User Tag List

Page 9 of 82 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast
Like Tree6510Likes

Thread: October Frugal Chatter - Harvest the Savings

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I had a mixed experience at the dental office this afternoon. The small spot on my tooth, at the end of a white filling, was simply cleaned off. The dental hygienist was NOT gentle. I kept telling her that she was hurting me, stabbing my gums, etc...but she just kept telling that it was because she was removing the tartar. The thing is...I just had my teeth cleaned in February...this is the very first time that I have had my teeth cleaned twice in one year. I am on injection blood thinners and reminded her about this. She just ignored the fact that I was bleeding and said that I need to floss more and that the blood is because of the tartar on my teeth. I am happy that I don't need dental work...but I really don't like my mouth hurting like this. My whole mouth hurts and I have taken 2 extra strength Tylenol. I am having cream of mushroom soup with soggy crackers because my mouth hurts that badly. Dh is eating leftover Chinese food that I made for supper last night. I'll be lucky if my mouth feels good enough to eat the leftovers for my lunch tomorrow. I made a note in my phone regarding this dental hygienist experience and I am NOT going to let her clean my teeth again.
    I sounds like the hygienist Knows nothing of blood thinners and she needs to be a bit more attentive to what you say.I had to go off my blood thinners for all dental appointments, I would complain no one should hurt that much at a 6 month cleaning.My periodontal hygienist always rubs Colgate Sensitive Pro relief on my gums prior to cleaning and it does make a difference!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    So yesterday (Tuesday) I went into Stittsville with dh, he works there, so while he was at work drove in the city which I have not done since I went on medical leave Nov. 2007. I think I did pretty well, let the nascar racers speed by and just took my time. So I met my parents while in town and got their pressure canner back, yeah....so back to canning meats when they come on sale. Anyways the highlights of my excursion were I did 2 product swaps, 1 lady I met at RCSS and the other was a porch pick-up & drop off, really pleased in both cases. As well I really want to take advantage of the fact that RCSS in Kanata price matches Quebec flyers so I was able to get 18 yes 18 bottles of 1.47L of liquid detergent for .99 each on sale at Jean Coutu (ends today) for $2.99 - $2.00 insert = .99 + taxes and also got 4 bottles of Aspirin for free (yippee), 7 packages of Cavendish fries as they were in the G&T flyer for $1.00 and RCSS price matched the flyer and I had 7 x $1.00 coupons. Also got dh to stop in at the Independent Grocers on our way home and got 6 packs of 36 poise liners for free with overage and the overage got me 12 free m&m's (I used b1g1) and with the overage they still owed me .23 cents which they kept which I had no problem with. So I made a joke to my dh saying well I'm all set for my next period, I have free chocolate, free aspirin and I could use the poise pads as pantiliners = happy dance. So yesterday was a good day.
    So proud of you for driving, I have major driving anxiety so I know how much courage it takes to force yourself to do it,it gets easier every time!! Wow that was an awesome shopping trip, I need a few like that!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Done

okay ladies since there was a tie for this thread title I decided to create a voting poll below is the link and it will only last 1 day so please place your choice http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/368160-...a/#post5659325
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I had a mixed experience at the dental office this afternoon. The small spot on my tooth, at the end of a white filling, was simply cleaned off. The dental hygienist was NOT gentle. I kept telling her that she was hurting me, stabbing my gums, etc...but she just kept telling that it was because she was removing the tartar. The thing is...I just had my teeth cleaned in February...this is the very first time that I have had my teeth cleaned twice in one year. I am on injection blood thinners and reminded her about this. She just ignored the fact that I was bleeding and said that I need to floss more and that the blood is because of the tartar on my teeth. I am happy that I don't need dental work...but I really don't like my mouth hurting like this. My whole mouth hurts and I have taken 2 extra strength Tylenol. I am having cream of mushroom soup with soggy crackers because my mouth hurts that badly. Dh is eating leftover Chinese food that I made for supper last night. I'll be lucky if my mouth feels good enough to eat the leftovers for my lunch tomorrow. I made a note in my phone regarding this dental hygienist experience and I am NOT going to let her clean my teeth again.
    I get my teeth cleaned every 6 months...they wanted me to do every 4 because of meds but who can afford that? Used to get whoever could do it til the hygienist I had was so rough...kept giving me blazes because I don`t floss. I told her I can`t do that because of arthritic hands but that didn`t matter. Then she started in on whoever had done the previous cleaning. Needless to say I always ask for the other hygienist now. She`s very gentle and understands that I have some limitations. I also find I have less tartar on my teeth since I use Crest Prohealth

