User Tag List

Page 86 of 182 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2721
Like Tree1021Likes

Thread: If there is anything you do NOT like about SmartCanucks please let me know!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Its insane how many times I can lose my glasses. One time (at bandcamp) my husband and I searched for half an hour.

They were on my face.

Dead serious.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    Its insane how many times I can lose my glasses. One time (at bandcamp) my husband and I searched for half an hour.

They were on my face.

Dead serious.
    BHA-HAHAHA!

Sounds like he needs a pair himself then.

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

Well I have been lookinhg for almost a month and still can not find the home for Jeniana's MIR thread. Good thing she is a mod and I can find it by going through her profile cause it is not(as of yet)in the wiki thread
    Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

Trading Score
    523 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ccmp1974 View Post
    Well I have been lookinhg for almost a month and still can not find the home for Jeniana's MIR thread. Good thing she is a mod and I can find it by going through her profile cause it is not(as of yet)in the wiki thread
    It's the 4th one listed in the directory thread
    ~ Trade List ~ Let's Trade! ~ Wish List ~
    I'm looking for these coupons (and more )
    Purina Cat Chow/Friskies ~ El Monteray ~ Blue Buffalo cans
    Maxx Scoop ~ Fresh Express ~ Cheemo

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i feel like i'm back in high school!

there have been some posts i have come across where people are...i don't want to use the word attacking, but maybe...ganging up on posters for their comments. these comments are negative (glass kind of half empty comments), but they are not abusive or crude, they are simply comments as expressed by the posters. some SCer's have taken it upon themselves to moderate what posters are allowed to say, and not allowed to say based on their personal views (glass always half full). there is a difference between not agreeing with someone's comments and telling someone their opinions are not valid or wanted. i think if you have a personal opinion towards what a poster has written, than it needs to be: 1) ignored, 2) addressed between the two individuals through pm's so that it is not posted for public viewing, or 3) brought to a real mod's attention so that it may be dealt with appropriately.

we are all grown-ups. let's start acting like it. if you don't like someone's personal opinion, be the bigger person and just walk away. quit ganging up on people.
    nothingfancy

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Actually, I find that in some cases posting public posting does help since if a person misuses a coupon, and its dealt with by PM, all the newbies reading who are not aware of the terms go out and do the same then come back and complain about the cashier
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Actually, I find that in some cases posting public posting does help since if a person misuses a coupon, and its dealt with by PM, all the newbies reading who are not aware of the terms go out and do the same then come back and complain about the cashier
    thanks. i understand. but these comments have nothing to do with coupons, or shopping, or cashiers. these are comments being made in the other areas of the forum.
    nothingfancy

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nothingfancy View Post
    i feel like i'm back in high school!

there have been some posts i have come across where people are...i don't want to use the word attacking, but maybe...ganging up on posters for their comments. these comments are negative (glass kind of half empty comments), but they are not abusive or crude, they are simply comments as expressed by the posters. some SCer's have taken it upon themselves to moderate what posters are allowed to say, and not allowed to say based on their personal views (glass always half full). there is a difference between not agreeing with someone's comments and telling someone their opinions are not valid or wanted. i think if you have a personal opinion towards what a poster has written, than it needs to be: 1) ignored, 2) addressed between the two individuals through pm's so that it is not posted for public viewing, or 3) brought to a real mod's attention so that it may be dealt with appropriately.

we are all grown-ups. let's start acting like it. if you don't like someone's personal opinion, be the bigger person and just walk away. quit ganging up on people.
    I wasn't ganging up on this person in question. I was stating how I felt, just as they did.

I mean this person can post horrible comments in the thread but I am not allowed to state my opinion on how those comments are unwanted and not needed in thread about someone who is batteling cancer?

There are too many people on this site who have had cancer or are batteling it themselves right now. So to have those comments in a thread about best wishes and prayers ticks me off and I don't care if this person in question doesn't like my opinions because I will give them, just like they gave theirs.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_April View Post
    I wasn't ganging up on this person in question. I was stating how I felt, just as they did.

I mean this person can post horrible comments in the thread but I am not allowed to state my opinion on how those comments are unwanted and not needed in thread about someone who is batteling cancer?

There are too many people on this site who have had cancer or are batteling it themselves right now. So to have those comments in a thread about best wishes and prayers ticks me off and I don't care if this person in question doesn't like my opinions because I will give them, just like they gave theirs.
    Before I proceed, I would just like to say that I am not bringing attention specifically your comment as it is not the only one I have come across, but seeing as you have so kindly come forward to discuss the matter....

I would just like to start off by saying that I totally understand where you're coming from. I have seen some of the other comments posted by this person, and one of them in particular made my eyes water, i was extremely upset. My mother died of breast cancer which metastasized to her entire body including her brain. She had a seizure in my arms because there was so much pressure on her brain stem and i had to make the decision to remove her from life support. So please don't assume I don't understand your position. This person's comment was made in reference to the subject of the thread. Your comment became personal, and had nothing to do with the thread. I didn't like what this person had to say either, it could have been worded much differently, but I wouldn't ever want someone to think that they needed to censor their comments because they might come across as negative. Again there is a difference between not agreeing with someone's comment, and telling them their opinion is not valid or wanted. I think that at times it's better to just leave things be. Why does this person's personal opinion matter anyway? Hopefully this person will get the hint, and move on.
    Last edited by nothingfancy; Thu, Jul 28th, 2011 at 03:45 PM.
    nothingfancy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

I am wondering if some of the posters that seem to be blunt and less sensitive then others may have Aspergers. I see my son in a lot of these posts and although he hasn't been officially diagnosed he has all the tell marks and we are just waiting for the doctor to get the ball rolling.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I doubt we have that many people with Aspergers
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I doubt we have that many people with Aspergers

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    I am wondering if some of the posters that seem to be blunt and less sensitive then others may have Aspergers. I see my son in a lot of these posts and although he hasn't been officially diagnosed he has all the tell marks and we are just waiting for the doctor to get the ball rolling.

sad to say but alot of people have become blunt and unsenstive in the real world and online!

Harbinger of Cheerios MercuryBlue's Avatar
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post

I have Aspergers, actually- and it's something that's not that easy to diagnose.

Also, we are not (in general) 'blunt or less sensitive'. It's more a matter of lacking confidence in unfamiliar social situations. Saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. The thing is, people with Aspergers are usually aware of their social awkwardness and tend to over-compensate by being ultra polite and 'tip-toeing' around.

I don't know that it's fair to automatically associate 'negative' behaviors with individuals on the autism spectrum. The rude/blunt individuals are possibly just jerks. Or, they have a different sense of humor than anyone else. Or there are cultural differences at play. A lot of possible factors that don't involve speculating on a person's mental health.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

why is there two save.ca/websaver threads going on there is the main one andit has then someone keeps updating another one gets very confussing their should be one

Page 86 of 182 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 ... LastLast

Thread Information