User Tag List

Page 33 of 103 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast
Like Tree8252Likes

Thread: Ring in the Savings - January 2014 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    no that was like nearly 2 years ago. maybe more. she signed for all of us yes.
    a priest can also sign if that helps.
    Thank you
    avoncallingu and YOU AND ME like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I need to go and do one massive grocery shop so that will be nice to do in warmer weather with a few less layers. As well I have a bunch more stuff to haul out to the dumpster and recycling bins which will be nice to in warmer weather and with a little melting hopefully the parking lot will not be so bad to walk across.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Inquiring Minds Want to Know!!!

What are everyones plans for the weekend with the warmer weather coming (fingers crossed)?
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hi Nancy
    As long as they have a valid passport they can be your guarantor, actually they could live in the same house. Your guarantor can be related to you where is your references cannot. My mom just got her passport to go on the cruise and I was her Guarantor and we live in the same house.

1. Put the last 3 sheets of plywood on the shed
    2. Bring down Rubbermaid lids from the shed (roof cubby) kids can do that
    3. Put the last 2 rubbermaids of Christmas decor outside (once I have the lids)
    4. Fill out paperwork for QC long form birth certificate (needed for passport application)
    5. Groceries
    6. Dollar store to check on Knorr stock (fingers crossed) & accordion folder for 2014 filing system
    7. Tidy up stockpile

QUESTION for you SMART ladies!!!!

Can my inlaws be our guarantors on passport applications as they don't live with us, does anyone know??? It seems that the gurantor has to have a current passport which is different than the way it used to be, kind of weird oh well - thanks in advance
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

+1.
    What Ashley said.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hey all plans for this weekend -visit girlfriend and her hubby tonight -me and my hubby will for tea or a few drinks
    -sat -hopefully bother-in-law will come to help finish the tile in bathroom -grout
    -sunda -daughter asked us to go visit them In Toronto-and this time we will eat out with them

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I need to go and do one massive grocery shop so that will be nice to do in warmer weather with a few less layers. As well I have a bunch more stuff to haul out to the dumpster and recycling bins which will be nice to in warmer weather and with a little melting hopefully the parking lot will not be so bad to walk across.
    What are you buying this weekend for groceries and good bargains or just stock up?

You'll have some space back once you get rid of all that garbage & recycling bin stuff, it's so surprising how much room the recycling stuff takes up.

Hope your snow plough guy will come once the snow/ice melts and make the parking lot flat & safe again and relieve some of the stress and danger(s)!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    hey all plans for this weekend -visit girlfriend and her hubby tonight -me and my hubby will for tea or a few drinks
    -sat -hopefully bother-in-law will come to help finish the tile in bathroom -grout
    -sunda -daughter asked us to go visit them In Toronto-and this time we will eat out with them
    Have fun with your friend and her dh tonight sounds like a nice evening.

great that your bil is really helping out with your bathroom problems.

Sunday sounds great as well, hope you and your hubby have a great time in TO with you daughter and her hubby, enjoy the night off from cooking and enjoy the treat!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I will plan my grocery list tonight, I usually save it for Friday night this way after dinner I can sit down with a cup of tea and look everything other. It is kind of my relaxing night where I do not get much house work done just the grocery list. I will post my big stock up items once I have my list written out, I already know this week's list will be huge.

Actually with what I got out last weekend we finally got our front hallways back which is so nice. We were piling everything up there figuring it was so close to getting out it would get out quickly. So now to do the same with the dinning room. I cannot wait to make than just walk ways through our house.

I am hoping since it has been plowed that come Saturday what is left will melt, but only time will tell. I have such high hopes for tomorrow's nice weather.

What are you buying this weekend for groceries and good bargains or just stock up?

You'll have some space back once you get rid of all that garbage & recycling bin stuff, it's so surprising how much room the recycling stuff takes up.

