• 1 Post By trishka
  • 1 Post By momof3heathens
  • 1 Post By trishka

Thread: What Happens Now?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

So,

My dd18 ordered a text book from Amazon.ca for her class at college.

According to Amazon's website and CP it was delivered today, however it wasn't in the mail slot nor a delivery notice. We live in an apartment building with a buzzer however I probably slept through it this morning.

Would CP just leave it in the lobby? If so what can be done about it at this stage? We are freaking out. She will have to pay $150 at the school to buy a new copy if she can't get by Wednesday.
    This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com, Canada Post
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you have a tracking number, call Canada Post and let them know that even though it said delivered, you never received it nor did you receive a pick up notice. Give them the tracking number, they should be able to speak to the driver and find out if the package was left in the lobby (which they shouldn't do and usually don't, at least mine doesn't). Stress that it is time sensitive. You could also go to the post office where you usually pick up packages and give them your name and address to see if the package was left there, I recently found out that you don't need the actual piece of paper they leave to pick up a package, just proof of ID that you live at the address.

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

last year, i placed a $200 online order with another vendor, and I was tracking it nearly every day. The following Tuesday, i was checking the status, and it said it was delivered on that very same day. I called up CP immediately, and told them that I had not received it - I am home every day, and this order was never delivered. CP told me that sometimes, the driver will change the status to delivered prior to delivering the order. They asked me to wait until the end of the week - Friday. So i did - nothing came. I contacted the vendor, who contacted CP - in the end, I got my money back because I never received the order.
    Angela273 and gourmetsue like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Well Canada Post said it shows delivered. Emailed Amazon. There was only that one copy available when she ordered. Just waiting to hear back now. If she bought one from the school bookstore and the order shows up down the road can she still get her money back?
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

I just had this happen to me. I purchased a very expensive item online and tracked it like a hound dog. It showed as delivered but there was no way the post lady came to the house and we had no message in our community box. It wasn't until the next day that the notice card showed up in the box and we went to pick it up.

If you don't have a notice tomorrow go to the local postal outlet where you'd normally pick up packages (ours is a shoppers) and tell them it shows as delivered but you haven't got a notice and give them the tracking number. Also, if may show as delivered online but once it's at the post office it will say available for pick up.

good luck I hope it turns up sooner rather than later.
    trishka likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Thanks for all the advice.

Turns out that CP leaves a key in the mailbox for parcel deliveries. We didn't know what the key was for as the wording on the tag was worn off. Her book was here all along.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post

Turns out that CP leaves a key in the mailbox for parcel deliveries. We didn't know what the key was for as the wording on the tag was worn off. Her book was here all along.
    Oh, thank goodness! So glad it worked out. (There's enough stress with starting school as it is.)
    momof3heathens likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post

This is great.

I hope she can sell the book at the school's used book store when she is finished.
    Or maybe sell it as a used book on Amazon.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Glad the parcel came! And I guess it's good to know for future.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    This is great.

I hope she can sell the book at the school's used book store when she is finished.
    Or maybe sell it as a used book on Amazon.
    This actually was part of the reason she didn't want to buy brand new through the school. This will be the final year that they will be using this particular edition so she wasn't looking forward to spending $150 for a new text. She paid $70 for used from Amazon.
    trishka likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

At least she knew that it wasn't going to be used. My roommate in university bought a $250 textbook and was told the following year when he tried to sell it back that they weren't using that edition anymore because errors were found in the text. He kept the text and a couple weeks into the semester he was talking to a prof who told him that the errors in the text weren't substantial/content, just spelling errors but the department said the class needed to use the most recent text, which basically just corrected these. He was able to sell it to someone that he knew was now taking the class.

Thread Information