User Tag List

Page 57 of 96 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast
Like Tree8552Likes

Thread: Serious September Savers Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Lisa View Post
    It really does feel good, and my dad (we are VERY close) knew I was having a bad day so he brought me a bunch of pickling cucumbers to start pickling with me. So in a few weeks I will also have those! He is an amazing man, brought me coffee too. So sweet.
    Your dad sounds like a great and thoughtful man, lucky to have him. Funny how parents know how to turn things around and/or create positive distractions, they are so wise. I'm sure your dad enjoyed your time together just as much as you did if not more, so happy that you had some positive energy around you today.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I have not seen these too,I assume couponners of my little city already cleared out
    coupons zones and booklet versions infos here :http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/366519-...avings-canada/
    cath I can't find these either I have looked at 2 different Independent Grocers and no luck

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    Sorry to hear of all of the heart ache around here. Was coming by to gripe about my bank fees this month (over draft and stupidity of my own accord) but that all seems silly now. Love to you all.
    Gripe away I'm pissed at my LOC (line of credit) and can't seem to shake this financial funk I'm it. But I hear ya It's true there is always someone worse off and today has been filled with many different tragedies sorry everyone for all your tragic losses.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

ok.. so after bribing my son with a half hour of his game on the TV system in exchange for putting all my xmas stuff away.. i have my dining room back.. while he did that my dishes were done and kitchen cleaned.. so now tomorrow i can hopefully focus on getting my errands done.. before noon.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    So very sorry for your loss. Today has been a horribly sad day in my home as well. My daughter got on her bus this morning and found out that her old friend from elementary school had committed suicide last night. She was only 15 years old. My heart is broken for her family. I have never cried so much. Hearing about the train and bus crash compounded my sadness. Grieving for all the hurting families today.
    So sorry for your daughter's loss of her friend and their family, I can't imagine and don't ever want to. So very traffic such a young lady with the whole world ahead of her. May she rest in peace. I hope that your gets counselling if she needs it, it never hurts to talk to someone.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    ok.. so after bribing my son with a half hour of his game on the TV system in exchange for putting all my xmas stuff away.. i have my dining room back.. while he did that my dishes were done and kitchen cleaned.. so now tomorrow i can hopefully focus on getting my errands done.. before noon.
    Don't you love bribery with kids (lol). So it sounds like you can scratch this off your goals/challenges list? awesome job

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    My birthday is january 15 in case someone want to send me a card lol
    For now I am debatting on a Jean Coutu sale finish tomorrow about a numeric kodac at 69$...brand one,16 mégapixels,I dont know if I should purchase a cellular with min for the same price.......this question is on my head since 1 year,I want to fix it lol
    CATH! You and I share Birthday! Ha! Cosmic Connection!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh Lisa, I was wondering if there would be anyone on here that would know anyone in the crash. I didn't realize that there had been another tragedy around your area! Please accept my sympathies, Having such a sad thing happen so close is always very jarring and scary!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Lisa View Post
    I'm having a horrible morning, not only did an co transpo bus have an accident with a train this morning. I also found out that a body found in a town near my was a friend of mine when I was younger... I don't think I'll make it to target today... I may just go back to bed and cry.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I am excited. I just got a call to teach 1 & 1/2days at St. Mary's School for the beginning of October. I just started on the sub list at this school, and this is my first time teaching for them.

I forgot to add that a friend gave me a few beets from her garden yesterday. I want to cook them for lunch before the weekend because dh HATES beets. I'll eat them and let LO try beets for the first time.
    that's fantastic

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I just had a person make arrangements to buy my rocking chair for $45. That's how much I paid for it just before LO was born. We had to drive quite a ways to pick it up from a farm. I never really used it.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shmeelady View Post
    Oh my word. I never thought a 2 year old could be so filled with attitude.

A few days ago I bought him a new pair of shoes, he refused to try then on. He threw them said they were yucky, he wanted a RED pair I shoes!! So yesterday I went and found a red pair and exchanged the other ones, of COURSE a size 9 was too small for him. So this morning I had to go to walmart once again and exchange them for a size 10 which they didn't have in the red ones. Had to get him a blue and orange pair instead. Now he will not take them off, LOL.

I cannot believe how big he is, he really needs to stop growing up already. He is now almost 39lbs and 39.5 inches tall. Seems like just yesterday he was my 7.5lb little newborn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    kids can certainly be challenging at times and lovey dovey the next, enjoy the little dude as they grow up so fast. Congrats on all your weight loss.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

A person posted on that Facebook group giving away pickling cucumbers. I just picked up a bag full from her. She's going to message me after she digs up carrots so that I can get a bunch of those from her for free too. I think my day is looking up.
    That's fantastic, are you going to make pickles or just eat them fresh, gotta love free fresh produce.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Well yesterday spent the better part of the day at the clinic and the hospital had x-rays on my shoulder .The Dr. said nothing broken but it will be sore for awhile tylenol and ice packs is about all they can do,i guess i will live it could have been worse i could have broken it
    Sorry, YOU AND ME, I missed what happened to you. How did you hurt your arm? I use Voltarine when I have soreness, as you don't have to ingest it, just rub it on!
    Hope you are soon feeling better!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

yes.. Jas.. thankfully I conquered my goal.. however it seems theres always another one waiting in the wings..
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Challenge/Goal Updates???? With the month just a little over 1/2 over (yikes) I'll be glad for September to be over and hoping for a better October financially anyways, just wondering how everyone is doing with your challenges/goals, etc. Perhaps you have changed some of your goals along the way to make them more achievable (like me haha) or have scratched a few off your list with a check mark for having tackled/conquered them. Anyone want to share their progress (not mandatory)
    Crochetlady and Angela273 like this.

Page 57 of 96 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast

Thread Information