User Tag List

Page 49 of 96 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
Like Tree8552Likes

Thread: Serious September Savers Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Oh September, you are so rough on my bank account. Turns out the problems kitty has been having are crystals and an infection. Means special food again and more meds. But at least she'll feel better soon.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

My little fashion joy for today,a frugal ones of coarse: I had already 2 jacket of jeans,1 fall spring outwear brown,2 -3/4-(red one and black white) long outward but I searched for a black one stylish...my friend of couponning offered me 1 for 5$...it Worth 40$ at least and it is a Simmons 2 years old never weared it is too long for her she is a small..I am a medium,it is a medium...so now we will do exchange of clothes not just products and coupons,just need to solidified the buttons ...happy me...I searched and saw those at 50-100$ easier...

http://www.simons.ca/fre/product/le_double_boutonnage_matiere_mixte/6772-959

exactly this one,but short....love it win win
    so now I have 7 fall outwears,need to think about the winter now,,I had only 2 outwears lol

Even in Thrift Stores it is 10$ and they had not those ones they are just too beautiful
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Sep 16th, 2013 at 11:05 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    cath don't regret things that are in the past and you cannot change as they say "that was then and this is now", live in the present not the past and look forward to the future (day by day, hour by hour). I met an old friend today for coffee chit chat (2 hours) we laughed so hard we were both crying and I was really glad I made the effort to let her know I would be in town. Don't stress over things that you are not able to change or control.
    Thank you for this response!!! You always have the right sentence or words for me those times!!!I truly appreciate it!!!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    For anyone who is interested I noticed on the airmiles website today that you can get a one year subscription to Moneysense Magazine( 7 issues) for 75 dream reward miles( regular is 110 miles). I subscribe to this every year and find it has tons of good financial advice for Canadians.
    Argh! I totally missed this!

Actually, I forgot my pin code (there are just too many to remember!). By the time I was able to get back into my account, the sale was over.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath that coat is so cute -good for you for swapping clothing-that is thrifty for sure

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

jasper good that you had 2 hours of laughing with a past friend -I bet that felt great

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

We had our first frozing this night.It's getting cold
    For me today it is to catch up some grocery deals,and restarted the big clean up thing.
    I hope everyone will have a great day!!!

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Good morning everyone! Today I will be canning my salsa (yellow tomato salsa, some of my friends and family can't eat red tomatoes so I grew yellow just for them.) and beets. Hopefully it will all go smoothly! I will check in Ina little while. I hope you all have great days.
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well my frugal find yesterday was furniture. I was saying to my DH just last week that our dining chairs are getting ratty looking and maybe a bit unsteady-they were homemade for me 37 years ago and have been recovered 3 times. They came with a beautiful round knotty pine table which is still fine and is so thick on top we have sanded the top down a few times. So off we went to Ikea last Monday to find 4 new chairs but I could find nothing that would look quite right with my table which I wanted to keep. The nicest I could find would be 4 for 210.00 with tax but they did not come in the natural finish I wanted. Anyway on Sunday night with company over mine broke as I pushed back from the table and I ended up on the floor but was not really hurt-one bruise and glad it was me rather than a guest!! Well that did it-I called around and perused Kijiji and even put my own ad on there, By evening we had a lovely Scandia( good brand and very sturdy) round table with 4 chairs for $100.00 which I like better than the brand new chairs I saw at Ikea-the chairs match my old table perfectly colour wise but I think we will sand it all and restain anyway and it will all look brand new. And even though we didn't need another table we now have that in the basement to use or sell-hey maybe I can sand that up and sell it for $100.00 and then my chairs would be free save for a little labour! I did not even mind buying new but in this case I couldn't find anything I liked that would match my table. Tonight we are going to see another 4 chairs for $70-if we like them we will keep them in the basement for spares for when company comes. No more cloth covered chairs for us-they get so grotty especially with kids. If we decide we want anything on the wooden chairs we will buy some washable cushions that attach.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good to know! I have bought 5 so far so hope we like it. My friend thinks they are good too so may go back for a few more Can't resist the deal and will really at to my stock

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I actually don't mind the cascades, my preferred brand is Royale. Charmin, Cottonelle and the other one the name doesn't come to mind but they are so thick they block up my toilet.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    My little fashion joy for today,a frugal ones of coarse: I had already 2 jacket of jeans,1 fall spring outwear brown,2 -3/4-(red one and black white) long outward but I searched for a black one stylish...my friend of couponning offered me 1 for 5$...it Worth 40$ at least and it is a Simmons 2 years old never weared it is too long for her she is a small..I am a medium,it is a medium...so now we will do exchange of clothes not just products and coupons,just need to solidified the buttons ...happy me...I searched and saw those at 50-100$ easier...

http://www.simons.ca/fre/product/le_double_boutonnage_matiere_mixte/6772-959

exactly this one,but short....love it win win
    so now I have 7 fall outwears,need to think about the winter now,,I had only 2 outwears lol

Even in Thrift Stores it is 10$ and they had not those ones they are just too beautiful
    Cathy that is a fantastic coat...lucky you, hope your cleaning and shopping goes well today.

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Does anyone notice a difference bewtween downy liquid softener and fleecy?

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    No more cloth covered chairs for us-they get so grotty especially with kids. If we decide we want anything on the wooden chairs we will buy some washable cushions that attach.
    Thanks for the tip. We will look for wooden chairs for our dining table. I did see some really nice velvet covered chairs out on garbage day. They looked to be in perfect shape but a little old-fashioned and the wood was just what I was looking for. DH refused to touch them though, and I admit that the added expense of re-upholstering them is something I know nothing about. With my schedule now, the last thing I need is to add a project like that to my list. I'm getting better at recognizing what I can't or shouldn't do.

My timing seems to be off again. I started a bank account for LO three weeks ago, after calling in and seeing if there were any upcoming promotions for her. They said there were none, and last week, we received a mailout offering $25 for new children's accounts!

Today I'll hopefully get a bit of cleaning done, or at least get the laundry taken outside to dry. LO has been a handful lately and didn't sleep well yesterday, poor thing.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

That's a beautiful coat. Nice find!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I like downy the best. I've tried others but always come back to downy (think I just love the smell of it not that I think it works any better)

Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post
    Does anyone notice a difference bewtween downy liquid softener and fleecy?

Page 49 of 96 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast

Thread Information