User Tag List

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Like Tree265Likes

Thread: GIFT CARD PROMO CONFIRMED!! Nov 9 - 15

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Finally got the chance to do this today, last day of the promo. Used my Amex to buy the gift cards, cashier refused to scan my optimum and told me the promo was last week, yeah right!

Sent from my iPad
    acosta likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Were you at the SDM on Williamson in Ajax? I had the same thing and felt horrible for being rude to the cashier, because she seemed nice and merely uninformed. I insisted that my Optimum card be scanned, and she told me that the promo was over and that the Optimum points weren't on the receipt. I told her that they came out on the 22nd, and she said, "We'll see." Her supervisor had spend an hour on the phone with another customer tracing down the missing points, and I guess had told the staff that the promo was done because the points weren't immediately available. I'm sorry, cashier, for being snotty, but I have had So. Many. Problems. at the location it's insane. Bad management. But they had the Petro Canada bonus cards, and DF gets reimbursed at work for gas, so in the end I'm happy.
    jackiekai likes this.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jackiekai View Post
    Finally got the chance to do this today, last day of the promo. Used my Amex to buy the gift cards, cashier refused to scan my optimum and told me the promo was last week, yeah right!

Sent from my iPad
    i hope you complained to HO. you are entitled to those points. i had issues where one cashier told the one waiting on me to manually add the points in 1000 increments. when I questioned they got huffy with me. during the 2nd transaction cashier clued in that maybe she didn't know what was going on. so found the promo and realized that she was giving me extra points. then gives me the evil eyeball and has a bit of a fit about me getting points I am not entitled to? like that was my fault, I questioned cashier twice on why she was adding points manually. She was not impressed. again not my fault that the cashiers have no idea what is going on. Next day get a call from HO taking away the points cashier manually added. you just know the cashier called HO. Then today I go in to get a further 2 gift card transactions and the cashier who insisted the points had to be manually entered ran over and stated to this cashier to make sure she did not add any points manually... again giving me the evil eyeball. today's cashier was very nice but not impressed with the others. 20 x the points tomorrow... I wonder what trouble I can get into tomorrow. LOL... Oh and HO told by husband that you can't blame the cashiers if they don't know what is going on because they are mostly parttime and not paid very much so what can you expect. I don't know, I think as a customer, i am entitled to deal with cashiers who know their own promotions and don't treat customers like criminals. sorry i guess I should have put this in the rant section... I do like shoppers just get frustrated with the cashiers sometime.
    Silk and jackiekai like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    Oh and HO told by husband that you can't blame the cashiers if they don't know what is going on because they are mostly parttime and not paid very much so what can you expect. I don't know, I think as a customer, i am entitled to deal with cashiers who know their own promotions and don't treat customers like criminals. sorry i guess I should have put this in the rant section... I do like shoppers just get frustrated with the cashiers sometime.
    I remember working at Eaton's in the final dark days as a pt cashier during a no GST day. I just pushed the "no GST" button on the till that was older than me (!), until another p/t cashier saw me and told me I had to manually deduct whatever the GST was at the time because the math was wrong. No one above me had bothered to tell me what to do, or was available to ask for help. I do feel for the front line staff, and get annoyed when the people above them fail to communicate or educate them on procedures. Most are just doing what they are told, and I think that if management cared instead of punished we'd have a much better experience as customers.
    jackiekai and luckbealady like this.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    I bought $150 in SDM giftcards and asked my cashier if I could use one of them to buy a Wind top-up card. She said she didn't see why not and rung it through and it worked.

This is the first time I've used a GC for this. I'm not sure if this conflicts with the whole, cannot use giftcard to buy another giftcard issue. I figured the phone cards are different as you have to pay tax on top of their value and must be redeemed at full.
    Ooo that's true! I didn't think about the taxes - it would be the same thing then as people using the gc to pay for their prescriptions. But now the promo is over and I already bought a top-up card for the month today
    "Expecto Patronum!" - Harry Potter

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by QueenH View Post
    I called SDM HD yesterday and a few others have confirmed you can use visa and MC too
    Thank you so much, QueenH!

