User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Save On Foods Kills Stacking

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Well, to think in a positive way. Since stacking began, I've spent more time on finding stackable coupons. Now, it's time to have a break. Hope to see it coming back in the near future though.
    Last edited by paylessgetmore; Thu, Oct 31st, 2013 at 09:28 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by paylessgetmore View Post
    Well, to think in a positive way. Since stacking began, I spent more time on finding stackable coupons. Now, it's time to have a break. Hope to see it coming back in the near future though.

The short version of my husband's reaction: Oh....that's good news! You'll have more time for other things in life.
    (The word 'obsession' was used somewhere in the conversation.)

I predict we will all be able to find more coupons and a lot of the tear pad thievery will die down.
    Last edited by DianneS; Thu, Oct 31st, 2013 at 01:17 AM.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I am sad although I didn't stack as much as I should have, I just seemed to have too much on the go for the past few months.I will try tomorrow if they are still allowing it for a few stacks of coffee but the shelves will probably be empty as usual.Dianne is right, the tear pads won't be stripped clean anymore and there will always be other ways to keep it frugal.Target will get a bit more of my business I'm sure>
    coley3 and Lavender Lady like this.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

i did my last stacking shop at price smart..
    i spoke with the supervisor as im the known couponer there
    she gave me a copy if their coupon policy for staff that states 3 case limit

she was saying a case varies per product..
    so thats still up in the air
    cheekysaver likes this.

Luc
    Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

I too am not totally surprised - however I did think changes would trickle down but didn't think a no stacking rule would be implemented this quickly. I have a lot of stacks that will be wasted too. SOF group will lose a lot of business again , maybe in a year or so they will bring it back with limits. I saw in my local stores two women who consistently filled their carts with product , the case limit was a long time coming. It's too bad that some of the "extreme" couponers only think about right now and not down the road and years of potential great deals. However, there are still many great deals to be had even with just one coupon , a lot of what I get is not necessarily stacked. LD still stacks with the exception of a couple companies , of course it's not the same as a grocery store . I do find their pm'ing difficult , mine is very strict , only what's pictured wording doesn't matter and they are super picky about it. So I rarely pm at LD. Target is a store I haven't explored much, my local store needs a manager to authorize each coupon after 2 coupons - huge hassle! So all in all it will be harder to get those " deals " we all love but this blog is a huge source for many of us!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Just saw the SOF flyer that starts Nov 1--
    Janes Chicken is $9.99 (there's enough upc's that it could have been stacked for free...)
    Bicks pickles is 2 for $5 (there's enough upc's that it could have been stacked for free...)
    Yes, back in the days we could stack, it was such fun.
    A few too many greedy people have taken this privilege away.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Dianna,did your husband talk to mine, mine said the same thing,until I put one bottle of contact solution and 2boxes of Claritin on the counter and said what I would have paid regular price on these 3 item is what I paid for everything he helped unload from the car, he made me tea tonight

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

I was @ SOF & Pricesmart today to do my last stacking. In total, I saved around $90 dollars and the cashier I dealt with @ Pricesmart was nice. At least it was a good end for me. Can't wait for 2nd round!

Luckily, my Target is going to open soon in November. It's my next Target. Hope it won't be a hassle when doing coupons there.
    Last edited by paylessgetmore; Fri, Nov 1st, 2013 at 12:59 AM.
    Lavender Lady and mjlk101 like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I was @ SOF & Pricesmart today to do my last stacking. In total, I saved around $90 dollars and the cashier I dealt with @ Pricesmart was nice. At least it was a good end for me. Can't wait for 2nd round!

Luckily, my Target is going to open soon in November. It's my next Target. Hope it won't be a hassle when doing coupons there.
    When the target was new here there were some glitches to work out... but it was in the first set of stores in my area so i expected some glitches... what I didn't expect was how well the staff handled the glitches and how nice they would be to couponers! I did follow the rules but they were just amazing to deal with... and they still are.
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

^^They do have the same stocking issues on sale items that happen in many stores... you do need to be prepared for that... they offer rain checks and they may or may not get the product in on time... the best defense is to get there on the sale start day.

I want to add rainchecks can be a glorious thing! when we know the smartsource is coming out in a few days and there is a product on sale and the coupon comes out 3 days after the sale ends... get a rain check and enjoy the deals to come.
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Rats! Had a rain check for the Van Houtte coffee (free when stacking was allowed)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Too many people were selling their stock piles which is one of the main reason that stacking is coming to an end. This has been told to me from a manager from one of the stores. People are just getting too greedy.
    Leigh-Anne likes this.

Newbie since Feb 2012
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I think we are from the same area :D . Anyway, I did my last coupon stack at PS yesterday and I mentioned about owfg no longer allowing stacking. The cashier and clerk at the cs desk had no idea what I was talking about. I wonder if pricesmart has a different coupon policy even if they are part of owfg. Or maybe the cashiers just haven't received the memo yet

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I know it sucks damn greedy people. now all my coupon stacks ive been saving are useless for the most part

Newbie since Feb 2012
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1cheapb*tch View Post
    Rats! Had a rain check for the Van Houtte coffee (free when stacking was allowed)
    Do u have a LD near u. Van houte is on sale for $5.98 at my sof. I plan to pm and use my $3 insert + $3 printable

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information