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Angela - I would DEFINITELY call the office and speak with the dentist. Let him/her know about your experience! That was very unprofessional of her - especially when you REMINDED her about your blood thinners - you shouldn't have HAD to reminder, she should have known because she should have checked your chart before she started! Don't be shy - she could hurt someone else - which is secondary to the fact that she already hurt YOU!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I would call the dental office and voice your valid complaint and have them make a notation on your file to note have her clean your teeth. Hope your mouth feels better soon.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Angela - I would DEFINITELY call the office and speak with the dentist. Let him/her know about your experience! That was very unprofessional of her - especially when you REMINDED her about your blood thinners - you shouldn't have HAD to reminder, she should have known because she should have checked your chart before she started! Don't be shy - she could hurt someone else - which is secondary to the fact that she already hurt YOU!
    I would also write a letter outlining your concerns.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Subscribed. Less chatty these days. Work is busy and so are two toddlers at home. I read and post when I can. I made September's goal of no Drive-Thrus (didn't park and go in either)!!! Not sure what October's goal is yet. Perhaps book an appointment with our financial planner to discuss potential moving costs and get that dream out of the pipe... ???

Best to all,
    Granger
    That's fantastic with your no drive threws, thumps up - keep up the great work and all the best in October.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    I would also write a letter outlining your concerns.
    very good advice

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

So sorry that your head is hurting so much! I have to say though, if I had just made pickled eggs, I would definitely NOT think the house smelled YUMMY! To each her own! Now if it were pickled onions, now there is a yummy smell! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    Well all in all I suppose a sort of productive day. A friend came by to pick up some things and I had to go to the meeting at school. I got the pickled eggs done and the house smells yummy! Did a couple loads of laundry and cleaned toilets. Wrote a new blog post. That's about it. Head still pounding so I'm going to get off the computer. Good night

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Inquiring Minds Want to Know!!! So what are everyone's plan for Thanksgiving? Do you celebrate, get together with family and or friends for a meal, what do you eat, who cooks, pot luck?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Inquiring Minds Want to Know!!! So what are everyone's plan for Thanksgiving? Do you celebrate, get together with family and or friends for a meal, what do you eat, who cooks, pot luck?
    For us dh and ds#1 go moose hunting, so they won't be around for thanksgiving. So Logan and I will have our own little special dinner, not going to cook a turkey as it will be just the 2 of us. I am thinking of getting another ham and perhaps a few extras for the freezer as food basics has ham on sale in the new flyer for $3.00 each other than that it will just be the 2 of us.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Question of the Day???? Do you decorate the outside of your home for certain seasons and/or occasions for example Fall, Halloween etc... Do you have a favorite holiday/season to decorate for? do you purchase the decorations at the end of the holidays/seasons when they are on sale?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Question of the Day???? Do you decorate the outside of your home for certain seasons and/or occasions for example Fall, Halloween etc... Do you have a favorite holiday/season to decorate for? do you purchase the decorations at the end of the holidays/seasons when they are on sale?
    I love to decorate my home inside and outside for seasons and occasions. Right now I have a beautiful wreath with beautiful fake leaves in burnt oranges, yellows and reds, lovely but it looks really classy as it was a crazy expensive reg price but of course I paid only a fraction. I am going to start this weekend to decorate outside and inside for Halloween....and can`t wait to decorate for Christmas. I purchase all my decorates at the end of the season or holiday and put them away for next year (lol) so much cheaper and I can much better deals on the decorations I really want but would never pay the price they were wanting at the store. Some may say cheap I say frugal . I love to decorate for all occasions but I would say I get the most excited about Christmas and Easter.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Well, we have 3 house showings tomorrow. One is a couple who have been through already! So fingers crossed! After all, this is my number 1 goal for October! LOL!

Page 9 of 82 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread Information