User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree475Likes

Thread: Giving brag - SHARE YOURS HERE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

So get this, I went through Tim's drivethrough yesterday and bought a box of donuts for the office girls (small office, 5 secretaries) and when I went to pay they told me the person in front of me paid for my purchase, I was like, 'no way, she didn't?!?!?!' so I said, I want to pay for the person behind me!!! That was fun and felt great on all counts!!!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by iamcoupon View Post
    So get this, I went through Tim's drivethrough yesterday and bought a box of donuts for the office girls (small office, 5 secretaries) and when I went to pay they told me the person in front of me paid for my purchase, I was like, 'no way, she didn't?!?!?!' so I said, I want to pay for the person behind me!!! That was fun and felt great on all counts!!!!
    I used to work at Tim Horton's and while that kind of thing happens once in a while with one person buying the next person's coffee, around this time of year we would sometimes have a chain of 5+ people doing this. It would always be so disappointing when the chain would get broken, but great to see how many people were willing to pay it forward

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

My best giving brag? This year, we have adopted a jaguar, a lynx, a polar bear and an arctic fox family through WWF Canada.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    My best giving brag? This year, we have adopted a jaguar, a lynx, a polar bear and an arctic fox family through WWF Canada.
    That is so awesome. That makes me ant to look into that. The kids would love it.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
    emg and ticul like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    88 (99%)

Over 220 cans of soup donated to Barrie Food Bank just between yesterday and today...will continue to "buy" 40-120 cans per day and drop them in food bank box until the sale is over.

emg
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Through my work I see many people struggling to make ends meet. I made little packages with soups and notes. People where really appreciative and happy. Thanks to all smart canucks for share deals that allow us to do the best , which is giving to others. I will continue making packages as I go along. The cashiers at Loblaws where super happy to get soups for themselves. Happy holidays everyone.
    Thinking of opening an ING account use this number 35728975S1 and both of us get a $50!! dollar bonus.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You are all so generous and inspiring, especially at this time of year. I have donated food through my child's daycare, the fire hall and of course some soup to the loblaws food donation bin I also purchased a snowsuit from target for $5 and donated it to a shelter.

Keep up the kind work everyone, you're the reason I love visiting this site everyday!

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Wow, some great donation brags!!
    Donated a shopping bag full of baby food to the Food Bank and another shopping bag full of Dog and Cat Treats to the Animal shelter. Now have to start couponing all over again for the next donations.
    Seasons Greetings, everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

A friend recently posted on FB about an emergency shelter in a church next to my workplace, that they were in need of supplies. They had a list of what was needed, everything from canned goods to soap and toothbrushes. So DH, DS (age 7) and I went though the pantry and into our little 'stockpile' in the basement and came up with a sizeable bag full of stuff including tampons, bar soap, toothpaste and toothbrushes, canned tuna, soup, etc. While we were gathering it up, we were explaining to DS how lucky we are, when some folks don't even have soap to wash or a toothbrush, never mind food. DS then offered to take $10 out of his bank to give them! SO proud of my boy.

I brought it all with me to work the next day and they were kind of, I don't know, unenthusiastic about the big sack of stuff. I felt a bit like I was inconveniencing them by bringing them this stuff. But the tune changed considerably when I gave them DS's $10 and explained that he wanted to help too, they said it had made their day.

Not that we donate for recognition, we all do it because people need things and we have enough to give. But doesn't it make you feel kind of unappreciated when the folks who take your donation just take it and don't really say much? Once we brought DS to the food bank with a big donation, and I was disappointed there especially since I wanted him to see how happy they would to get what we'd collected for them. Instead they just told us to 'set it over there' or something like that and wanted us to come back for our big shopping sack another time.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Me and a couple of friends sponsored a family this Christmas. We were responsible for the 3 year old girl so we managed to get:

-Perfume
    -Glade Wax Melt Warmer
    -Slippers
    -2 PJ Onesies
    -Underwear
    -Colouring Book
    -Hair Clips
    -Lip Balms

All for under $30! I am so happy!
    My Tradelist and Wishlist

Join the Purell Loyalty Program for easy rewards such as gift cards and coupons!

Get FREE Men's Boxers when 1O friends sign up
    http://www.comfortableboxers.com?kid=55D9S

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

My sons school was asking for donations for food bank, so found some coupons expiring Dec31 and bought
    (5)all bran cereals
    (3)Dr oetker pudding
    (1)frosted flaks cereal
    (2)campbell soups
    (5)6pk Orvillepopcorn packages
    (2)Christie crackers wheat thins
    (2)kraft mac and cheese

Vice principal was happy.
    Last edited by morningrose; Sun, Dec 22nd, 2013 at 10:05 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I donated a bag of groceries to fire station about 2 weeks ago-pasta ,rice peanut butter etc -it feels good to give even if we have less-always more people out there worse off

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I love these brags. We did 4 food drives between school and work. I use my optimum points to be ready for the food drives. I also took my newly single brother and a BFF "shopping and "spent" 420.00 of my points.
    My DS# 2’s class adopted a family from their own school which is such a great lesson for the kids. They don’t know who they adopted. They only know that someone needs some extra support. So he and I bought some presents and gave a gift card to the family, he was so happy to take his package in. One of my favourite brags was my 13 yr old adding his change to the Salvation Army Kettle. I was not with him, he was out at lunch and when he did it so did his friends. He said the gentleman on the kettle was so surprised and thankful it made him feel good &made me a pretty proud mom.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

i did it! i got signed up for pc plus on my phone and headed to loblaws! got started with a $20 "investment" and kept going from there....131 cans later and I half-filled the store's food bank collection bin!Name:  IMG_20131222_133748.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  95.7 KB

lessons learned: you cant redeem points when the cashier punches your pc plus card number in AND...if you get 40 of the same type thinking it will make the cashier's job easier, it still has to be ok'd by a manager!
    Last edited by r0c0upons; Sun, Dec 22nd, 2013 at 02:14 PM.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by r0c0upons View Post
    i did it! i got signed up for pc plus on my phone and headed to loblaws! got started with a $20 "investment" and kept going from there....131 cans later and I half-filled the store's food bank collection bin!Name:  IMG_20131222_133748.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  95.7 KB

lessons learned: you cant redeem points when the cashier punches your pc plus card number in AND...if you get 40 of the same type thinking it will make the cashier's job easier, it still has to be ok'd by a manager!
    Anyone know if this deal is at fortinoes too id love too fill a few bins

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
    sweetmomma likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information