User Tag List

Page 28 of 61 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
Like Tree4745Likes

Thread: August Frugal chatter

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Sorry, late to the party, as ever... I like to buy flour at Costco--the price stays stable where in the grocery stores it goes up and down. Brown Sugar, Kirkland cinnamon is the best anywhere, Kirkland bottled garlic when we run out of fresh, some of our vitamins (not all), Yeast in vacuum bulk package (like a brick),sometimes good deals on coffee and peanut butter and kraft parmesan cheese. Honestly, a huge bunch of bananas for 1.99 when everywhere else is.77-.88/lb. And if I am there I always get milk and gas.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hoping to get my back to school lunch making supplies organized soon. I tend to have tons of dishes during the school week since I tend to use so many little containers for everything (try not to pack sugar and junk for my kids etc) so I don't usually buy the pre-packaged stuff. I like the little re-useable litterless juice containers for sending chocolate milk, white milk and water etc. Hoping to get some good ideas for the thermos (homemade mac and cheese for sure since my guy loves it) I would like to hear all of your ideas for packing healthy lunches. We could also post our shopping items in the new school year as we see the sales?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    The one i recall was she was leaving her husband moved to different apartment and then went back im pretty sure that was a money morons. It made me shake my head. I love though that money morons gives you a now the couple or the person is doing this.... at the end of the show. Its nice to know that her advice helped...or wasnt followed.
    I think Gail got a lot of feedback from Princess that viewers wanted to know if there was any follow-up, so it's nice that she mentions it at the end of a show.

The show you refer to is the only one I've seen. The husband declared his wife a money moron, while he was a major part of the problem. Sheesh, wouldn't work more than 20 hours a week, but expected his stay-at-home wife to foot half the bills, despite the fact she was looking after his baby.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    That's great,and yes budget is the key,for that you need to have some kind of perseverance and see forwart to respect your budget,not spending in unthinking before .Maybe I explain my point more easier like that
    I agree that respecting a budget is key, but even then, a lot of our spending is automatic. I discovered by doing a monthly tally of expenses by category, after a few months, some expenses come to the top as being unnecessary. I find people don't do that exercise long enough. If you do one month's worth of totals, everything will be justified. After six months of spending $200 on magazines every month for example, you start wondering why you think you need them.

It's one thing to stick to a budget, it's another to be happy to say no against some expenses.

Oh, another valuable tool is figuring out how many hours you actually have to work for pay for something. We assume that we can afford buying a new toy by dividing the cost of the item by our hourly wage. That's a big mistake. Gail mentionned it in one of her Princess shows. The person in question, after all her basic expenses were removed from her hourly wage, had $2 left an hour for her wants. It put a whole new spin on how many hours she had to work to pay her cell phone bill.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    DH usually cooks them on the bbq from frozen. We've also used them in stir frys. Never had a problem with them.
    Will try them on the BBQ. Thanks!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Hoping to get my back to school lunch making supplies organized soon. I tend to have tons of dishes during the school week since I tend to use so many little containers for everything (try not to pack sugar and junk for my kids etc) so I don't usually buy the pre-packaged stuff. I like the little re-useable litterless juice containers for sending chocolate milk, white milk and water etc. Hoping to get some good ideas for the thermos (homemade mac and cheese for sure since my guy loves it) I would like to hear all of your ideas for packing healthy lunches. We could also post our shopping items in the new school year as we see the sales?
    Do you go through a ton of little plastic food containers during the school year? My son is BRUTAL for losing containers or forgetting them at school. I could spend a small fortune on containers. Juice containers always seem to lose the lid. Kinda like how socks mysteriously disappear in the dryer

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hey all -went and ran a few errands today(dentist) -visited a few friends and popped into giant tiger -ate shredded wheat and raisin bread for supper -my teeth are killing me after cleaning from 10.00 this morning -they are still sensitive-uggg may go to bed early after some tylenol

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I Wonder how many days the coupon for a free product of general mill via save.ca will take to come..because general mill said 2-3 weeks and save.ca 5-8 days...kind of confusing
    Does the cereals promo with save.ca for pins are all like that?
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    If it takes 9 months to gain, then give yourself at least 9 months. Nursing really helps contract your tummy, mine was back to "normal" after a month with the second. Sooner with first. My tummy was never flat, always curvy, so everyone's "normal" will be different. Several of my friends had trouble saying good-bye to their pre-pregancy tummy because it was never quite the same. I was much more self-conscious about my tummy before pregnancy than after.
    I think my issue is being afraid I'll never fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes and have to buy a whole new wardrobe. The cost of that really scares me, not to mention the time it takes to find all those clothes because my sizing is never considered average.

