User Tag List

Page 26 of 61 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
Like Tree4745Likes

Thread: August Frugal chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all. good day here. we went to the grocery store, used a coupon, got a few great deals. came home, made up a few meals for the freezer. last night, we pulled the pumpkin pie patch, 50 pumpkins.... will do those down later next week. Tommrrow we will pull the restof the potaotes. good garden day.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

The one i recall was she was leaving her husband moved to different apartment and then went back im pretty sure that was a money morons. It made me shake my head. I love though that money morons gives you a now the couple or the person is doing this.... at the end of the show. Its nice to know that her advice helped...or wasnt followed.

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Yes,I dont remember if it was monney morron or until debt(witch is a word to compare death to me ...) do us apart,,, a Young women and she return with the boyfriend even of his bad habits dont want to change....and dont get the money,the money she offer help but the lessons are so valuables.

ok...how do i clear the multi quotes after ive multiquoted?

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

one of my ex-friend said to me I am not good with money........and it think its an habits but....it come with planning and time...he dont understand that...That need some efforts.

Money does tend to require planning. I find now having a budget to follow...and a more consistent income (owning my own business paying everything and everyone else tended to leave me not having much left to actually pay for my own wage - and i didnt have a old enough business that i could be one of the business owners that wrote meals and stuff off as it was still growing and working on covering rent AND employees)

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Had a really lazy day today. Crocheted for awhile this morning then had a nap this afternoon and read a book. Were supposed to go to a wedding reception tonight but didn`t. The tent was in one field, parking in another. Decided it was too long a walk on uneven ground. Both DH and I have bad knees.

J&C so glad your early retirement was approved. It`s a struggle to keep working when you`re not able.
    Last edited by Crochetlady; Sat, Aug 10th, 2013 at 11:02 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Money does tend to require planning. I find now having a budget to follow...and a more consistent income (owning my own business paying everything and everyone else tended to leave me not having much left to actually pay for my own wage - and i didnt have a old enough business that i could be one of the business owners that wrote meals and stuff off as it was still growing and working on covering rent AND employees)
    That's great,and yes budget is the key,for that you need to have some kind of perseverance and see forwart to respect your budget,not spending in unthinking before .Maybe I explain my point more easier like that
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I need to put my expenses of a sheet...example: grocery/bills/clothes/rent/ etc...my mom had this sheet with a Financial planificator and so bad surprises when you see the money dont get separated in the good pourcentage of % dividing circle need.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

As for the clothes(continuing on my sort of brag this afternoon) I only purchase now in thrift store or in good sales...I search and I am not brand picky anymore...The time I spended 100$ for 4-5 of clothes is gone since a very long time...In Thrift store here(qc) they dont donate you money for your purchase if you bring back some clothes,difference of operating those I guess.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

In qc we have an ing add who give you sort of tips in planification.I love the tip on having an account for expenses only and 2 separates account for saving.Not having access to easier to your money and have some saving accumulating is nice and cut the expense.For me I know what I can affort so I did not need that.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath you are on the right track-I only buy on sale clothing and thrift shopping for clothes always-even got hubby convinced too -he only liked marks work warehouse jeans -too much-now he got 2 pairs jeans at thrift store for 17.98 -8.98 each -so better deals-cause we cant save on bills or rent or morgages right -so save every other way we can

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to festival of friends last night -the music was hard metal playing so not interested in that-but girlfriend and I walked around with hubbies -looked at a lot of jewellery nope nothing caught our eyes-but then I seen a tarot card lady doing readings -I always wanted to go -so we both went -girlfriend first-then me -well I pulled the cards "death card" and a pregnancy card" so I was amazed before she even started -so she said you have had a recent death -you were very close -and a daughter-or daughter-in law pregnant -this will make you very happy -then she told me she couldn't read my girlfriend so she didn't charge her-so my girlfriend thinks she is a scam artist- I don't feel that way she was right on 2 of the readings -then she told me changes are coming for me -various other stuff-I had fun for the 20 minutes-she even said I have a hobby I have done a long time and it doesn't net me a lot of money but I really enjoy it -yep that will be couponing done it for 20 some odd years-I found it fun

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hey jasper so glad you got early medical retirement from your job-that must be a relief

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

That's great,and yes budget is the key,for that you need to have some kind of perseverance and see forwart to respect your budget,not spending in unthinking before .Maybe I explain my point more easier like that
    i understand what you mean. And I have to say sometimes outsides dont see what is being tried or how much of a true struggle one is having financially. It tends to be a taboo subject in most social circles if you're financially struggling to mention it....but some people have no problem judging or making assumptions about your situation.

A year ago i got a higher paying job, relocated and started tracking my spending. If i spend money now as soon as i get home it has to go into the tracker and apply to the applicable portion of my budget.
    I have never been one to spend a fortune on clothing, in fact i LOVE getting hand me downs or birthday gifts of clothing. I have always been careful with how i spend my money to a point - i discovered my personal "leak" was snacks and pop and little gifts for my neice, nephew and youngest sister. Which the pop I've been working on curbing. I still get gifts for my family but being 14 hours away that has been limited to when i get to see them now.

About 4 years ago i started using coupons. I tracked how much i saved using them that year because my sisters were teasing it wasnt worth it. I saved enough in the year for my portion of the trip ($1300) to hawaii. Have not stopped using them although I have noticed that alot of things i do use....dont have coupons for...and i'd rather not switch to brands i dont like as much just to save a few cents epsecially if they are more expensive brands now.
    Last edited by saundyl; Sun, Aug 11th, 2013 at 12:45 PM. Reason: added to the post.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Dumpling Recipe: (I believe this one was in the Betty Crocker Cookbook at one time). 1 1/2 cups flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 3/4 tsp salt--Blend dry ingredients together. Add: 3 Tbsp oil and 3/4 cups milk. Mix well together. Drop by spoonful onto top of stew that is simmering. Cook 10 minutes with the top tightly sealed (don't peak). These are doughy type dumplings.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Something I read in one of these posts made me think. I really hope when you are using coupons - you are not buying the brand name just because you have a coupon. Because if the brand you usually buy is less than the anticipated purchase - then you are really not saving any money.

I love when one gets to use a coupon on the half price products Had a great shopping day at the Real Canadian Superstore in June - it was on a Wednesday. Every aisle we went down had half price products and there was a pile of Villageo bread in the half price bin - to go along with my coupons. Going to have to remember to stop by on a Wednesday morning more often (I think it was close to the end of the month as well).

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    What are some of the things you buy at Costco that you find cheaper than anywhere else?
    On our Costco list:
    maple syrup: $12.49/L
    whole wheat flour: $6.99/10 kg
    biodegradable compost bags: $13.49/50 (DH will not use newspaper )
    coffee filters: $3.39/600
    pure vanilla extract: $6.99/473 mL
    brown sugar: $3.09/2 kg
    Spectro Jel cleanser: $16.99/900 mL
    passport photos
    prescriptions

Then there's other things that crop up on sale from time to time like preserved mangoes, yoga pants, etc. I Costco. I know, so bad for the frugal budget....

Page 26 of 61 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread Information