User Tag List

Page 99 of 103 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1531
Like Tree8252Likes

Thread: Ring in the Savings - January 2014 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

HI All,

The voting has closed but there is a tie so if anyone has not voted you know you are please post or pm me your vote of which of the 2 you would like to be the name thread, voting will close at 9AM tomorrow.

Here are the 2 choices

Frugal February-the sequel

Fired Up For February's Finds
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    Was away all week for work. Despite completely and utterly blowing my grocery budget in January, because of my per diems for work, I managed to come out of January pretty much on par. As an added bonus, I racked up a tonne of overtime. So after the government takes 1/2 of it in taxes, I'll still have a few hundred to put aside into the emergency savings, which is starting to grow.

I also managed to not blow the grocery budget out of the water this week. First time in 2014!

I also managed to score a few books of p stamps today. I think I might trade a few to get me back into couponing a little more. Went to SDM today and bought milk and quicktax on sale. I also used a personal offer, but I doubt I'll get those points. Still 20x on something I would have bought anyways. Woo hoo. I got approval to purchase some resources for work. Gonna buy them through my swagbucks link from amazon and get a whole bunch of swagbucks to boot!

Overall, I'm in a great money saving money. Unfortunately, the second wave of the stomach flu has hit our house.
    Hope the 2nd round of flu doesn't make it's way to everyone in the house & doesn't last long. Congrats with the groceries and money savings
    Crochetlady and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Whew, all caught up. you ladies are super inspiring. This was a crazy week for me as I left for work Monday morning and came home Thursday night. Thankfully my boss put me up in a hotel so I did not have to go back and forth for the all-day & evening events. So it was super cheap as I never spent a cent in that time. DH took the kids to Swiss Chalet once but it was planned. This week and next he is away for work so it keeps me busy just getting the boys to the places they need to be.
    I am so happy to see the end of January.
    I did my 1st 20x shop in ages and since I have not been out as much due to the horrible weather & I finally saw my bonus points from December added. 30000 points woo hoo. So I am back over 100 000 points which is good because I am saving them for when my brother gets his own place in the spring.
    I also ventured into Target and found a great deal, but they had only one. I was able to pay 9 cents for a Lysol bathroom cleaner after my target & manufacturers coupon. Then the Ghirardelli cocoa for 2.33.
    I think it is steak for supper here too as DH leaves for the airport as soon as the younger son finishes his lacrosse game.
    Hopefully Nancy is snuggled up warm somewhere and we will see her back soon.

Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I like the second one J..

yesterday was such a long day. out to try and find some material. which i never did. looks i will have to save up and wait for another sale and stock up. or pay a little extra and order on line. yay.

spent nearly 8 hours 'shopping' and was so tired by the time we got home i wanted to go to bed. dh went out with what i thought was both kids around 9 so i went to bed. nope and hour later my other kids comes 'barrelling' in the house and wakes me up.. i tried to fall asleep. no luck so there i sat til 2 am this morning .. was up early this morning..
    trying to patch together a deal and pick up for an item i DESPERATELY want. i hate when people post on kijiji and not respond for days to emails.
    i really hope i get this.
    anyway. nothing but laundry planned here. some tidying up. maybe putting together another project.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvToUseCoupons View Post
    Hi All,
    Happy February....
    Lots of snow here today...but manage to make it to Shoppers and No Frills...still need to go to Walmart but didn't want to stay out there too long. So I go tomorrow if the streets are good, if not then on Monday.
    Wishing everyone a frugal February...can you believe this thread is 1 year already?
    Attachment 213718
    Yes the time has certainly flown by and so happy that many of us are still chatting away on Frugal chatter, great bunch of folks on here and it makes the ups & downs so much easier to know that we have our frugal friends to chat with & share

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Got a freebie. SDM forgot to ring in milk. Didn't realize until I checked receipt, which was after car was loaded with groceries and with both girls strapped in car seats. In the pouring rain, I wasn't going to unload and reload to go back and be honest, like I normally would. Feel a little guilty, but it was their error, not mine.
    Don't fret about the milk it happens sometimes, I left a 6x710ml at WM lastd week that I paid for and well did not call about so I guess it all works out in the end.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    It's a promotion rate til March or April. They do it because of income tax time.
    They will have it again, I think.
    Thanks is the rate guaranteed for a certain period like a year or as long as you have the account opened and then does the interest rate drop low like other banks, that is where I am wondering if it's worth opening depending on how long that 2.5% rate lasts.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    Hoping there is nothing wrong with J&C as I noticed she hasn't been on to post or update our thread.
    I plan on making up some hamburger patties for supper tonight and to freeze, need to grate some cheese and run the dishwasher. Those are my exciting plans for the day. Hope everybody has a great one.

No worries for concern Mac but thanks for thinking of me the kids tend to hog the laptop on the weekends
    and I never got a turn yesterday . Using dh's laptop as I forget we were February already (brain fart) and wanted to post the title of the new thread only to discover there is a tie in the name (lol).

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Yes! that is the one from CT. I went yesterday too and noticed they were on sale but they didn't have any left!

Get a rain cheque!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Finishing up prep to move work/clean so we will be ready to sell! All we will have to do is wash the floors really well in addition to regular cleaning maintenance before the sign goes up, probably one afternoon with DH and I working together. Not sure when, but we are now ready!!!

I plan to do a SDM shop too.
    How exciting & nerve wracking at the same time, good luck hope you get a great price for your home and find that gem of a new house that is still waiting for you and your lovely family

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Whew, all caught up. you ladies are super inspiring. This was a crazy week for me as I left for work Monday morning and came home Thursday night. Thankfully my boss put me up in a hotel so I did not have to go back and forth for the all-day & evening events. So it was super cheap as I never spent a cent in that time. DH took the kids to Swiss Chalet once but it was planned. This week and next he is away for work so it keeps me busy just getting the boys to the places they need to be.
    I am so happy to see the end of January.
    I did my 1st 20x shop in ages and since I have not been out as much due to the horrible weather & I finally saw my bonus points from December added. 30000 points woo hoo. So I am back over 100 000 points which is good because I am saving them for when my brother gets his own place in the spring.
    I also ventured into Target and found a great deal, but they had only one. I was able to pay 9 cents for a Lysol bathroom cleaner after my target & manufacturers coupon. Then the Ghirardelli cocoa for 2.33.
    I think it is steak for supper here too as DH leaves for the airport as soon as the younger son finishes his lacrosse game.
    Hopefully Nancy is snuggled up warm somewhere and we will see her back soon.
    No place like home eh lilo? Now you get your 2 boys to yourself while your dh is away.
    You're a great sister to be helping out your brother and his kids in any way you are able too. Also you did awesome with your SDM points in December holy moly 30,000 points

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

voting's so far

x5 Frugal February-the sequel

x 5 Fired Up For February's Finds
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Sun, Feb 2nd, 2014 at 11:14 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Get a rain cheque!
    Will they give me one on that? Because I really want another one! Ok, I will go back tomorrow and if they don't have them back instock the I will ask for one, Thanks!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Load of laundry hung to dry. Another load in the wash. Tidied up the dining room a bit but want to take 10 pics of things for sale and post now before we go out shopping. Really want to rip the livingroom apart and clean everything. But we want to hit the movies tonight so do not want to be tired later lol Shopping will tire me as it is.

Page 99 of 103 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 ... LastLast

Thread Information