Can't I just stay home with LO? She doesn't care if I wear a bag, but the people at work might.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I Wonder how many days the coupon for a free product of general mill via save.ca will take to come..because general mill said 2-3 weeks and save.ca 5-8 days...kind of confusing
    Does the cereals promo with save.ca for pins are all like that?
    Are you talking about the free breakfast items? I think mine took closer to 2-3 weeks.
    Crochetlady, Angela273 and cath007 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Sadly, people who get into these financial "pinches" need to make a more frugal plan, but sometimes don't possess the knowledge or skill or inclination to do so. I was glad to hear what another poster was saying about trying to help people to "learn" a new lifestyle.
    Can someone please teach my DH how to live a frugal lifestyle? I have tried many times and seem to be failing lol.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    So I got word from my employer Health Canada that they have given me my early medical retirement on medical grounds, I'm so very relieved as this was a large stress if I was refused. Hope everyone has a great evening and enjoys the rest of this beautiful weekend weather.
    Very happy for you J&C, this is great news and a HUGE weight lifted off your shoulders. My aunt always tells me to just believe and everything will eventually fall into place

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    Do you go through a ton of little plastic food containers during the school year? My son is BRUTAL for losing containers or forgetting them at school. I could spend a small fortune on containers. Juice containers always seem to lose the lid. Kinda like how socks mysteriously disappear in the dryer
    My youngest is pretty good for bringing them back but the oldest not so good. Oldest is entering grade nine so I will be wrapping his sandwiches in foil because I think missing containers will happen more often so I'm not taking a chance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good start to the day. Brought my coffee and smoothie from home. Leftover stir-fry for lunch. Will be hitting Wal-Mart at lunch for a little walk around lol but only plan on buying Almond milk and turkey breast for wraps for my DS for his camp lunch tomorrow, Thursday and Friday. (Cheaper then $3 a day for pizza like I did last week for a treat)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

I have a frugal afternoon and I spend just 2,50$ for it:
    I went 2 hours in our outdoor ''Fête de quartier'' they do that each years activities and garage sale by the ''quartier'' famillies,I saw some farm pets ,it was a lovely afternoon in outdoor.
    I spend 0,50$ on a beautiful design vase for flowers
    and 2,00$ for 4 pièces of really brand new fashion design clothes...the lady did to me a final price because in the early afternoon it was 1$ a piece.
    1 top of maternity that I will wear on summer top blue with flower or bed clothing
    2 dynamite dark green kaki blouse with greats details
    1 american jean sweater for the fall in dark Brown

and on top of that she give me a beautiful '' long scarf'' and a design bag for free to put my clothes
    I still need a lot of clothes but what a lovely surprise to paid little for something you wanted.
    I wanted more but the rest was jeans and coton sweater i have in numerous number already
    retail value of this is at least: 50$ and because she took great care its still look like new...no use...
    Cheaper that the thrift store at 1$ a piece easier...I will love those in fall
    Great yard sale finds Cath! I wish I could buy some clothes at yard sales but unfortunately I don't know what size I will be in a month or two from now after having the baby. I think the goodwill/talize/value village 50% off sales are going to be my best friend this fall

We also found some great deals at a couple yard sales this Saturday... for $8 we bought a bunch of clothes for baby which would have retailed WELL over $100+
    - 11 Carters baby onesies
    - 2 Carters sleepers
    - 2 Carters outfits (1 with hat)
    - 2 pairs of lined pants
    - 1 brand new knit sweater with tags still

I also got a really cute brown Hush Puppies leather purse for $1. Score!

Page 28 of 61 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread Information