Thread: Ring in the Savings - January 2014 Frugal Chatter thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks JA for your insight. LB

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Taking it is easy. My lower back is horribly sore with a dull constant pain. Feels like early labour but without the contraction break...since I am not pregnant I am thinking PMS cramps? Never had this before.

Cleaned the whole house to keep my mind off of it.

Resting up. Monday is Jury Duty and after that my life will be dedicated to report cards every spare moment.
    Hope the back pain goes away shortly, maybe put a heating pad on for a little relief.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Change in plans for today mom was talking to her friend who lives where we were going to go shopping and fog has moved in and apparently it is pea soup out there. She said she cannot see her neighbour across the street and she went for a walk and said visibility was poor walking so we have decided to stay in. Kind of bummed as I am sure by the time I can get out to grocery shop in the week I will not be able to get what is on my list.

Laundry has been started and who knows what else today will bring. Looks like next will be shoveling.
    I can understand your disappointment especially when you were already to conquer the stores.

I wanted to go out today as well to do groceries but dh said since the driveway was slick that it perhaps was not a good idea to battle with the roads so hoping that maybe tomorrow will be the day if not dh will have to do the running around/grocery shopping 1 store a day.

As they say better SAFE THAN SORRY!!!

Ashley I am sure you can use the down time to relax or get some things done around the house

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I totally agree our deciding factor on not going was watching people try to go down our walks way doing that shuffle where they are part walking part sliding trying not to fall because it is slippery so we decided best to stay in. Figured if our little walk ways at home where this bad it was best to not risk it.

Actually we just finished eating pizza which I gave into ordering pizzas if mom agreed to help me clean the stockpiles in the basement so in about 10 minutes we will be in the basement cleaning up. Which will hopefully lead to a huge blog update with all our success.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I can understand your disappointment especially when you were already to conquer the stores.

I wanted to go out today as well to do groceries but dh said since the driveway was slick that it perhaps was not a good idea to battle with the roads so hoping that maybe tomorrow will be the day if not dh will have to do the running around/grocery shopping 1 store a day.

As they say better SAFE THAN SORRY!!!

Ashley I am sure you can use the down time to relax or get some things done around the house
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday and taking little me time or family time.

I have a pork loin & a chicken roasting in the oven for supper and leftovers will be used to make dh's lunches next week .

I am happy to say the living and dinning-room are all tidied up and have stayed this way since I started this weeks challenge of
    no laptop before NOON (including weekends) and putting everything in it's place & a place for everything

My desk is now organized and tidy which feels fantastic.

I have 3 pairs of kids pants that need to be returned/exchanged at WM, 1 pair is too big, 1 pair is too small and 1 pair is to be exchanged with the kids warranty program @ walmart

I have 3 things for dh to return at C. Tire next week on his way home, gloves that ds#2 refuses to wear , a dimmer light switch we already had one at home so it's not needed and walkie talkies that were a Christmas present that is no longer needed (long story).

Tidied up the stockpile room/shelves, I now have my floor back and the shelves are looking good.

Dh put up a curtain rod to cover my laundry machines....yippee...so now I can't see the dirty clothes and my aging but reliable washer & dryer.

Now to relax and enjoy my evening with the kids & dh, maybe find a movie to watch.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I totally agree our deciding factor on not going was watching people try to go down our walks way doing that shuffle where they are part walking part sliding trying not to fall because it is slippery so we decided best to stay in. Figured if our little walk ways at home where this bad it was best to not risk it.

Actually we just finished eating pizza which I gave into ordering pizzas if mom agreed to help me clean the stockpiles in the basement so in about 10 minutes we will be in the basement cleaning up. Which will hopefully lead to a huge blog update with all our success.
    I also can be bought with take out bribery as well so wish the roads were not so bad pizza sounds good . Well atleast your mom is now on board & commited as she is eating the pizza and before you know it the stockpiles will be all organized and finished

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Hi all.

Been hanging laundry , adding moisture to my very dry house.
    Went to the dollar store, found a bunch of stuff I can use for my dc kids. they will be happy.

My husband got akruig for Christmas , so I ordered him a reusable filter via amazon, using swagbucks.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-nancy have a fun evening
    -sassy reat working on the stockpile
    -giselea-you will love the reusable k-cup -I reuse I or hubby -havent bought k-cups in awhle-too costly when only one is working

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We went to NF this morning. Boy was it busy in there. I had good timing with this sale. Picked up some different things we were out of, or nearly out of. Got Chapman's icecream and Kraft salad dressing for just the cost of tax. I picked up: grapefruits, tomato, cucumber, pitas, salmon fillets, picnic hams, some $1 smokies that we haven't tried before, 50c Japanese noodles that I have only eating in a restaurant, sour cream, milk, frozen veggies, Chapman's icecream, Kraft salad dressing.

