User Tag List

Page 39 of 96 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast
Like Tree8552Likes

Thread: Serious September Savers Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Congratulation for trying for a third baby,and for becoming an auntie.
    Thank you Cath! I hope you slept well and are feeling more positive today.

I have some errands to run today, I'm also hoping to find some new coupons while I'm out. Anyone looking for anything? I'd be happy to send you some if I can find them today.
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning everyone. Rainy day here. Hockey tonight and parent meeting and will be writing out a cheque for more $$ (darn Rep team) Have DS's dinner ready in the fridge in Tupperware ready to heat up for him (chicken, rice and cucumbers on the side) so he can't bug me to buy him something at the rink! Bought a case of powerade at FB this week and will make sure I have a cold one ready after his games so I don't have to hand over a toonie for the vending machine. Thinking I may buy a few more so I don't run out.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Lisa View Post
    Ill be canning on Monday... Lots to get done!!

We are very excited to start trying for our third, I always wanted three but the dh wasn't so sure. I think he thinks I'm crazy cause I started a 'baby shelf' in the stockpile already, but wipes and diapers won't expire!! Lol! I have also been dying to be an aunt forever so it was a big day for me when I found out!
    Congrats!! I am anxious to be an Aunt as well!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvToUseCoupons View Post
    I am sooooo over budget this month...
    I mean like by 65% (so far)
    Will have to be very FRUGAL for the rest of the month.
    And I did so well last month...
    Not this month....I will have to try and get it back on track for next month.
    You and I both. I was doing so good all summer. September....not so much!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    You are not alone this month. I keep scratchin my head thinking how can the summer have been cheaper, I mean I didn't buy/spend tons on the kids, just new shoes and 3 pairs of pants from WM...grr. So you are not alone I'm right there beside you....
    I am thinking the same thing. How could I spend so little all summer and save money? Now, 12 days into September I feel like I am sooo behind(not on bills) and spending so much! Here's to a better October.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Lisa View Post
    I organized all my coupons this morning, what a task!! But I am feeling much better about how it's sorted now, and hopefully that will help me with my shop on Friday. It's going to be a big trip for me, we got a bigger deep freezer and I donated a lot this week so I can 're-stock' my stockpile with the great sales and no tax.

My stockpile has changed a lot in the last few weeks, I found out I'm going to be an aunt and my dh and I decided to start trying for our third baby soon. It is very exciting, but I'm trying to get some baby stuff in my stockpile now. Since our youngest is potty trained I hadn't needed wipes or diapers and I am stocking all up already (keep in mind I'm sharing and it will all be used by our third and our niece or nephew.)
    How exciting. Hope you get lots of baby deals for your stock pile.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[QUOTE=LuvToUseCoupons;5628655]I had a similar experience with Bell...I'm paying the same amount as you, and basically when I phone they told me that there was nothing they could do for me, the rep actually went as far as to say that the discounts are for the new customer...so I'm so out of luck as she had nothing to offer me.
    I told her ok go ahead and cancel my home service and she told me that if I'm going to keep there number just get my new phone company to call and they'll do the transfer/cancellation.
    I could not believe that they were willing to do nothing to keep me and basically said bye .[/QUOT

Brutal! The funny thing was about a week after I cancelled my home phone I received a card in the mail from Bell saying "We are sorry to see you go". Yeah...not sorry enough to match Shaw or lower my home phone bill. Not sad to see them go

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvToUseCoupons View Post
    I am sooooo over budget this month...
    I mean like by 65% (so far)
    Will have to be very FRUGAL for the rest of the month.
    And I did so well last month...
    Not this month....I will have to try and get it back on track for next month.
    I was like that last month. I added it up and i managed to spend almost 1000 more than i earned because we used money we saved for when we had company plus i dipped into the tfsa to help out on a couple bills from my bfs responsibilities.

So far this month we're doing better - or atleast i am with spending. He's put out more when it comes to his boys due to school and hockey and such.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I found a movie code attached to an energizer battery package in the drawer. There's still a valid movie pass attached to it! It won't be possible to get out to see a movie with the baby though, so it's up for trade. The participating movie theaters are listed on www.energizer.ca/movie. I believe the pass is valid for two months after you print it, or you enter the code, and the code is valid until September 30, 2013.

