User Tag List

Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree828Likes

Thread: Rob Ford Discussion Thread

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

He probably gets the munchies after his drunken stupors..

QUOTE=TaraF;5707815]Ya know the bottom line is that this guy needs help. Political career and/or punishment aside he has an addiction problem, and if he doesn't seek help he will be leaving a widow and children behind. I was watching this video from CNN which was Dr. Drew being interviewed by Anderson Cooper and it was really interesting. It addresses the question that everyone seems to be seriously asking and joking about: I've never seen a fat crack addict.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...-ford.cnn.html[/QUOTE]
    anisa likes this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Name:  2558_10151717350541892_1464785742_n.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  13.0 KB

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    Ya know the bottom line is that this guy needs help. Political career and/or punishment aside he has an addiction problem, and if he doesn't seek help he will be leaving a widow and children behind. I was watching this video from CNN which was Dr. Drew being interviewed by Anderson Cooper and it was really interesting. It addresses the question that everyone seems to be seriously asking and joking about: I've never seen a fat crack addict.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...-ford.cnn.html
    My uncle is a recovering alcoholic and the behaviour he displayed is the exact same thing that Ford is displaying now and so I think Dr. Drew is absolutely correct in his comments. And regarding the whole fat crack head thing, usually people who are crack addicts become super skinny when they have to choose between spending money on food or on drugs. Thanks for the link Tara, was interesting to see his comments.
    anisa, Patty Smyth and lecale like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

A quote from Rob Ford in 2005 about enforcing tough love on drug users:

“You have to get these people into rehabilitation and if they don’t want to go, well, then you just enforce the law. If it’s illegal, you arrest them. That’s the bottom line and if they have to dry out in jail — great,” he said.
    anisa and Patty Smyth like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I feel sorry for him. He's using illicit drugs to the point he's destroyed his high profile career and his health. He's massively overweight (I'm saying that as a health concern, not a judgement), he clearly can't control his alcohol intake. He's digging himself an early grave.

I hope he finds the help he needs. And that's not a liberal or conservative thing, just a human thing. I hope Rob Ford finds his way out of the darkness.
    Last edited by DaveP; Wed, Nov 6th, 2013 at 11:08 PM.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by trishka View Post
    My uncle is a recovering alcoholic and the behaviour he displayed is the exact same thing that Ford is displaying now and so I think Dr. Drew is absolutely correct in his comments. And regarding the whole fat crack head thing, usually people who are crack addicts become super skinny when they have to choose between spending money on food or on drugs. Thanks for the link Tara, was interesting to see his comments.
    yeah...I don't think Mayor Ford has to worry too much about a drugs vs food budgetry concern though excessive use can lead to lack of appetite

In addition to the usual risks associated with cocaine use, crack users may experience severe respiratory problems, including coughing, shortness of breath, lung damage and bleeding.

Long-term effects from use of crack cocaine include severe damage to the heart, liver and kidneys. Users are more likely to have infectious diseases.
    Continued daily use causes sleep deprivation and loss of appetite, resulting in malnutrition. Smoking crack cocaine also can cause aggressive and paranoid behavior.
    As crack cocaine interferes with the way the brain processes chemicals, one needs more and more of the drug just to feel “normal.” Those who become addicted to crack cocaine (as with most other drugs) lose interest in other areas of life.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    much much harder job and far more visible internationally as well.
    not from a distance
    lecale likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

An interesting look at Doug's influence on Rob and whether it's been helpful or a hindrance.

http://www.thegridto.com/city/politi...-brother-ever/

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

There's rumours of another video in which Mr Ford is talking about killing some-one

The context of Ford's outburst is unknown.
    A source who was provided alleged details of what was said in the video told the Sun that words used by Ford in the undated video are graphic and disturbing.
    They reportedly include:
    • "I'm going to kill that f..ing guy. I'm telling you it's first-degree murder ... He dies or I die, brother."
    • "When he's down, I'll rip his f..ing throat out" and "I'll poke his eyes out" and "I'll make sure that motherf....'s dead."
    • "No one is" going to "f... around with me" and when it comes to he and his "brothers . . don't tell me we're liars."
    A source close to the mayor confirmed it is Ford in the video and that it "looks a lot worse than it really is" since "he sometimes goes off on tangents" and a few minutes later everything is fine.
    TaraF and lecale like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

lecale and Candini like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 02:24 PM.
    anisa and Candini like this.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

http://www.citynews.ca/2013/11/07/ma...ting-surfaces/

Rob Ford Responds to the video posted by Toronto Star

AGAIN he says he was drunk....so when is he NOT drunk???
    GET HELP MR FORD!!!
    TaraF and DianneS like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 02:24 PM.
    TaraF likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just don't even know anymore. During one of his drunken stupor's (the St. Patty's day one), he shoved an aide, the one that just quit, so hard he went flying, and now this video. He's clearly a violent and abusive drunk.
    Last edited by trishka; Thu, Nov 7th, 2013 at 01:51 PM.
    anisa and TaraF like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I think I feel sorry the most for those that believed in him and trusted him. It's gotta hurt the voters that stood by him, believing his word, (which imo would be hard to do because he's made such a spectacle of himself) and then he drops the bomb out of nowhere that it's true. It has to hurt his supporters. And now I'm seeing from some of his supporters, the role of "abusive wife" for lack of better terms. I'm not saying here but in conversations I've had and message boards I've read.

I'm hearing "well he's been a good mayor so who cares!" or "he only did it once and said it won't happen again" or "well everybody makes mistakes, he's only human". And while I firmly believe people can change and can move on from mistakes and addictions the problem is that Rob Ford is dealing with an addiction issue to at the very least alcohol if not hard drugs, and without admitting he has a problem and seeking help for it he will only continue down this road. And those around him saying the above while he is doing what he is doing are essentially only enabling him.

It's not a pretty thing but addiction never is, and it usually hurts the ones that care about you the most, in this case it's hurting his true supporters the most but ultimately himself, his family, and the city of Toronto.
    GoJays, lecale and trishka like this.

Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information