I managed to get my GCs, and so did my parents. YAY!

I hope you all managed to get yours, too

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (100%)

My husband and I realized at 11:00 pm that we hadn't done our 3rd GC transaction on each if our cards. EEEK! So, like any responsible Optimum members would do, we got out of bed, got dressed and flew out to the nearest SDM to get those last 2 x 8,000 points!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ingridmann View Post
    My husband and I realized at 11:00 pm that we hadn't done our 3rd GC transaction on each if our cards. EEEK! So, like any responsible Optimum members would do, we got out of bed, got dressed and flew out to the nearest SDM to get those last 2 x 8,000 points!
    Such dedication!!
    Once I'm in my "home clothes", no way am I changing.
    Mia001, harbie, Insane and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Durham Couponer View Post
    Were you at the SDM on Williamson in Ajax? I had the same thing and felt horrible for being rude to the cashier, because she seemed nice and merely uninformed. I insisted that my Optimum card be scanned, and she told me that the promo was over and that the Optimum points weren't on the receipt. I told her that they came out on the 22nd, and she said, "We'll see." Her supervisor had spend an hour on the phone with another customer tracing down the missing points, and I guess had told the staff that the promo was done because the points weren't immediately available. I'm sorry, cashier, for being snotty, but I have had So. Many. Problems. at the location it's insane. Bad management. But they had the Petro Canada bonus cards, and DF gets reimbursed at work for gas, so in the end I'm happy.
    I didn't buy it in Ajax but I had my share of problems with SDM in Ajax when I lived there. I don't know why I still go there, maybe something's wrong with me.

Sent from my iPad
    Durham Couponer likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    i hope you complained to HO. you are entitled to those points. i had issues where one cashier told the one waiting on me to manually add the points in 1000 increments. when I questioned they got huffy with me. during the 2nd transaction cashier clued in that maybe she didn't know what was going on. so found the promo and realized that she was giving me extra points. then gives me the evil eyeball and has a bit of a fit about me getting points I am not entitled to? like that was my fault, I questioned cashier twice on why she was adding points manually. She was not impressed. again not my fault that the cashiers have no idea what is going on. Next day get a call from HO taking away the points cashier manually added. you just know the cashier called HO. Then today I go in to get a further 2 gift card transactions and the cashier who insisted the points had to be manually entered ran over and stated to this cashier to make sure she did not add any points manually... again giving me the evil eyeball. today's cashier was very nice but not impressed with the others. 20 x the points tomorrow... I wonder what trouble I can get into tomorrow. LOL... Oh and HO told by husband that you can't blame the cashiers if they don't know what is going on because they are mostly parttime and not paid very much so what can you expect. I don't know, I think as a customer, i am entitled to deal with cashiers who know their own promotions and don't treat customers like criminals. sorry i guess I should have put this in the rant section... I do like shoppers just get frustrated with the cashiers sometime.
    Oh, she finally scanned it after a long line formed behind me. I really like the optimum, it's just that sometimes you encounter a cashier that ruins it.

Sent from my iPad

Loves To Save SimplifiedMommyTips's Avatar
    Trading Score
    260 (100%)

I have been waiting for this, but missed it, too bad

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    Such dedication!!
    Once I'm in my "home clothes", no way am I changing.
    haha...was thinking same. Although for me, it's once the bra comes off, it's over lol
    Mia001, CrazyQT, kidsteph and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by d.ot View Post
    haha...was thinking same. Although for me, it's once the bra comes off, it's over lol
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA thanks for the chuckle.

Fortunately my after work clothes consist of an old t-shirt and capri sweats so at least if someone stops by I'm half presentable. The bra doesn't come off til I'm ready to hit the shower before bed.
    Mia001 likes this.

Super Duper Smart Canuck happy_me24's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

It's the 22nd . Anyone get points yet? I'm in bed being lazy so I haven't checked lol.

Trading Score
    53 (100%)

I haven't got my points yet. Hopefully by the end of today.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information