Used $11 in coupons and paid $52.40. I'm submitting the receipt to my ShopSave app to enter their contest. I used the $1 cash back on a purchase of $50 or more, but that was a while ago and it won't let me do it again. Does anyone know how long it will take before I can use that specific rebate again?
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Jan 11th, 2014 at 06:30 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

wow you'z all been busy... after getting home this morning.. convinced dh to go back to another target in town.... not much left but picked up a few things..
    he really enjoyed the self check out..
    then went to costco... not much success there either..
    then on to our local target. they had condensed everything down.. after getting overwhelmed. dh finally managed to refocus me and we were able to score even more deals... my word..i've lost my living room. LOL. NO idea where im going to put all this stuff.

dh joked we'd kick a kid out and use his room for storage.. LMAO

never even made it to the grocery store. for now though im battling a wicked headache. think im really tired. probably head to bed early..
    sold an item this morning(well ds did for me)
    have a little extra cash now.. its going in my '?' fund..
    tomorrow will def. have to be clean up if i dont get second wind tonite.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hope you feel better Mrs Sunshine.

Well we spent about an hour to two hours in the basement had a few moments where it looked like everything was going to go to downhill but I am happy to say in the end huge progress was made. I will admit, I got completely overwhelmed a few times and mom started to lose patients with me but I am happy to say almost everything is put away. Just a few (literally a few) things to find a home for. To my shock and surprise we actually even have extra room so I can do more shopping.

I will update my blog tomorrow with photos, I did not take my phone down earlier and I will admit it, I am lazy and do not want to go back downstairs now.

Hope everyone has a good night, curled up in my chair watching some shows on PVR. Not sure if anyone else has a PVR but I am horrible for letting things pile up, the good news is TV does not rule my life I can tape everything and watch it whenever I want but when it comes to some shows I seem to PVR pretty much the whole season and than have to catch up. Don't get me wrong it can be great to watch the whole season but it takes up quite a huge chunk of time.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    wow you'z all been busy... after getting home this morning.. convinced dh to go back to another target in town.... not much left but picked up a few things..
    he really enjoyed the self check out..
    then went to costco... not much success there either..
    then on to our local target. they had condensed everything down.. after getting overwhelmed. dh finally managed to refocus me and we were able to score even more deals... my word..i've lost my living room. LOL. NO idea where im going to put all this stuff.

dh joked we'd kick a kid out and use his room for storage.. LMAO

never even made it to the grocery store. for now though im battling a wicked headache. think im really tired. probably head to bed early..
    sold an item this morning(well ds did for me)
    have a little extra cash now.. its going in my '?' fund..
    tomorrow will def. have to be clean up if i dont get second wind tonite.
    sounds like a great am with your dh!

Hope your headache goes away and you get a good nights rest.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Today was the second 60th birthday celebration. We went for lunch at Schmitsville in Wellesley. Had a great time with old friends. The next one will be in a month probably at the same place. Was glad the weather co-operated so I could get there.

WhooHoo! Two of my VERY BEST friends live in Wellesley! I've eaten at the Schmitzville before! We're actually going to their place to stay and celebrate my birthday next weekend! Small World!

I hope your brother is healing well and gaining his strength back!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Sat, Jan 11th, 2014 at 08:38 PM.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hope you feel better Mrs Sunshine.

Well we spent about an hour to two hours in the basement had a few moments where it looked like everything was going to go to downhill but I am happy to say in the end huge progress was made. I will admit, I got completely overwhelmed a few times and mom started to lose patients with me but I am happy to say almost everything is put away. Just a few (literally a few) things to find a home for. To my shock and surprise we actually even have extra room so I can do more shopping.

I will update my blog tomorrow with photos, I did not take my phone down earlier and I will admit it, I am lazy and do not want to go back downstairs now.

Hope everyone has a good night, curled up in my chair watching some shows on PVR. Not sure if anyone else has a PVR but I am horrible for letting things pile up, the good news is TV does not rule my life I can tape everything and watch it whenever I want but when it comes to some shows I seem to PVR pretty much the whole season and than have to catch up. Don't get me wrong it can be great to watch the whole season but it takes up quite a huge chunk of time.
    Great achievement Ashley + mom, it sounds like the bribery paid itself off with hard work, encouragement and patience, looking forward to seeing your update blog photos when you post.

Enjoy catching up on your shows and take it easy.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

well done Ashley.. wanna come over and clean our basement... im sure dh could use the non biased help.
    i think im going to bed while its quiet. dh is watching tv and the kids went skating.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 35 of 103 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 ... LastLast

Thread Information