User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Don't touch my stockpile!!!!!!!

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

OMG, we must be married to the same man! Mine doesn't realize that I go behind him all the time, either. He thinks the kids do it...darn kids, lol!!!!
    vesper likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.march6 View Post
    OMG, we must be married to the same man! Mine doesn't realize that I go behind him all the time, either. He thinks the kids do it...darn kids, lol!!!!
    Yes, the amount of stuff that the kids get blamed for is impressive. Don't know what I'm going to do when they move out. Thank god I've got a few years to figure this one out.

NR3
    Female
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

my SIL always conveniently stops by my house on her way to the grocery stores etc, twice when i wasn't home, and she goes "shopping" in my stockpile. DH let her take what she wanted because he is a push over. Her fav items to take are my tide pods samples, downy samples, my dove body wash, my bath and body works mini sanitizers, lotions, hand wash, my glade stuff, and sometimes my shavers! the list can go on and on. Oh and she always asks me for coupons, and when i have extra i do give her, then only to realise she never uses the coupons!!!!! i see them lying on her coffee table expired! gets me so annoyed.
    vesper likes this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Omgosh, I would be really upset about that Maybe just give her the coupons and tell her where the deals are.. then its up to her to pick things up. I think we make it look easy but a bunch of time and effort goes into couponing. Some don't want to put in the effort but want the reward..

.. My kids like to browse mine every time they come over and if they want something they ask.. I really like helping them out and its so fun to do it with coupon stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by NR3 View Post
    my SIL always conveniently stops by my house on her way to the grocery stores etc, twice when i wasn't home, and she goes "shopping" in my stockpile. DH let her take what she wanted because he is a push over. Her fav items to take are my tide pods samples, downy samples, my dove body wash, my bath and body works mini sanitizers, lotions, hand wash, my glade stuff, and sometimes my shavers! the list can go on and on. Oh and she always asks me for coupons, and when i have extra i do give her, then only to realise she never uses the coupons!!!!! i see them lying on her coffee table expired! gets me so annoyed.
    coupon girl and vesper like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    652 (100%)

no one at home touch my stockpile, hubby said it is yours..(he gave opinions but not touch)
    kids got excited with new items and they helps but after that moment if they need something, they ask first if they can take it or not
    Ciel and vesper like this.
    TL & WL : http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/399761-...hicken-canada/

LF $4 Genie Diaper REfill, $5,$10,$15 of any Similac or a Similac Mom, $5 Glucerna,

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

i have one family member that feels intitled, hense if she see's you have something and she wants/needs it, she just takes it. I only stock pile things i can use and i don't stock pile that much ( a few months worth) so it does bother me when people come and touch my stock pile, especially when i find stuff missing.
    vesper likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had no idea my mother has a bit of a stockpile! I went to grab a bottle of Pepsi and she was watching me. How cute! Mostly dog food and cleaning stuff.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

With parents, adult children better anticipate that they will be asked to help the folks with some chores or deeds in exchange for shopping the stash.

As for SCers with family members not respecting the do not touch without permission aspect: get locks or lay down the law that divorce/shunning is around the corner. Or you will help yourself to using their car/clothing/gadgets etc. at your leisure and see how they like it! Word might spread fast if you can get firm on that boundary.

Signs on the exterior doors or hallways might convey the point as well.
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Aug 26th, 2013 at 05:50 PM.
    vesper likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Divorce for looting the stockpile? I love it! But seriously, you'd get the same value from your
    threats if you said no baked goods or warm buns if rule violated

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

NO ONE TOUCHES THE STOCKPILE!!!!!!!!!! For those of us who work hard at saving, to have someone (and I don't give a hoot that they're family) take stuff from our stock piles is a crime!!

If that were to happen in my house it would result in there being a lock put on the supplies - with me carrying the only key!!!!! (and yes, I realize I'm talking about an entire room - but you've gotta do what you've gotta do)
    vesper likes this.
    Michelle

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I don't mind people touching or looking at my stockpile. However, if they want something they have to pay the tax. I used to just give friends and family members stuff for free. Then I realize that some of them was coming over too often for "free" stuff. So I now have rules for taking stuff, the main one is pay what I paid after couponing.

Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Although the stockpile in y house is there do to my hard work, my dad has always paid the tax or the few dollars to get the item. As much as I would like to have full control of my stockpile, I am not allowed to tell people they can't Take things. (As in the people in my house...my brother is constantly taking all the lip balm!)bhowever when family comes over I have a rule 'look with your eyes, not with your hands' haha and everyone respects that. I always share if the ask first my little sister is so excited when I let her take her very own bottle of shampoo and conditioner. She still pretty little and it made her happy to have her own!
    vesper likes this.
    Come Join me on Swawbucks! It's an easy way to earn money for next Christmas! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Natalierose1995

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm taking an emotional toll reading this thread! I so badly yearn to go over and mess with a persons stockpile, it's driving me nuts!!!
    Frugal Lisa likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Why are you so cruel to everyone's stockpiles Vesper??

I can understand why you all dislike people messing with your stockpile! My mom used to call mine her mini store... It drove me insane!!! But now I thought her how to get the deals and if she chooses not to get them that is her issue. I am willing to help people get the deals, but if you aren't willing to do some of the work than (IMO) you shouldn't be 'stealing' it from me.
    jayne_a and vesper like this.
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Lisa View Post
    Why are you so cruel to everyone's stockpiles Vesper??
    It's pure temptation!!
    btw.... Nice to see you again, since your birthday, you've not been here much
    Frugal Lisa likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information