Mennonite Relief Second Hand Store and I got a shirt on the .50 rack that will go with one of my light, summer skirts, a nice "cover-up" shirt that will go nicely with a pair of capris($4) that I have and I bought dh a "rib-holder" for his bbq ribs. ($2). We then went to the 10,000 Villages Store and checked through the clearance section. They had a "Buy one thing at the clearance price and get the second item for .01!!!) I got a nice necklace and a pair of earrings that will match another necklace I have for about $10.

I spent a lot of time watching such videos as "Smurfs" with my nephews - snuggling on the couch! PRICELESS!

My db and his wife have cancelled their cable TV and are using "Apple TV". They bought a "modem", I believe, and then can watch anything that you can get on WiFi on their large screen TV. We watched a couple HILARIOUS programs from the BBC called "Walk On the Wild Side". They have also ordered Netflix so they figure they will save a significant amount of money not subscribing to Cable.

While I've been away, dh has been working on the "Honey Do" list but he has to be careful that he doesn't wear himself out! I have to be around to restrain him sometimes as he would work from 8:00 into the afternoon before he would remember to EAT!!

I have had a few new requests for weddings coming up in the fall - so I have to work on them when I get home.

I have done some surveys and got a $5 cheque from Pinecone Research just before I left to go away.

Well, we're getting fairly close to our destination but the train has a "go slow" order as there are major repairs going on on the rails. I guess summer is not only time to fix up roads, but rails too!

Just a note to J&C - I feel your frustration wrt the family you tried to help. This kind of thing happened to me a few years ago. I got rid of the "angst" by reframing my thoughts about it. When I give money or goods away to someone then I have to "let it go" as I no longer "own" it. What I might do with it, is different than what the person who receives it might do with it. Basically, we DO make our own priorities. Sadly, people who get into these financial "pinches" need to make a more frugal plan, but sometimes don't possess the knowledge or skill or inclination to do so. I was glad to hear what another poster was saying about trying to help people to "learn" a new lifestyle.

I, myself, feel that being on SC has helped me to develop the "frugal skills" that I didn't use consistently before. It's helped me to get organized and to rethink my purchasing. I just feel so blessed to be able to learn and share with you all!

Have a great "rest-of-the-weekend"!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Sat, Aug 10th, 2013 at 09:14 PM.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Page 25 of 61 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread Information