Anyone interested in seeing a movie? The code is worth up to $14 towards the purchase of an adult admission.

In other news, not such a frugal month, I'm afraid. More money out with DH's kind and generous giving (and no coupons were used in this event) but I am proud of his big heart. Also, the latte factor is growing as he is buying more and more Timmy's coffee with LO keeping him from sleep.
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Thu, Sep 12th, 2013 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Added value

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Inquiring mind strange question: At witch year old you saw or noticed your first white hair?
    I discover one this morning when I was brushing my hairs,I am just 28 years old,that freak me out....
    I know it could be faster with stress,habits,lifestyle...What do you think of that? Or maybe genetic? My mother had her hairs colored the first time at 30 years old,and at 40 and more she had grey and white hairs if she dont dye hit...I never taught and made big deal about that...until I see one..mine lol

What are yours taught about that?
    I started dyeing my hair at 18. It`s a genetic thing. One of my brothers had salt and pepper hair at 20. Mom on the other hand didn`t go really gray til in her 80`s. I guess it skipped a generation.

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I found a movie code attached to an energizer battery package in the drawer. There's still a valid movie pass attached to it! It won't be possible to get out to see a movie with the baby though, so it's up for trade. The participating movie theaters are listed on www.energizer.ca/movie. I believe the pass is valid for two months after you print it, or you enter the code, and the code is valid until September 30, 2013.

Anyone interested in seeing a movie? The code is worth up to $14 towards the purchase of an adult admission.

In other news, not such a frugal month, I'm afraid. More money out with DH's kind and generous giving (and no coupons were used in this event) but I am proud of his big heart. Also, the latte factor is growing as he is buying more and more Timmy's coffee with LO keeping him from sleep.
    it is sweet of your dh to be so giving, my dh is the same. Some guys would give anyone the shirts off their backs, so sweet!!

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    I started dyeing my hair at 18. It`s a genetic thing. One of my brothers had salt and pepper hair at 20. Mom on the other hand didn`t go really gray til in her 80`s. I guess it skipped a generation.

Oh... White hair... I found my first one while pregnant with my second (I was 23) I cried for two days... Pregnancy hormones to blame I think.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

A teacher is sick. I just got called to teach the afternoon for her. I will be paid for a .55 day (because we get paid based on the percent of a full day worked). I am happy with that. I was joking to dh that I will now have the money to pay my cell phone bill. I'll have to eat and make sure that I am ready to go. All my dress clothes are clean in the closet, so that part is easy.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Sep 12th, 2013 at 07:39 PM. Reason: spelling error
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Afternoon ladies

Haven't been well again big migraine all day yesterday and it was really humid here 98% humidity no wonder i have a migraine.I was awake all night as it was pouring rain and i had the window opened that's all i heard was the rain.

Avon-I don't know how you can take 2 Tylenol Pm i would be out of it in the morning.I take 1 sometimes it doesn't work until 4 or 5 hrs later and then i can't do anything in the morning lol

Cath- sorry about your problems,i said once if you got rid of your family you would have very little problems lol

Frugal Lisa -congrats on starting baby no.3,my youngest dd has 3 girls and they are having a hard go of it,kids always need something
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Well broke my budget for September already. I need to get into the habit of setting aside money specifically for emergencies!!!

DS has gotten really sick over the past two days so took him to the doctors this morning, he has a throat infection. So dished out $30 for meds and $5 for Popsicles. Then at walmart I noticed the 180 count bottles of Disney gummy vitamins are on rollback for $12, needed vitamins anyways and happened to have a $2 coupon in my wallet. IMO it was a great deal for 6 months of vitamins! Usually I with coupon I get the 60 count bottles for about $6. Home now and he is cuddled up with his grandma on the couch watching ice age. His absolute favourite movie. Lol. His dad wants to see him tonight and since he's sick I will be staying for the visit and dinner too. Joy. Haha.

On another note I weighed myself yesterday and lost 4lbs since my last weigh in two weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Page 39 of 96 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast

Thread Information