Hope your snow plough guy will come once the snow/ice melts and make the parking lot flat & safe again and relieve some of the stress and danger(s)!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

well went out and went to Giant tiger.. nothing really left there.. xmas wise anyway.
    then to WM.. oh dear. they still had some things left. i was surprised.
    i picked up a huge Rubbermaid wreath container for $10. this thing is 2-3 across. im thinking of using it to store all the things (minus the balls) i bought yesterday. they stafe and secure. it has a handle.
    heck i could even use it as a cupcake holder. LOL
    i also picked up some odd colored bows and ornaments. (thinking a halloween type project)..
    they were like $.50-$2.. not bad i didn't go overboard.
    they also had cupcake mixes with decorations.. i bought 2 of the red velvet ones.. for $2 u can't get red velvet in the stores for that... great for valentines and the expiry date is like Oct 2015.

went to NoF's. should have waited.. insane place with the $1 sale.... i went to take back a package of $9 cheese my son bought..(cheesestrings) ugh NO.. thats not a 'treat'.. wow. LOL
    bought a cake 50% of like $4....
    anyway.. off to clean house a little..
    I am going to post soon a thread of tablets... i can't figure out how to get in the 'regular' area of this site.. i can get to the forum secton.. but it wont show me the new posts area..
    if anyone knows how to do this let me know.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Hi,
    quick question for coupon girl. Was it you that wants the enfamil coupons? I have 4 packs of samples of gentle ease that i could give you as well as 2 x$8 and 1 x5$ coupons if you like. Please message me,I am in Toronto. If it wasnt coupon girl, could the person it was message me? I dont want it to go to waste.
    Giving swagbucks a try, if you want to try too, sign up here : http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jillyfree

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    You guys are killing me. I won't be able to get to Target until this weekend. Well, I have a return to make so if I don't find anything, I'm getting money back in the pocket. Win-win, really.

I have a very unsexy QOTD: Do you have a will so that your loved ones will get full benefit or a named guardian for your children? Now with LO here, I may finally stop procrastinating and bite the bullet. Time to start thinking of these things.... My mind is nagging me.
    No we do not have a will. For years it was just because we could not agree on who would raise our kids if we died. We agree on that now, but still have not got around to doing it. I figure we rarely even drive together (like the president and the vice president flying on separate planes )so not likely to die together. We should get it done. On the other hand we have tons of life insurance which is good. An old friend of mine was killed by a drunk driver last summer and did not have life insurance. He was only 36 with two small children and a wife. That would be more catastrophic in my mind.

We will get around to doing this someday.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes I would love the 2-8.00 enfamil A+formula coupons -maybe wecan work out a trade of some kind?????

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

We moved back to my native Chatham. I used to live in Kitchener. MUCH milder winters - housing - FANTASTICALLY cheap! Slow pace of life but cultural life in 2 theatres. 1/2 to 45 min. to 3 different border crossings. Beaches on 2 different lakes and rivers, 1/2 hour away. Lots of community events, Historical Societies. Lots of sports facilities, seniors centre, modern hospital. On the 401 so, 1 hour to London, 2 and a bit to Kitchener, 3.5 to Toronto. Flights out of Detroit are at LEAST $250 cheaper than anywhere in Canada. And, just to put the cherry on top - I live here! (LOL!)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Okay I need some insight here-especially from you Ontario folks. I grew up in SW Ontario and I am considering moving back over the next few years. I do believe that housing and food are cheaper there but I think property tax, sales tax and health care may be more. I will have to look into the income tax rates. I believe the winters are generally milder than Calgary although I know this year has been cold there. I also like the idea of a longer summer, spring and fall although I guess I would have to run an air conditioner in the muggy summers! Debating whether it is worth it to give up free healthcare and no sales tax and pretty decent senior benefits in the future to live back around the Great Lakes and better weather and US shopping! So help me out here and tell me what you do and do not like about living in Ontario-thanks. LB
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Warmer weather ....

- did the bottle recycling
    - took the dogs to the off leash park

Tomorrow and the next day and the next day ...
    - it'll be take the dogs to the off leash park
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jillyfree View Post
    Hi,
    quick question for coupon girl. Was it you that wants the enfamil coupons? I have 4 packs of samples of gentle ease that i could give you as well as 2 x$8 and 1 x5$ coupons if you like. Please message me,I am in Toronto. If it wasnt coupon girl, could the person it was message me? I dont want it to go to waste.
    welcome to the thread and yes it's coupon girl

Page 33 of 103 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast

Thread Information